Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

My expectations were already at rock bottom, but seeing them weave and dodge to avoid saying anything of substance was still a hell of a thing.

Their case studies in extremism were:

one Atomwaffen dude
a guy who expressed support for ISIS
a right-wing terrorist not affiliated with any specific group
a guy in the Order of Nine Angles
a neo-nazi not affiliated with any specific group
a Moorish Soverign Citizen

I suppose if you were being generous, you could say that at least most of the examples were right-wing, but come on. It wasn't the Order of the Nine Angles that was beating down the doors of the Capitol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I know right? Who would have thought that the military of all groups would fail the common sense test?

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

Big ship very stuck

https://twitter.com/JonJennings/status/1375153985342992389?s=19

For the folks who have sailed it, is that an accurate topography?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/1375468096798998529

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Jesus christ.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wombot posted:

Big ship very stuck

Its probably not accurate anymore.

One weird trick to dredge a canal! Global commerce hates it!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Wombot posted:

Big ship very stuck

I haven’t sailed it, but the chart appears accurate based on other charts i pulled up earlier.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Wombot posted:

Big ship very stuck

I mean, I'll defer to legit-topographical charts, but why the gently caress would only 2/3rds of an artificial channel be dredged for full draft?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mean, I'll defer to legit-topographical charts, but why the gently caress would only 2/3rds of an artificial channel be dredged for full draft?

:capitalism:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is it just overflow to handle changing water levels?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Jesus christ, that was the publix I went to for my tendies sammiches at [current job-1]. :stonk:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They don’t need the full draft for the entire canal. The right side is more than deep enough for tugs and small boats to get around, so it’s there to help provide access while the deep channel is there for ships.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

“But no one who does a mass shooting is gonna carry that many guns”

I swear I read that in this thread. Show yourself

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Defenestrategy posted:

Jesus christ, that was the publix I went to for my tendies sammiches at [current job-1]. :stonk:

As someone who lives in Aurora Colorado I'm kinda nervous about shopping right now

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mr. Nice! posted:

They don’t need the full draft for the entire canal. The right side is more than deep enough for tugs and small boats to get around, so it’s there to help provide access while the deep channel is there for ships.

Makes sense. I guess I kinda applied Panama-canal assumptions to Suez, which was probably dumb to begin with.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Our training was oddly insistent that it's totally okay to have extremist beliefs, and even to openly advocate for those beliefs (one example was posting on a church message board), as long as you don't cross the line into illegal action or joining groups that advocate for illegal action. But if you think that, for example, Jews can't be trusted and there should be laws limiting what they can do, it's apparently fine to say so. Just do it in a non-partisan way.

I kind of feel like the extremism training people and the equal opportunity people didn't really coordinate their messages and policies.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Our training was oddly insistent that it's totally okay to have extremist beliefs, and even to openly advocate for those beliefs (one example was posting on a church message board), as long as you don't cross the line into illegal action or joining groups that advocate for illegal action. But if you think that, for example, Jews can't be trusted and there should be laws limiting what they can do, it's apparently fine to say so. Just do it in a non-partisan way.

I kind of feel like the extremism training people and the equal opportunity people didn't really coordinate their messages and policies.

Please tell me that "class" was recorded and will soon be on the internet.

God I'm glad I am out.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Wingnut Ninja posted:

If you're forced to clean your room, you're gonna do the shittiest possible job of cleaning your room.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

i was a dork and explained cryptofacism and had to explain why dylan roof hair was being used as a hate symbol.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Is posting on a church message board a sign of extremist beliefs?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

US Berder Patrol posted:

The violence is always gonna be there. Rip the plugs out of the walls, leave all the cheap poo poo that won't fit in the connex, literally straight up just bring all the troops home

Extend an offer of no questions asked asylum to young Afghan women and girls as well who want to escape Taliban oppression as well.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 26, 2021

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Sacrist65 posted:

If you're forced to clean your room, you're gonna do the shittiest possible job of cleaning your room.

Am I literally the only person on earth who overdelivers out of spite? Spite is, like, one of my best and most powerful motivators!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Afghan. Afghani is the money.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Kesper North posted:

Am I literally the only person on earth who overdelivers out of spite? Spite is, like, one of my best and most powerful motivators!

Thats probably a good mentality to have.

I would over deliver if a bad supervisor was out on vacation/leave to show that they were, at best, valueless to operation and at worst, a hinderence.

Lol if anyone else would made that connection. Theyd probably be congradulated for instilling leadership or something.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:nice:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

RFC2324 posted:

As someone who lives in Aurora Colorado I'm kinda nervous about shopping right now

Do what I've been doing for months. Do pickup orders.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Dang. That's shockingly fast police response, and assuming the guy was planning something glad the cop didn't take up a position in the parking lot.

