Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Laserface posted:

The annoying thing is yeah, I dont need to change profiles on the fly. Or rather, I shouldnt but there is like 2 games in my library that have real rigid control layout customisation.

Wreckfest wont let me customise my button layout and therefore I cant use left paddle as A to shift down and right paddle to shift up as B which is a very usable layout across FPS and driving games. None of the presets have the buttons in the desired positions (some games do)

its stupid because im sure wreckfest on PC lets you assign buttons all over the place.

otherwise the elite control v2 is cool. no reliability issues here, its a step up over the original elite controller. the battery lasts for-loving-ever.

Yep, I've never even had it run low, I usually just plug it in every 2-3 days for a bit and it has never had issues. I do a similar paddle setup for Forza Horizon 4, and it works for reloading and switching weapons for fps games as well with most default setups. I hardly ever mess with default controls tbh unless the game has weirdo inversion options set to default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

well the low battery LED on the controller comes on when you're at 50% remaining, instead of the usual system alert at like 5% right before the batteries cut out in a regular controller.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Laserface posted:

well the low battery LED on the controller comes on when you're at 50% remaining, instead of the usual system alert at like 5% right before the batteries cut out in a regular controller.

my god I haven't even seen the 50% point yet :staredog:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I use the share button to screenshot bugs mostly like when I was playing Spiritfarer and the hedgehog told me to progress her quest by "sidequest_hedgehog:string"

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

:hfive: doing free QA to never submit bug reports

I have screenshots of every typo and double space in 13 sentinels

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I hate pressing the analogue sticks in, so I always unbind them. Pressing analogue sticks in is a disgusting thing to do, it’s inconsistent when I want it to happen, and I often do it by accident when I don’t.

For the halo layouts I like, pressing right analogue took the essential functions of melee or rifle zoom. Who in their right mind would want to gently caress up their aim to melee or zoom their gun? I wouldn’t be able to kill anyone. It’s insanity, and I’ll have no part of it.

Now I do those actions with the paddle and it feels so much better. Same for locking on to enemies in Sekiro. Life changing, and I can’t go back.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I used the share button to post a goofy bug to my XBox feed in Train Simulator when I first got the system to see how it worked and like two weeks later a bunch of Germans randomly found it and started chatting in the comments.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I’m bad at video games so I only use the button to show friends funny Yakuza cutscenes I could have just easily searched for on YouTube.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I used the share button to post a goofy bug to my XBox feed in Train Simulator when I first got the system to see how it worked and like two weeks later a bunch of Germans randomly found it and started chatting in the comments.

That’s your 15 minutes, I hope you made the most of it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It's weird how you can go to obscure community posts on Xbox (often official posts) and find people chatting in the comments. Really looooong chats with thousands of comments.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I never actually post any of my shots/clips to Xbox cause I don't know how it works and I don't wanna spam my friend's feeds or something.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Yeah I don’t know how the social stuff works either. I know how to look at the activity feed on individual profiles but that sucks to do and it’s usually just achievements anyway. Is there like a full feed of the screenshots and video clips all my friends have posted?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Crafty posted:

I hate pressing the analogue sticks in, so I always unbind them. Pressing analogue sticks in is a disgusting thing to do, it’s inconsistent when I want it to happen, and I often do it by accident when I don’t.

how loving hard are you gripping the controller that you are accidentally clicking the thumbsticks in all the time, and have you considered maybe just loosening up your extra strength gorilla grip lol

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
drat this Octopath Traveler game is charming as hell. I just started Ophilias 1st chapter and this is like the ASMR of JRPGS

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

best buy has the series S in stock online right now if anyone wants one.
Also the walmart website has the link open for the All Access program to get a series X. ($35/mo for 2 years includes a series X and game pass ultimate for 2 years as well. 0% interest)

otter fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 26, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I was pretty sick of octopath by the end. The story is not only bog standard, its 8 bog standard stories at once so none of them get more than a basic sketch. It makes a good First impression tho, especially in the dancer's chapter

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

I never actually post any of my shots/clips to Xbox cause I don't know how it works and I don't wanna spam my friend's feeds or something.

I used to leave that stuff on but once I took a screenshot of 100%ing all the games in the spyro collection and a month later some guy i didnt know called me a loser

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmfao

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

elf help book posted:

I used to leave that stuff on but once I took a screenshot of 100%ing all the games in the spyro collection and a month later some guy i didnt know called me a loser

Cannot believe someone would hate on you living your best life like that. Do what you like fam

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Spyro rules

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

That 4 hour xbox twitch indie event is still going right now, about to roll into the last hour. Some good reveals so far.

