Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Why aren't they just unloading as much weight from the goddamn boat to get it to be more floaty?

They should have put bumpers along the sides of the canal to prevent this from happening. Like in bowling alleys to help scrubs like me manage to get a triple digit score in ten frames :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

this is a very easy problem to solve as i have done so many times in Valheim: use the leveling tool instead of the pick

or get a troll to smash the boat

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

dead gay comedy forums posted:

dumbass question from someone whose modern seafaring knowledge is totally newbie

couldn't the other cargo ships at the back just maneuver and go around Africa?

the entire global economy is JIT and adding an additional 10-14 days to shopping routes is a cluster gently caress

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Panfilo posted:

Why aren't they just unloading as much weight from the goddamn boat to get it to be more floaty?

i imagine trying to get one of those giant tower cranes onto a sandbar would not be a good idea, necessarily

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

has anyone just asked it to move nicely? seems like everyone is just escalating the situation without a chance for negotiation

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
What if that's shovelbums ship

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if only there were some working weapons that destroy mass available in the middle east

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
You can't destroy mass

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
did bush lie to me ?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i’ve just received word that salt-n-pepa is indeed here and they suggested the canal authority try “cooling by day then at night working up a sweat” and to “push it real good”

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

You can't destroy mass

just recalibrate some drone sensors from "muslim" to "papist", bing bong you'll be destroying mass all day long

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

oxsnard posted:

the entire global economy is JIT and adding an additional 10-14 days to shopping routes is a cluster gently caress

I am lolling thinking about all those SAP servers making GBS threads themselves because the supply chain is completely hosed.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

oxsnard posted:

the entire global economy is JIT

not anymore, clearly

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/1375849962538434562

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

sum of all of mankind's scientific advancement no match for big boat that got stuck

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

they’re gonna need a really big jar

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Maya Fey posted:

sum of all of mankind's scientific advancement no match for big boat that got stuck

could mankind build a boat so big even it couldn't get it unstuck

worst ever at ping-pong
Jun 11, 2010

The boat should just hearth out

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

oxsnard posted:

yeah, I know that; I am purely curious from the nautical standpoint because I know jack poo poo about that lmao

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

limaCAT posted:

I am lolling thinking about all those SAP servers making GBS threads themselves because the supply chain is completely hosed.

they’ve been making GBS threads themselves for 6 months, this is just an additional wave of diarrhea loving all the procurement/production/sales plans (which were already hosed from suppliers/production/customers/countries behaving in unpredictable ways)

european cable manufacturers are furloughing production despite huge backlogs because they can’t source enough pvc

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Yooooooooooo

Is the boat still stuck?

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Maya Fey posted:

Force the Boat

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

smarxist posted:

just make it a big Thomas & Friends special w/ these faces and Ringo Star narrating

I seem to remember there being a boat version of Thomas the Tank engine on PBS at some point.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
https://twitter.com/tanisthelesbiab/status/1375865381177360385

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

lolol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Evergreen tweet has a new meaning nowadays.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Camera 69? What the gently caress? What is happening? God's just playing jokes with us now.

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
a curious green-coloured blood cell begins to yaw precariously as it traverses the last functioning blood vessel in the presidents doo-doo brain...

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

Gods_Butthole posted:

I seem to remember there being a boat version of Thomas the Tank engine on PBS at some point.

His name is Theodore and he is a Canadian treasure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Tugboat

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://twitter.com/iamasockpuppet/status/1375616195949424642?s=21

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

dead gay comedy forums posted:

for some reason I am still lollin about a friend in Portugal sending me "time to go around africa again, Ó MAR SALGADO QUANTO DO TEU SAL"

Lol . Poor Adamastor , he can't get no peace.

I think the world needs to come together for this, one big tug.

World tug day.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

RULES OF NATURE!

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
https://twitter.com/ponettplus/status/1375675902185594880?s=19

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Gods_Butthole posted:

Camera 69? What the gently caress? What is happening? God's just playing jokes with us now.

the simulation has been breaking down for a while now

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Lol . Poor Adamastor , he can't get no peace.

I think the world needs to come together for this, one big tug.

World tug day.

Every little tug boat in the world is honking it's horn rn, sending energy to the tugenkidama

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

crispyseaweed posted:

His name is Theodore and he is a Canadian treasure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Tugboat

Yes that's the one! Thank you for the trip down nostalgia lane

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Let 'er rip!

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Guys, I've got a great idea.

If we can just instantaneously accelerate the boat to 99.9999% the speed of light along its major axis then we may be able to induce enough length contraction so that the boat would be shorter than the length of the canal. All we need to do this is to master artificial gravity field manipulation.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

is Evergreen a global fifth columnist organization?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

making the mother of all omelettes here jack. cant fret over every egg