Question (not trying to troll) is loading and carrying guns in a bathroom, without making threats or aiming them at anyone, a crime? Clearly odd behavior but if not combined with clear intent to do harm won't he walk?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

https://twitter.com/MikeSilvermanBB/status/1375448029059284993

Hopefully this is the beginning of more organizations putting pressure on Georgia.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Dang. That's shockingly fast police response, and assuming the guy was planning something glad the cop didn't take up a position in the parking lot.

Question (not trying to troll) is loading and carrying guns in a bathroom, without making threats or aiming them at anyone, a crime? Clearly odd behavior but if not combined with clear intent to do harm won't he walk?

They might be able to get him on weapons charges of some form. I don't remember exactly, but I believe stores in GA have "no concealed weapon" signs or something of that nature.

But yeah, he might get off on a technicality.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Grip it and rip it posted:

Is posting on a church message board a sign of extremist beliefs?

"I have deeply held religious beliefs about homosexuality. Will I get in trouble for discussing this on my church's message board?" And the answer is "No, it's okay." I doubt they're talking about a deeply held religious belief that gay people should be given free beer on the sabbath.

It seemed like they were trying to avoid hurting feelings by targeting the very narrow gap between someone advocating violence and then going and doing that violence, rather than the rhetoric that leads up to that point. There was a lot of talk about how you should treat everyone with respect and equality, but it's okay if you don't think you should. As long as you don't explicitly say so at work.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Such kids gloves being worn by an org that goes into your room to check if you made your bed.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

DurosKlav posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeSilvermanBB/status/1375448029059284993

Hopefully this is the beginning of more organizations putting pressure on Georgia.

I mean, it worked when republicans tried implementing bathroom laws and a ton of places wanted to score free goodwill by telling Georgia to remove the laws or they can go gently caress themselves with any special events.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Surely, Elon Musk has had a stupid idea regarding the Suez Canal beaching that I have not been made aware of.

Alternatively, a pleasant thought that I just had is if he had been put in charge of this event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPuaSY0cMK8

We got a park named after the Exploding Whale recently.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Defenestrategy posted:

I mean, it worked when republicans tried implementing bathroom laws and a ton of places wanted to score free goodwill by telling Georgia to remove the laws or they can go gently caress themselves with any special events.

Ya, a big one would be all the studios which film tv shows and movies in Georgia doing something, or hell if Coke did something.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If Delta and Coke make a call or announcement together, I imagine that gets some attention fast. But will they? :smith:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

DurosKlav posted:

Ya, a big one would be all the studios which film tv shows and movies in Georgia doing something, or hell if Coke did something.

The companies put out statements against the voting law, and pulled donations to the insurrection-friendly state reps. Then the companies shut up and found alternative methods of funding the insurrection-friendly state reps through various other Republican groups.

The companies don't matter like they used to. State/local Republicans have basically decided that their only threat to their careers is losing a Republican primary, even a primary for a higher office. Until proven otherwise, that basically means regurgitating Donnie's word vomit and doing what the MAGA fucks want in terms of voting - nobody votes that can't pass the paper bag test. And the MAGA fucks donate enough money that even after the scamcut is taken, it makes up for the missing companies' donations.

So the Republicans just call the companies woke cuck shills, threaten boycotts, and the companies shut up. It also doesn't hurt that the companies are obsessed with pretending COVID isn't real (for money) and there's only one party currently in that game.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Probably went for a toilet nap after carrying all that poo poo around for 5 minutes.

How did he carry all that into the crapper? desperado style guitar case?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

If Delta and Coke make a call or announcement together, I imagine that gets some attention fast. But will they? :smith:

Ever since the transphobic laws and the NRA stuff Delta has been quietly and slowly but surely moving some corporate stuff to MSP and more international flights across the atlantic to Detroit/JFK and across the pacific to Seattle/LA. This may have to do with ATL and their HQ buildings at ATL being completely full, but they're not making any efforts on expanding operations in ATL either. Then again expanding ATL would be dumb when they have a spare corporate headquarters in MSP and DTW/MSP are still not near the capacity that Northwest was using at either.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Sacrist65 posted:

Thats probably a good mentality to have.

I would over deliver if a bad supervisor was out on vacation/leave to show that they were, at best, valueless to operation and at worst, a hinderence.

Lol if anyone else would made that connection. Theyd probably be congradulated for instilling leadership or something.

Yeah, I ran into that a lot until I learned to unobtrusively make my supervisor's supervisors aware of this overdelivery. Every good campaign is fought on multiple fronts simultaneously ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
A British Major General has been court-martialed and imprisoned for fiddling his expense. Highest ranking officer court-martialed here in 200 years.

Pissed everything away for the sake of £48k.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-56538334