Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkoni posted:

The way those two sided magic cards work is you get to decide which side you want to play when you play it. You want the red lady, play it as the red lady, want the blue guy, play it as the blue guy.

er, so do you just say "I'm playing Will and he has X stats" with rowan's card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They already had modal cards all the way back in the Ravnica set but those were sorceries or instants so they immediately went to the graveyard. The two-sided non-transform cards are for permanents that stay on the battlefield

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Acerbatus posted:

er, so do you just say "I'm playing Will and he has X stats" with rowan's card?

Yeah. Either you have a blank insert with a regular back andthe card name written on it, and you have the double sided card off to the side ready to be played or you have the double sided card sleeved and you take it out and flip it to the appropriate side. Yeah it's pretty confusing.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The limits of 3D cards...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Previously on Persona 5 Strikers:

I thought I would revisit crepes and get some extra practice. This time around, a special request from the discord:

*sophia voice* this is the request:

Savory crepe batter had chives and scallion greens mixed in. Sunny side up egg on top of Swiss cheese and then folded into a square for maximum yolk deployment. The other crepe had Chinese doubanjiang (spicy bean paste), Swiss cheese, bacon, and Canadian bacon.

Sweet crepes. I was gonna put Nutella on one of them to get in the "chocolate" zone, but I couldn't find it in the store. One has a honey base and the other a strawberry jam base. Filled with banana, strawberry, mango, whipped cream; topped with same and dusted with powdered sugar.

Felt on-theme to have a Japanese Cat Beer

Happy Friday (or a solemn Passover, can't believe that it is tangentially related to Strikers...)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/aos_lord/status/1375497126764032005?s=20

We're still doing this huh

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR2KcRMxWyM

keep an eye out for a special guest appearance by literally just tick tock clock

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I heard Will Power for the second time... Persona 5 Strikers owns so much, easy GOTY contender

:agreed:

i get why people have issues with the combat, it doesn't really explain itself well but man it clicked for me. the fact that it is also a full fledged, well written sequel to P5 is a powerful combo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This has only gotten more prevalent.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

New Super Metis posted:

Cheetah has passed the bingo torch onto me, so please prepare your posting credentials for next month. I will be adding more squares so that there's more variety to the cards - feel free to offer suggestions!

As former Bingo Queen, I will not be participating in the competition myself. I will allow you all the chance to compete without my glorious presence overshadowing everyone.

my posting hand is ready

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They already had modal cards all the way back in the Ravnica set but those were sorceries or instants so they immediately went to the graveyard. The two-sided non-transform cards are for permanents that stay on the battlefield

It was cool when double faced cards were used for creatures transforming, and the cards with two related spells were cool and flavorful

This new thing where double sided cards are literally just two cards is... kinda dodgy. Like, for a lot of them, both sides are just good so you're literally getting double value for having those cards in your deck. It feels like even more crazy power creep for power creeps sake

The literal dual lands are cool though, where each side is a basic land, that's a good way to do dual lands

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
At this rate next year there's gonna be a set of triple faced cards

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Now that I am posting regularly that bingo trophy is mine!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Previously on Persona 5 Strikers:

I thought I would revisit crepes and get some extra practice. This time around, a special request from the discord:

*sophia voice* this is the request:

Savory crepe batter had chives and scallion greens mixed in. Sunny side up egg on top of Swiss cheese and then folded into a square for maximum yolk deployment. The other crepe had Chinese doubanjiang (spicy bean paste), Swiss cheese, bacon, and Canadian bacon.

Sweet crepes. I was gonna put Nutella on one of them to get in the "chocolate" zone, but I couldn't find it in the store. One has a honey base and the other a strawberry jam base. Filled with banana, strawberry, mango, whipped cream; topped with same and dusted with powdered sugar.

Felt on-theme to have a Japanese Cat Beer

Happy Friday (or a solemn Passover, can't believe that it is tangentially related to Strikers...)

When is you gonna get a youtube cooking channel for gamers. You could be going viral.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

this, especially is gorgeous

wanna do a jian bing crepe

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
KCB and I finished up Celestia in Wizard101 and we have now moved on to the next world. Finally.

The next world is Africa themed. It is called Zafaria.

This class went missing in the Zafarian savannah and the headmaster wants us to go investigate and rescue the missing students and faculty. Had to meet up with the village's witch doctor to get info on the students.

Some location shots

The Councilors, some important citizens who are described as being petty and causing more wars than they solve, a trio whose bickering means we're locked out of the Savannah until we get their permission to enter.

The librarian

Some misc shots

This horrifying but kinda cute fish (current seasonal/event fish, there are other eggshellfishes but I haven't caught them yet)

Also lol that everyone's too busy worrying about politics to bother letting us go rescue some kids in the savannah

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

\
wanna do a jian bing crepe

I was gonna put in some potato chips to mimic the crunchy filling those have lol but i forgot

Lurdiak posted:

When is you gonna get a youtube cooking channel for gamers. You could be going viral.

That might cut a bit too much into my valuable gaming time lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wow how big is Wizard101...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

got the first credits for the village in mh rise, which im assuming is the end of low rank, no one has told me I'm in high rank yet and these quests don't look very HR but idk there were credits

its a very funny game, the polar opposite of world to the point that its almost a parody. the stakes in the story are probably the lowest theyve ever been in a monster hunter but they still have the fully voiced and animated cutscenes from world in there so its mostly just incredibly detailed videos of people telling you that you're hunting the monsters real good. last scene before the credits the village chief bestows upon you a giant ceremonial sword that hadn't been a thing up to this point but in any other game would be filled with Meaning. then you talk to the guild lady and she's like "what happens next? uh I don't think anything in particular will happen, its just a big sword. chief said he's been looking to get rid of it for awhile"

maybe the story will take a turn in HR but I kind of hope it doesn't

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

My copy of Rise was supposed to arrive on the 26th but according to Fedex, it hasn't even shipped yet.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think my favourite place so far in DS2 is Aldia's Keep.

Walking into that private school looking building, and facing off against Lucatiel's brother, was tough but then to open the big doors and see that incredible Dragon Skeleton with the brightness so high making it seem ethereal.

Plus the terrifying corridor of creepies (which I think I successfully avoided?) was a full on experience.

Once I have done all 3 I need to make myself boss and area tier lists. :hai:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I am here to post one thing today and that is - Yakuza 6 Rips

enjoy some games this weekend peeps - i know i will

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

All Battle.net games have this, even Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered. Outside of that, Hitman 1-3 and Dirt Rally 2.0 have campaign progress tied to a persistent online connection, although do have offline modes.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Watch me and FlowerRhythmRemix get carried by ShallNoiseUpon and Relax or Die:

http://www.twitch.tv/wuggsybogues

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe this is loving real

https://twitter.com/GexFacts/status/1375357799283183617

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I owned a Gex novel.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

wuggles posted:

I owned a Gex novel.

a what

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.amazon.com/Gex-Novelization-Teitelbaum/dp/0816763410

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gex is better than Persona, yeah, checks out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Respex the Gex.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gex is an LGBTQ+ ally.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Yep, that's the one.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oh behave

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The gently caress is a Gex?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Walla posted:

The gently caress is a Gex?

wow, this is worse than that time I went to Don Knotts' house for dinner

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Oh. It's a platformer for 3 systems I never owned 25 years ago. Makes sense.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gex on Fire
Gexual Healing
GexyBack
Gexy And I Know It

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

a Cogex, or possibly Gexicon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
hell yeahh video games are good again

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1375801155180142596?s=20