Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Force the Boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
All those belt road land link countries dicks are hard now.

This strengthens the case for one of the things the US most wants to see not happen. I have no idea what that means to the CIA.

VideoTapir has issued a correction as of 12:12 on Mar 27, 2021

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Chamale posted:

Has anyone found a manifest of what the ship is carrying? I really want it to be, like, a million funkopops. I know it's probably a boring answer like mostly packaged food and electronics.

twoday has issued a correction as of 12:20 on Mar 27, 2021

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I can only understand how big this tragedy is measured in princess diana's

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Gods_Butthole posted:

This isn't CIA hijinks is it? Economic warfare+the seed of a ginned up causus belli? :tinfoil:

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

I don't know how this could possibly get better but I'm here to find out.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

If the boat just needs a nice tug to get released why haven't they called your mother, heard she is good at that

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I cant believe its still stuck lmao

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheMikeChase/status/1375285625566334981

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

slippery doc posted:

you: *through sobs* you cant just say everything is the cia... Please...

me: *pointing at suez canal* CIA

lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AlArabiya_Eng/status/1375798796890832897

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i have full confidence that when the us navy arrives on scene they'll accidentally ram the ship and dislodge it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what an odd coincidence, that's the number I use for the combination on my luggage

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Spoondick posted:

i have full confidence that when the us navy arrives on scene they'll accidentally ram the ship and dislodge it

they'll certainly ram it. dunno about dislodge.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I don’t really get the problem, the Empire State Building isn’t that long, ngl

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

what if we just give up on moving the ship and try stack up the cargo containers to make a space elevator there instead?

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i feel like if we just said it was open season on looting the containers people would have that thing emptied in a day

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
why dont they just make the boat unstuck?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if someone tips it over from a botched rescue attempt, is the canal shallow enough where all the sex-arse-laden sea cans are gonna block traffic even more?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

why dont they just make the boat unstuck?

well they tried but it was too sticky

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i have a plan, but does anyone know if egyptian taco bells have the doritos locos tacos?

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
what if they just dug a new canal next to it and let the boat rot in true late capitalist style

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

RBC posted:

what if they just dug a new canal next to it and let the boat rot in true late capitalist style

this except without digging a new canal, shipping now just takes longer for a bunch of places

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

it’s priced in now

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1375798508943409157?s=19

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

got some dutch masters and we'll smoke it out of the hole

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

heavy tugging

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

CactusWeasle posted:

I can only understand how big this tragedy is measured in princess diana's

0.001 diana-deaths

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

the aqaba canal starts to look promising (israel becomes very nervous), but who will do megaprojects in this day and age

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
We should aim for a kyoto protocol but for blocking shipping planes. All countries should aim to reduce canal blocking to 1 a century if it isn't too incenvenient for anyone

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

dumbass question from someone whose modern seafaring knowledge is totally newbie

couldn't the other cargo ships at the back just maneuver and go around Africa?

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Yes if "just" includes additional 6 days of travel with all associated costs

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

dead gay comedy forums posted:

dumbass question from someone whose modern seafaring knowledge is totally newbie

yes, but global capitalism can’t handle a guaranteed 2 week addition to delivery times without shooting itself in the dick

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

dead gay comedy forums posted:

They are, but I think ships that were already in the canal had to be tugged out cause backing out a few miles could lead to another ship getting stuck as well

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Maya Fey posted:

there are So Many of these

art school graduates working servicedesk jobs posting night drawings to imgur?

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

whose going to play the ship in the movie adaptation?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

thats a little outside my budget for boat cosplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

meanolmrcloud posted:

whose going to play the ship in the movie adaptation?

just make it a big Thomas & Friends special w/ these faces and Ringo Star narrating