Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Got an email from Diabolik this morning that my Dawn of the Dead 4K has shipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I checked on my DotD order from Zavvi since it was still "pending", and I'm glad I did because what happened was they didn't have enough stock to fill all the orders, so I'd have been waiting for them to get back in stock. So gently caress that. I cancelled the order and joined the DiabolikDVD waitlist. If I have to wait regardless I feel much better about ordering it from Diabolik. Sucks I didn't jump on it sooner.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I will probably never order from Zavvi direct based solely on how they've handled both Dawn releases.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Okay so now I got a 4k player. Now I’m ready to play with you guys.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Too late, us REAL movie buffs just upgraded to 8K. :smug:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CelticPredator posted:

Everyone here has moved on to 8k, get with the times grandpa

e;fb :argh:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Xenomrph posted:

Too late, us REAL movie buffs just upgraded to 8K. :smug:

Personally I'm at 16k.

It's four 4k players glued and taped together, but it runs perfectly.

CelticPredator posted:

Heads up, Alien on 4k is pretty much only available at Walmart or Best Buy, not Amazon, but it's readily available. Evil Dead 1 & 2 are cheaper now on Amazon than they have been for a while.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Those are my next purchase gently caress yeah.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Look at all you, still living in just 2 dimensions.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

Those are my next purchase gently caress yeah.

Amazon's currently doing a buy 2 get the 3rd free mix-n-match deal.

Evil Dead 2 4k is included in the deal, the original is not.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm watching the new Event Horizon remaster on my Warhammer 40K TV.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Look at all you, still living in just 2 dimensions.

Pfft, you're only in 3? I watched my new Rambo 64K disc tomorrow and it was awesome!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Love watching movies in 401k

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feedmyleg posted:

I'm watching the new Event Horizon remaster on my Warhammer 40K TV.

You just painted a regular HD TV red to make it perform better didn't you?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yes but I spent HOURS painting it with a very small brush.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The GOP prefers triple K.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The Vinegar Syndrome pre-sale is live. The VSU 4k release is Six String Samurai

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Bleh. I loved that movie as a teenager but rewatched it recently and it does not hold up at all.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Arrow June. Bird with the Crystal Plumage 4k is gonna be beautiful. May double dip for that.

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

During my weekly click around to see if Solid Metal Nightmares happened to be in stock anywhere, I noticed Amazon has it back up as a pre-order at $99.95 with a release of April 6. I was shocked to see this considering the obscene prices since it went OOS. Does anyone know details on this? Is there a difference from the original release? I couldn't find anything. Link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YDB69LT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Tesh posted:

During my weekly click around to see if Solid Metal Nightmares happened to be in stock anywhere, I noticed Amazon has it back up as a pre-order at $99.95 with a release of April 6. I was shocked to see this considering the obscene prices since it went OOS. Does anyone know details on this? Is there a difference from the original release? I couldn't find anything. Link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YDB69LT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s a repressing without the book. Should still have all the films. Kinda like what they did with the Herschel Gordon Lewis and Gamera sets.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Does the halfway to Black Friday thing have discounts on old poo poo or is it just a thing for the new poo poo?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I wanted the space sex movie but the regular edition is sold out :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CPL593H posted:

Does the halfway to Black Friday thing have discounts on old poo poo or is it just a thing for the new poo poo?

Yes, but only during the sale, this is the flash pre-order for the movies dropping during the sale. They usually have some additional limited merchandise during the sales, and I mean really limited, like quantities of 20 that are sold out before I wake up at 5 am limited.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

The Vinegar Syndrome pre-sale is live. The VSU 4k release is Six String Samurai

Six String Samurai tries harder to be a cult movie than pretty much any other movie I've ever seen. It's fine, but I think this is literally the first time I've seen it mentioned since like 1999.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It is absolutely a movie that runs out of ideas like 20 minutes in.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've never actually seen Six String Samurai :shrug:

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
Six String Samurai is good. However, it is "found it in the $5 bin" good, not "$50 plus shipping" good.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Yes, but only during the sale, this is the flash pre-order for the movies dropping during the sale. They usually have some additional limited merchandise during the sales, and I mean really limited, like quantities of 20 that are sold out before I wake up at 5 am limited.

I don't care about slipcovers or any of that poo poo I just wanted to get a cheap copy of The UFO Abduction*. When is the actual sale?

*I refuse to call it by THAT OTHER TITLE because I'm a pedantic rear end in a top hat.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CPL593H posted:

I don't care about slipcovers or any of that poo poo I just wanted to get a cheap copy of The UFO Abduction*. When is the actual sale?

OH, I don't exactly know if they'll offer discounts on the partner label stuff, they haven't in the past, but this year is also the first time they've offered discounts on them for the yearly subscribers :iiam:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

*I refuse to call it by THAT OTHER TITLE because I'm a pedantic rear end in a top hat.

Woah ok imma get this

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Splint Chesthair posted:

Six String Samurai tries harder to be a cult movie than pretty much any other movie I've ever seen. It's fine, but I think this is literally the first time I've seen it mentioned since like 1999.

Man, what a perfect way to describe it. I remember it advertised to death in the film magazines I read at the time, like they really went out of their way to pay for promotions and ad space. It was so prevalent that I later broke down and watched it, and I was pretty disappointed by how totally bland it was.

You can't just set out to make a "cult movie", especially if you go out of your way to pay people to tell other people how cool it is. That's... the opposite of cool.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

King Vidiot posted:

You can't just set out to make a "cult movie"

Pink Flamingos would like a word with you.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/donnie-darko-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-2001/6458364.p?skuId=6458364

Best Buy currently has the Darko 4K for $32.99. $10 off! I pricematched my pre-order cause I figure it might be a hiccup or something.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

King Vidiot posted:

You can't just set out to make a "cult movie", especially if you go out of your way to pay people to tell other people how cool it is. That's... the opposite of cool.

:emptyquote:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

King Vidiot posted:

It's silly as poo poo to be a full grown adult deciding what makes up something that's "cool," but, man, a feeling of effortlessness is key for me and I always felt the effort in every frame of Six String Samurai. It's straining.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

caligulamprey posted:

It's silly as poo poo to be a full grown adult deciding what makes up something that's "cool," but, man, a feeling of effortlessness is key for me and I always felt the effort in every frame of Six String Samurai. It's straining.

I mean, I'll give it credit for closing out the 90's by being the perfect distillation of every 90's indie film in one movie.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Also having one of your main characters be a constantly moaning child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Alright, you all successfully talked me out of buying Six String Samurai. I always assumed it was a try hard Tarantino-type of movie, so I never watched it. Going to get some of the other titles they have coming though.