Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Primal has some issues around the edges, but I definitely enjoyed it more than FC4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Hey I have a dumb problem with steam and my kid really hopes someone can help me.

We use the steamlink app on a samsung tv to stream steam and it works fine.

But, the past few weeks, one game (Retroarch) no longer appears in my library when in Big Picture mode. So we can't play Mario Bros on the TV :(.

I have rebooted, updated, joined Beta, and ensured that while in big picture mode there are no filters applied. I've tried adding the game to my favorites but Big P does not list any favorites.

Otherwise, the game is still in my library and I can see and run it fine locally, just not in Big Picture. What the gently caress.

And yeah I've tried googlin' but other than checking library filters i haven't found anything more about this problem.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Could you try simply removing Retroarch from your library and re-adding it as an external game? It might be that Steam had a hiccup there. I also have Retroarch installed and it works fine in Big Picture Mode as an external, so Steam seems to have no problem with that in principle.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Blattdorf posted:

Square Enix has temporarily removed Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver from Steam in preparation for an important update.
Getting hyped for Blood Omen on steam!

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Cardiovorax posted:

Could you try simply removing Retroarch from your library and re-adding it as an external game? It might be that Steam had a hiccup there. I also have Retroarch installed and it works fine in Big Picture Mode as an external, so Steam seems to have no problem with that in principle.

You mean stop using the steam version of retroarch and instead use the standalone version? I guess I can try that... we play minecraft that way.

The annoying thing is that retroarch used to work just fine in Big P until one day it just stopped appearing .

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

other people posted:

You mean stop using the steam version of retroarch and instead use the standalone version? I guess I can try that... we play minecraft that way.
Yeah, exactly. Maybe the store version is no longer compatible, but they can't exclude an external version as easily.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, exactly. Maybe the store version is no longer compatible, but they can't exclude an external version as easily.

Ohhh, there are games that are not supported in Big P mode? That is lame >:(

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Oh, no, that was just a personal guess. I figured it was worth trying.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Posting about Darkoni as well. I remember he was on my Friend List from the Steam Gifting thread back when I did competitions for Duck themed pictures.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Vasler posted:

Anyone here played Hellpoint? It's 30% off at the moment and looks like some weird techno-dark soulsy game?

hellpoint is decent

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

other people posted:

Hey I have a dumb problem with steam and my kid really hopes someone can help me.

We use the steamlink app on a samsung tv to stream steam and it works fine.

But, the past few weeks, one game (Retroarch) no longer appears in my library when in Big Picture mode. So we can't play Mario Bros on the TV :(.

I have rebooted, updated, joined Beta, and ensured that while in big picture mode there are no filters applied. I've tried adding the game to my favorites but Big P does not list any favorites.

Otherwise, the game is still in my library and I can see and run it fine locally, just not in Big Picture. What the gently caress.

And yeah I've tried googlin' but other than checking library filters i haven't found anything more about this problem.

Does Retroarch still appear if you run Big Picture mode locally? There should be a button to launch into it in the top right corner of your Steam window.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Party Boat posted:

Does Retroarch still appear if you run Big Picture mode locally? There should be a button to launch into it in the top right corner of your Steam window.

Yeah I have steam set to launch into Big P mode since that is all this computer is used for. Regardless of whether I am local or not retroarch does not appear in Big P mode (afaik steam link is just a glorified screen mirror so it makes sense to me that if I can't see something local it won't appear over the link either).

But if locally I drop out of Big P and look at my library then retroarch is right there and it works just fine. Super frustrating.

I'll try asking in their steam forum. I thought this was going to be a common steam issue with a quick fix but apparently I'm the only one.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Yeah that makes sense, my only experience is with the Steam Link hardware so I wasn't sure if the TV app behaved the same way.

I had an issue about a year ago with my Steam Link suddenly launching with games filtered to "remote play optimised" or something but it sounds like you've already checked for that.

As a workaround can you add the retroarch exe as a non Steam shortcut?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Just got a scam team voting request from Melon Degenerate. Not sure who that is on here. :(

EDIT - ^^^^ Yup.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Party Boat posted:

As a workaround can you add the retroarch exe as a non Steam shortcut?
That was my own suggestion as well.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Just got a message from them as well.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Just got a scam team voting request from Melon Degenerate. Not sure who that is on here. :(

EDIT - ^^^^ Yup.

It's Testekill here on SA and I just sent him a PM

How To Recover Your Account

Fart of Presto fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 27, 2021

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Fart of Presto posted:

It's Testekill here on SA and I just sent him a PM

How To Recover Your Account

Oh good. I reported the account as having been compromised as well. Not sure if that does any good, but...