GotY got announced

https://youtu.be/6oPL03p8UjA

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1375529152078565381?s=19

At least a couple of these have gotta be decent.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I hope Boyfriend Dungeon is good. Such promise.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My heart tells me STALKER 2 is gonna be rear end :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its gonna suck so bad but if it doesnt suck even a tiny bit i guess thats a win for such a doomed project

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My heart tells me STALKER 2 is gonna be rear end :(

I don't give a poo poo, it being on gamepass is great.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

barnold posted:

how loving hard are you gripping the controller that you are accidentally clicking the thumbsticks in all the time, and have you considered maybe just loosening up your extra strength gorilla grip lol

It’s just when I panic in a fight usually, but it happens enough that it gets me killed. I don’t understand how people can click the right thumb stick in to ADS whilst also adjusting their crosshairs position at the same time, and it not have a major affect on where their aim goes. It’s a skill I don’t have.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

American McGay posted:

IIRC there’s an “Activity” timeline of sorts on the iOS app

Never mind, realized I could check since I’m on my phone and the apps been updated and that part is gone.

So yeah, sorry, I used to take quick peaks at things from friends when I was grabbing links to share and thought it was neat. It wasn’t something I did often but still.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
There's still a place you can see that stuff on the Xbox dash but if it's anything like mine, even if you have over a hundred friends on your list you are way more likely to see sponsored or promotional content or official posts from games you play or own than clips/screenshots from friends.

Which is actually too bad, really. I miss when it was more prominent and I used to see people on my friends list posting silly videos from rdr2 or call of duty or whatever.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

I was pretty sick of octopath by the end. The story is not only bog standard, its 8 bog standard stories at once so none of them get more than a basic sketch. It makes a good First impression tho, especially in the dancer's chapter
Dropped it after 30 hours and can't find the strength to progress forward :( first impression's amazing, then you're just increasingly disillusioned

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Crafty posted:

It’s just when I panic in a fight usually, but it happens enough that it gets me killed. I don’t understand how people can click the right thumb stick in to ADS whilst also adjusting their crosshairs position at the same time, and it not have a major affect on where their aim goes. It’s a skill I don’t have.

Yeah, I get this 100%.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Watching this Indie vid, the idea of the Series S makes a lot more sense. If indies love developing for the Switch, why not make a piece of hardware that runs that kind of thing?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Doctor Nutt posted:

drat this Octopath Traveler game is charming as hell. I just started Ophilias 1st chapter and this is like the ASMR of JRPGS

So you masturbate to it ?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Lammasu posted:

So you masturbate to it ?

.... Yea? I mean, what else would you do.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I played Octopath Traveler on Switch and thought the first third or so was fine. Most of the individual story prologues were fun as you're gathering all the characters - they're one-dimensional walking tropes but whatever, the game signals very early on that it's a love letter to classic JRPGs.

A major complaint that me and a lot of other people had was the characters barely interacting with each other during the main story beats. Again, partially a homage to older games where party members were just blank slates and partially due to the open-ended nature of the game, but it's not something I am a fan of. Instead, there's "party chat" scenes where the characters will have short exchanges, but they're largely boring IMO.

Later on you get secondary jobs and even later there's unlockable overpowered secret jobs, which helps mix things up combat-wise. The game's battle system isn't bad on its own but fights do tend to last a while. I can easily see a lot of people dropping this midway through - there isn't any huge hook here aside from the characters, and if you don't instantly love them... well, maybe you love grinding? There's lots of that here, too.

It's a shame because there's great art and music - but overall it's just not a very good RPG.

One final note: If you do make it to the end credits, just uninstall. Do not attempt the "endgame dungeon" and "final boss".

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Don't care about anything else except supporting this stone cold fact

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

That 4 hour xbox twitch indie event is still going right now, about to roll into the last hour. Some good reveals so far.

GotY got announced

https://youtu.be/6oPL03p8UjA

I thought your link was going to be that "Alien Airport Run by Dogs" game.

Anyone watch the event? I watched the first hour. Some cool trailers, but way too much filler in between. Just show the games!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I've seen Dead Static Drive at a few PAXes, it looks pretty cool and is friggin' stylish to boot.

https://twitter.com/kurtruslfanclub/status/1319152842469298176
https://twitter.com/kurtruslfanclub/status/1354686339690549249

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Kind of wish Art of Rally was coming to PC, but I'll live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Kind of wish Art of Rally was coming to PC, but I'll live.

It reminds me a lot of Lonely Mountain Downhill.