Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
just back it out the way you came in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

bedpan posted:

I like the little excavator for scale.

oh wow, never realized the whole thing wasn't navigatable. One of the ship tracking sites shows the depths and yep, a third of the ship is on a sand bar.
https://www.myshiptracking.com/

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I'm just glad I'll never gently caress up anything as badly as that captain hosed up.

OK I am kinda jealous of how much damage he accomplished.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok I got it, just do an underground nuclear explosion under the ship so it forms a deep crater it can float in, bingo

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I don't know why this story is so funny but it is.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Homocow posted:

I don't know why this story is so funny but it is.

It's one of those things that it gets funnier the longer you think about it.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

peepeepants posted:

oh wow, never realized the whole thing wasn't navigatable. One of the ship tracking sites shows the depths and yep, a third of the ship is on a sand bar.

(staring at this boat for the third day)

WOW! that thing’s really stuck in there, huh

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

increasingly looking like the flippant ideas of cutting the ship so that the canal can reopen might be the ticket

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
that boat is probably pretty heavy too, what with all the poo poo on top of it

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

twoday posted:

that boat is probably pretty heavy too, what with all the poo poo on top of it

get 200 helicopters and lift it up

e: quick check, just get a little more than 10,000 of the biggest heavy lift helicopters

brugroffil has issued a correction as of 21:46 on Mar 26, 2021

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

200 heavy lifting blimps

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Drain the septic tank. Poop's heavy.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao if this closes the canal for months. physical trade between europe and china/india is hosed

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

brugroffil posted:

e: quick check, just get a little more than 10,000 of the biggest heavy lift helicopters

one singular Osprey :smug:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
all the employees of balloons incorporated fly down to egypt for a HUGE party

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

When do the pirates show up?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

If pirates stormed and stole the ship, they would be given medals and called heroes.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Victory Position posted:

one singular Osprey :smug:

i saw one of those flying overhead recently and it made me extremely nervous

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

twoday posted:

(staring at this boat for the third day)

WOW! that thing’s really stuck in there, huh

this keeps getting funnier and i love it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

i saw one of those flying overhead recently and it made me extremely nervous

wasn't there some clinton-era conspiracy theory about bill intentionally crashing ospreys to kill marines?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

bedpan posted:

If pirates stormed and stole the ship, they would be given medals and called heroes.

Yes, but I meant for the boat parade diverting south.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

so what is the likelihood that someone did this on purpose? seems kinda weird that they would just draw a dick in the water before going in and wedging themselves like that. sorta like the lady wearing a 'lol' shirt smearing vx on un's brother's face

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

I am looking at well over 100 boats on the water, right this moment, and none of them are wedged in place

why does big boat have to be such an rear end in a top hat?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

brugroffil posted:

get 200 helicopters and lift it up

Let's position the moon directly above the ship so we can use its gravity to assist. As a bonus, that will pull more water into the canal to aid in refloating.

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1375550651393056768?s=20

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Spergin Morlock posted:

so what is the likelihood that someone did this on purpose? seems kinda weird that they would just draw a dick in the water before going in and wedging themselves like that. sorta like the lady wearing a 'lol' shirt smearing vx on un's brother's face

the dick drawing is the most normal thing about this

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

you gotta be careful when attempting a full day tugging sesh

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

peepeepants posted:

well there's your problem

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

lmao

TUG HARDER

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

look, simply detonate a small nuke underwater in the gulf of suez, thereby triggering a mini tsunami which will flood the canal, thereby freeing the boat

what's the problem

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ill do a tugging event for moral support a bit later tonight

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

peepeepants posted:

:sickos:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Never know, there might be opportunity for piracy around South Africa with all the increased traffic.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

what if we got a shitload of helium and balloons

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

wow can't believe nvidia put every rtx video card on a boat and it got stuck

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
If we start digging through the ocean floor northeast of New Zealand we should be able to tunnel all the way through to the canal and the ship will drain into the pacific ocean.

Alternatively maybe the pacific drains into the suez canal and then you don't have to worry about having a canal at all anymore?

I don't know how these things work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

*tugs at boat* I get no respect!