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
So are the people that get got by this scam clicking the links and putting in their Steam credentials, or is there some other exploit I need to worry about? It's by far the most successful phishing scam I've seen in my 10 years on Steam.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Man these guys are gonna have so many forum PMs.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Lester Shy posted:

So are the people that get got by this scam clicking the links and putting in their Steam credentials, or is there some other exploit I need to worry about? It's by far the most successful phishing scam I've seen in my 10 years on Steam.

AFAIK it really is just being sent to a website made to look just like a standard Steam API login.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Never played edf but always thought it looked dope. Grabbed 5 on sale and have been playing it with friends and it owns.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Quite enjoying Primal so far. It's unmistakenly FC but this is the farthest the series has strayed from the formula. So far the more traditional elements, like base captures, are my least favorite parts of the game, but that seems to be a smaller focus here.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Yet another Darkoni scam PM.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Rinkles posted:

Quite enjoying Primal so far. It's unmistakenly FC but this is the farthest the series has strayed from the formula. So far the more traditional elements, like base captures, are my least favorite parts of the game, but that seems to be a smaller focus here.

It has about the same amount of base capturing as 3 or 4, but it ends up being a bit streamlined from a combination of the lower tech level, less interior space to worry about, animal companions doing a lot of the heavy lifting, etc. There are also some mid-late game unlocks that do hilarious things to the difficulty curve.

Edit: The lack of traditional vehicles and the greater emphasis on the environment/survival-lite elements also makes meandering from point to point feel a bit more spontaneous compared to the usual Ubisoft checklisting.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 27, 2021

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Cardiovorax posted:

That was my own suggestion as well.

Doy, missed that you'd posted that :doh: Great minds think alike, right?

If they're fixing Soul Reaver on Steam I hope they take a look at Blood Omen 2 after. It's a poo poo game but the last time I tried to run it it was completely broken. Would have been easier to emulate a console version.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Rinkles posted:

I really like Primal. They use a reconstructed form of Proto Indo-European for the language in the game, it's kinda fascinating how far they went with little details like that. And it's gorgeous, runs well. You can pat animals.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Blood Omen 2 is a strange mess of a game because the series doesn't even acknowledge it as properly ever having happened. Like, it got officially booted from the timeline of the games by being some sort of alternate timeline that got then un-happened as part of the official timeline of the series.

Legacy of Kain is a bit weird due to all the time-travel going on.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Oh, I guess Balan Wonderworld came out yesterday.

...Yeah, it's had about as much of an impact as I'd have expected after that demo.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

MonkeyforaHead posted:

...Yeah, it's had about as much of an impact as I'd have expected after that demo.

https://twitter.com/TomRMarks/status/1375555112635047936

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Amazing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I totally forgot about it until IGN's review editor mentioned they gave out review codes day of launch, delaying anyone from having coverage for a week or so. His verdict after one day: "it sucks, man".

https://twitter.com/TomRMarks/status/1375555112635047936

Edit: lmao

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Is it a parody game? Because otherwise, that sounds stupid as hell.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Ambaire posted:

Is it a parody game? Because otherwise, that sounds stupid as hell.

This is yet another Bad loving Idea from the head of Yuji "Sonic's Papa" Naka and proof we need to stop giving that dude money. Nights Into Dreams was the warning sign!

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Wow it's almost like Yuji Naka is a bad game designer who makes bad games

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Who wants this?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Watching the 20 second video of it was actually pretty funny, I wouldn't want to play it but I'm glad he made it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

END ME SCOOB posted:

I totally forgot about it until IGN's review editor mentioned they gave out review codes day of launch, delaying anyone from having coverage for a week or so. His verdict after one day: "it sucks, man".
Sounds like Square-Enix are very confident in this game!

https://sea.ign.com/news/164232/balan-wonderworlds-next-gen-features-discussed-by-sonic-creator

IGN posted:

For Naka, who joined Square Enix in 2018, Balan Wonderworld will be his first full-scale platform game in quite some time. "I think Square Enix has an RPG image," Naka said, "but I don't think I'd be good at making RPGs." Of course, Naka has made RPGs, such as Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star Online. However, the genre he feels he is most skilled at is still platform games. Therefore, he received permission from the company president to make a full-scale platform game with the condition that it was his "one chance".

https://twitter.com/balanwworld/status/1375399583346524162

Apparently the bug happens during the final boss fight - the world flashes in and out of existance repeatedly, very fast. Several times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

quote:

Of course, Naka has made RPGs, such as Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star Online. However, the genre he feels he is most skilled at is still platform games. Therefore, he received permission from the company president to make a full-scale platform game with the condition that it was his "one chance".

Would you say it was his

Phinal Phantasy