Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Taint and Scrotum! They're cops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
We bored him to death!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was kind of surprised that yes, the alien actually was nude.

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.
Exxxtraaa Boooold!!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

muscles like this! posted:

I was kind of surprised that yes, the alien actually was nude.

Rude. Even the monster in This Island Earth had the decency to wear a nice pair of slacks...

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hey did they say if they're posting a d/l link for purchasers during the stream last night? Usually they make a big deal about it being for download too but they haven't really mentioned it in the promo materials this time.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Chris said to give him 24 hrs, and the link will be up

e: at this point, I think, it would be a bigger deal to NOT provide downloads after the show.

By the way, for those wondering, the April show is another Night of Shorts.

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 10, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I got a link for the show at about 7 EST last night so maybe check your spam folders and such.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

why didn't they recruit the teenage strangler to stop the teenage crimewave

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Because he was off partying with the teenage caveman.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bootleg Trunks posted:

why didn't they recruit the teenage strangler to stop the teenage crimewave

Because the strangler didn’t only strangle teens.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Are Deathstalker 1 and 2 better than 3

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Are Deathstalker 1 and 2 better than 3

2 yes, because it has Monique Gabrielle in it (playing a dual role, no less), and she is just so earnestly bad that it actually becomes kinda endearing. Plus she's rather easy on the eyes :quagmire:

1 I never actually watched, but from all accounts if you like lots of rape scenes in your medieval fantasy movies, then this is the one to watch

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
That was the Live show where Joel was like "We're gonna do Deathstalker!"
"Actually, we just rewatched Deathstalker. We're gonna do Deathstalker 2, instead."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Hogama posted:

That was the Live show where Joel was like "We're gonna do Deathstalker!"
"Actually, we just rewatched Deathstalker. We're gonna do Deathstalker 2, instead."

I mainly remember hearing 1 had a lot of rape scenes from when Red Letter Media did a "Best of the Worst" episode where it was one of the movies they watched, and how it was sort of a lazy screenwriter's/director's shorthand to have a rape scene, so they could 1)show the villain is really evil, and 2)shoehorn in some gratuitous nudity

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
And even without the rape scenes, there's just plain so much nudity that if they edited it, they'd barely have a movie left.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/GrantMcLellan9/status/1371907104236314628
Someone found an old FMV game that Bill had a small part in.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Haha. I hadn’t seen that one, but I remember Bill posting other clips from this series a few years ago where he played a different character.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Big Maurice Lamarche energy in that performance.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This reminds me every now and then I have an urge to track down Dark Star (or whatever it was called).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Double post but:

https://twitter.com/JoelGHodgson/status/1372193638931922945

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Wait didn’t they already make a Manos sequel? And are these the same people that kept trying to stonewall Ben Solo’s restoration project?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Wait didn’t they already make a Manos sequel? And are these the same people that kept trying to stonewall Ben Solo’s restoration project?

There was a really good article about it on Playboy's website about the Manos rights issues but it has since disappeared. IIRC the son of director Hal Warren has been trying to claim that Manos isn't in the public domain and that he owns the rights to it. Then there was this weirdo named Rupert Munch who was running around claiming he owned the rights to Manos somehow and he had his own sequel. This was the guy who strongarmed his way onto the Rifftrax Live by threatening to sue unless they gave him some free publicity (his parts have been subsequently edited out of archived versions of the show.)

AFAIK Jackey Jones has been mostly doing her own stuff and didn't try to stop the restoration.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Two sequels have been released and I don’t think either were the one that that Rupert guy was trying to get made.

I’m really fuzzy on the details, but I think it eventually came out that Rupert was the one really behind all the copyright disputes, and he dragged Hal Warren into it sort of against his will. I could be wrong though. I’m going off half remembered details from a few years ago.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There was a really good article about it on Playboy's website about the Manos rights issues but it has since disappeared. IIRC the son of director Hal Warren has been trying to claim that Manos isn't in the public domain and that he owns the rights to it. Then there was this weirdo named Rupert Munch who was running around claiming he owned the rights to Manos somehow and he had his own sequel. This was the guy who strongarmed his way onto the Rifftrax Live by threatening to sue unless they gave him some free publicity (his parts have been subsequently edited out of archived versions of the show.)

Was that the thing where Munch appeared as Torgo to show scenes from his sequel and it was just super awkward?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Was that the thing where Munch appeared as Torgo to show scenes from his sequel and it was just super awkward?

There were actually two bits: Torgo and Manos coming out to do a bit during the show, and a video of Torgo singing "Take It Easy" over the show credits.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Remember to believe in magic... or I'll kill you

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Merlin was a thieving crackhead who fenced VCRs to feed his habit!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

What the hell are the pincher worms in Squirm!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ztewn_KwM
Rifftrax put up one of their best riffs, The Guy From Harlem, to Youtube.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I still die at Kevin's outrage over how The Guy orders a New York Strip and J&B scotch.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Bootleg Trunks posted:

What the hell are the pincher worms in Squirm!

Blood worms I think

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycera_(annelid)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

I still die at Kevin's outrage over how The Guy orders a New York Strip and J&B scotch.

Two well done New York Strip steaks and a bottle of J&B Scotch.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Two well done New York Strip steaks and a bottle of J&B Scotch.

I only ate well-done steak.

When I was seven years old.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"What happens if someone wants one well done?"
"We ask them politely yet firmly to leave."

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Dawgstar posted:

"Hope you like really tough burnt meat and lovely scotch!"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

WhiteHowler posted:

I only ate well-done steak.

When I was seven years old.

same, but wrt the J&B scotch

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Which episode is that has the skit with the radio that's always tuned to the news that's specifically relevant to the movie?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Which episode is that has the skit with the radio that's always tuned to the news that's specifically relevant to the movie?

The Giant Gila Monster.

Also RIP John "Bud" Cardos, director of Outlaw of Gor and The Day Time Ended, plus the Rifftrax-only movies The Dark, Kingdom of the Spiders, and Mutant. As an actor he worked with such directorial legends as Arch Hall Sr. and Al Adamson. He was also second unit director on The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant and something called The Wild Bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Action Jacktion posted:

The Giant Gila Monster.

Also RIP John "Bud" Cardos, director of Outlaw of Gor and The Day Time Ended, plus the Rifftrax-only movies The Dark, Kingdom of the Spiders, and Mutant. As an actor he worked with such directorial legends as Arch Hall Sr. and Al Adamson. He was also second unit director on The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant and something called The Wild Bunch.

Never heard of it.