Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Reminds me of seeing a documentary about BND/CIA operation rubicon the other day and while they raised some negative points they also flat out interviewed the former CIA director and asked him if the data saved lives lol.

Leopards deny face eating a serious concern etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Completely sums up the UK this

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1375726338015920128?s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Jeez, footage from last night is extremely distressing. Police seem VERY determined to protect those people from covid.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/amphitryoniades/status/1375575902793392131?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this'll get deleted

https://twitter.com/FedGlos/status/1375610964314296321?s=20

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

This Is What The Police Actually Believes

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I like how it acknowledges that the protests have been peaceful, at least until the beatings start.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

glospolfedchair sounds like some obscure soviet insane abbreviation and that it's some police state ghoul defending crushing peaceful protests using it is delicious irony

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

You guys really need to get rid of that crown thing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mortons stork posted:

glospolfedchair sounds like some obscure soviet insane abbreviation and that it's some police state ghoul defending crushing peaceful protests using it is delicious irony

Police Federation is basically the filth union that isn't a union. These were the cunts whining when the Fire Brigade Union attacked the police for battering the crowd at that London violence against women "vigil", demanding solidarity when they have NEVER shown it.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

I’m a sex arse analyst

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

lust bums

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

have there been any comments from any labour mps except the like 10 who aren't poo poo? here is what leader hopeful jess philips has been tweeting about

https://twitter.com/lobjob/status/1375774520133443586?s=20

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It's gonna be funny when she wins the next leadership and Jo Swinson's labour

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

annalise dodds said people should find an alternative way to protest lol

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jose posted:

Well if she wants it to get really violent then good for her. :v:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

It's gonna be funny when she wins the next leadership and Jo Swinson's labour

Did you see her last leadership campaign? She isn't winning poo poo lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Guardian

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i do not believe that philips has the baseline competence and discipline to make a serious run for leader unless the all the non-left factions go all-in for her for some benighted reason

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

im just telling you i have forseen it. a great prophet does not argue with ants

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

oliwan posted:

The Guardian

God, i loathe that loving weasel.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

God, i loathe that loving weasel.

Careful, that's an antisemitic slur

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1375003297778634757?s=20

what a moron lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

V. Illych L. posted:

i do not believe that philips has the baseline competence and discipline to make a serious run for leader unless the all the non-left factions go all-in for her for some benighted reason

similar was said of boris tbf

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I think Jess Phillips will have learned a lot from how thoroughly unprepared she was for the previous campaign and will be much better next time round

The real question is can she get enough support from within the PLP given the bumfight there'll be between Reeves, Nandy & Cooper + whoever is coming from the left

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Jose posted:

yeah they can vote for the labour party which erm broadly supported the bill but didn't think it protected police enough

until some women protesting a murder embarrassed them into reluctantly voting against it obv

even then they have to say it's because it doesn't have harsh enough punishments for the <1% of rapists who will ever be convicted

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

I think Jess Phillips will have learned a lot from how thoroughly unprepared she was for the previous campaign and will be much better next time round

The real question is can she get enough support from within the PLP given the bumfight there'll be between Reeves, Nandy & Cooper + whoever is coming from the left

the thing is she immediately crumbled once the media stopped sucking her dick and actually scrutinised her and I don't think she'll be able to handle it again

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

CoolCab posted:

similar was said of boris tbf

johnson has been groomed to rule since he was a child, and he's *much* better at handling the press than philips. he also knows everyone in charge of the british press and is apparently extremely genial in person, which philips is not. he also needed the brexit chips to fall just right to let him take over

she's good at self-promotion, but she would need serious people to invest in her and i don't believe they relevant interests would go for her over someone more reliable and committed unless they have no other choice

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1375768833496076290

spectacular stuff

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

V. Illych L. posted:

johnson has been groomed to rule since he was a child, and he's *much* better at handling the press than philips. he also knows everyone in charge of the british press and is apparently extremely genial in person, which philips is not. he also needed the brexit chips to fall just right to let him take over

she's good at self-promotion, but she would need serious people to invest in her and i don't believe they relevant interests would go for her over someone more reliable and committed unless they have no other choice

There's definitely a faction within the party who want her as leader but a lot of them got siphoned off by Starmer

Philips has a certain cachet with middle class white feminists as well who like the way she "says it as it is" she does have the advantage that she at least doesn't sound like a blairite robot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:yeshaha:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

totally and utterly alienated from the consequences of their political decisions and views

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
They heroically tried to lock Britain away from the world, but ended up making the ultimate sacrifice.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

MikeCrotch posted:

There's definitely a faction within the party who want her as leader but a lot of them got siphoned off by Starmer

Philips has a certain cachet with middle class white feminists as well who like the way she "says it as it is" she does have the advantage that she at least doesn't sound like a blairite robot

Women members of our local CLP - more than a few would die fighting for Jess 'takes no prisoners' 'tells it like it is' etc Flaps. Babs.

I found the article that is from: https://global247news.com/2021/03/26/tears-flow-for-brits-as-they-head-home-to-avoid-being-deported-as-illegals-in-spain/

I bet these 'under the radar' types also go on about Schrodinger's Refugees and Asylum Seekers in the UK simultaneously taking all our jobs and all our benefits.

quote:

What started out to be a dream life in the sun, has turned into a nightmare for thousands of Brits who didn’t wish to be legally registered as a resident in Spain.

By not being legally registered, Brits until now, have gone under the radar when it came to paying Spanish taxes and other contributions, but Brexit has changed that, now they have to be out of Spain by March 31 when they will be deemed as illegal immigrants and deported anyway as their 90-day legal stay ends.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The drat EU ruining everything again! :argh:

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Send the moai home you loving cunts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

every day this dogshit party give me new reasons to never vote for them

https://twitter.com/aaronbastani/status/1375837544374501383?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Avon and Somerset Police were the ones that tasered their own race relations officer