Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Some dumbass broke the web store on Safari again.

It's just unreal how terrible the store has become.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fix posted:

RIP working iPhone webstore 2020-2021

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Fix posted:

It's just unreal how terrible the store capitalism has become.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So i'm going to pick up a few of the other US psone games before they go, but i've forgotten how i did it again.

I created a US account with a US address but can't remember where i picked up a US gift card to top up my account.

Kin fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 26, 2021

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just use Amazon.com, they'll ask for a billing address but don't check so you can just steal a US zip code from somewhere and make the rest up.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Dream of a better digital storefront

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fix posted:

Aw poo poo, and the Safari compatibility modules were on a ship heading through the Suez canal.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

People are reporting the old webstore link is no longer working. The native stores for PS3 and PSV are still working tho

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ignis posted:

People are reporting the old webstore link is no longer working. The native stores for PS3 and PSV are still working tho

I tried the native store on ps3 earlier today and couldn't find any buy buttons.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You have to wait the ten minutes for it to load first

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ignis posted:

I was using it last night but it's not working anymore.

My hunch is that the announcement led to a huge influx of traffic to those pages and Sony told their webteam to remove them because they don't want money.

There's so much baffling stuff about this that makes me wonder if the stuff about the CMOS is true and irreversible and Sony are trying to mitigate the liability of shutting down everything old.

Like, they must have current servers which host all the PS4/PS5 stuff right? So that shouldn't be a financial cause for concern if the older PS3/2/1 games are also stored there.

Edit: I always wrote off PS now because of less than perfect internet connection, but is it actually ok if you've got a decent one?

Kin fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Mar 27, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I tried PS Now like a year ago with the free month trial or whatever and it was perfectly fine with a half-decent connection. It's also nice that you can download any PS4 game like normal from there. I played God of War 2 and had no noticeable lag either.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Fix posted:

Just give up and use PSPrices instead. It's much faster and gives you more information like price history and comparisons to physical prices.

It does other platforms as well, but I found dekudeals is good for the Nintendo eshop

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I can't find the Katamari PSP game on the Vita store :rant:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did it have a digital version? Not everything on PSP did

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I take it with the old product pages finally being removed that there's no way to get any of the old Ps1 classic games?

I managed to get a few already (like Xenoblade and parasite Eve) but because there's nothing on PSNow for PS1 it looks like i'm buggered trying to pick up the other things like Final Fantasy Tactics and Chrono cross that were never released in the UK.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stare-Out posted:

I tried PS Now like a year ago with the free month trial or whatever and it was perfectly fine with a half-decent connection. It's also nice that you can download any PS4 game like normal from there. I played God of War 2 and had no noticeable lag either.

Yeah i used it to play ps3 games i had missed out on this past xmas break and was surprised how well it worked but im in a big city so maybe its not typical

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Very impressive how dedicated Sony are to ruining their webstore across 17 years of consoles

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kin posted:

I take it with the old product pages finally being removed that there's no way to get any of the old Ps1 classic games?

I managed to get a few already (like Xenoblade and parasite Eve) but because there's nothing on PSNow for PS1 it looks like i'm buggered trying to pick up the other things like Final Fantasy Tactics and Chrono cross that were never released in the UK.

The only thing you could use to get them now is the PS3 store

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can't buy anything on the PS3 store now :/

e: nvm, sale went through when I restarted

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 27, 2021

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no way that Sony could just turn off the PS3 store without an official announcement and the internet collectively freaking out

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Did it have a digital version? Not everything on PSP did

According to release lists like in GameFAQs it did, in every region even. Plus, that's how the majority of people who say it plays better on the Vita would be playing it.

I'm going to hook up my PS3 and see if it's purchasable from there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah forgot about that lol

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

The only thing you could use to get them now is the PS3 store

Aha, perfect, managed to find them.

Someone earlier mentioned that i could get the gift cards from amazon US. Does anyone have a link to them? I've done a few searches and they come back with poor reviews and warnings of scams and such.

I'm basically looking at $31.96 so need to grab two $20's or a $50 i guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-...d_bap_m_rp_1_sc that's the last one I bought just make sure they're sold by Amazon and not a third party seller

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-...d_bap_m_rp_1_sc that's the last one I bought just make sure they're sold by Amazon and not a third party seller

Awesome thanks.

How hosed up are the amazon search results when this is what i get back by putting in the actual title from that page :/
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=playstation+store+gift+card&ref=nb_sb_noss

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

That loving Sned posted:

Just give up and use PSPrices instead. It's much faster and gives you more information like price history and comparisons to physical prices.

It does other platforms as well, but I found dekudeals is good for the Nintendo eshop

I do use that site as well, but it doesn't actually help to let me buy games when I can't log into the shop.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
To test it out (and to make up for possibly grabbing a :filez: version recently), I bought Vagrant Story through the PS3 store, and the payment processing problem I was having a few weeks back has been fixed. BUT browsing seems to be completely hosed, up and a bunch of poo poo won't show up unless you actually search for it. (MGS: Virtual Ops shows up under PS One Classics, for instance, but MGS itself doesn't.) Once you've pulled something up, you can still buy it, though. Just a heads-up for anyone looking for anything specific.

EDIT - Assuming it's PS1 games you're looking for, Wikipedia is as good a list source as any.

After The War fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 27, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I forgot how bad the search function was on the PS3 store. Whoever designed that... well... bad job

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The old old PS3 store worked okay...

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

gently caress me, Katamari PSP is also not available anymore on the PS3 store in the EU. I mean, I do have a hacked PSTV but I wanted to do this legitimately. Assholes.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
No legitimate rolling under capitalism.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Is Katamari Reroll legit the only Katamari game you can buy digitally for the franchise right now? Whoo boy

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Ignis posted:

Is Katamari Reroll legit the only Katamari game you can buy digitally for the franchise right now? Whoo boy

Beautiful Katamari for the Xbox 360 (and it's not backwards compatible so 360 only)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Katamari Forever is on PS Now.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
You can still get the original for PS3 if you're willing to put up with the store.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I'm hitting issues when trying to by those US PSN cards from Amazon. It keeps pulling them out of my cart with an error saying:
"We're sorry. Some items became unavailable after you added them to your cart. In some cases, you can return to the product information page to try another seller."

I'm guessing it's something to do with my delivery addresses (it's a UK Amazon account). I added a US address, but it hasn't made a difference.

Do i need to make a completely brand new amazon account or something?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I think you need to be on a VPN for those?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

We love katamari is my fav one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
There's also the semi-recent port of the original Katamari Damacy for Switch and PC, which should be available digitally on both platforms.