Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The number of FB comments I saw that appeared to be real people and not trolls that commented how the aggrieved was a whiny baby honestly upset me. Like... it’s hundreds of pounds of hosed up pennies. That’s awful! And it happened in part because the owner didn’t want to pay the guy’s last check, so the guy had to bring the courts into it.

I hope the owner’s stupid rear end gets fined waaaaaaay more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Falstaff posted:

Saw this come across my feed. Manager quits after a disagreement with his boss, boss pays him his last paycheck in the least convenient way he can imagine.

https://twitter.com/WNDU/status/1374916698101452801

I know how I'm gonna pay my rent from now on.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Elman posted:

Slather them in some KY so they are really hard to handle.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
https://twitter.com/forealiously/status/1375192669220179976

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Falstaff posted:

Saw this come across my feed. Manager quits after a disagreement with his boss, boss pays him his last paycheck in the least convenient way he can imagine.

https://twitter.com/WNDU/status/1374916698101452801

I thought pennies weren't legal tender, for this very reason

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Amphigory posted:

I thought pennies weren't legal tender, for this very reason

In Denmark a seller only has to accept up to 25 of any one denomination of coin. Which means you can still pay up to about 150$ with just coins.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

courts and other businesses often tell people making "protest payments" like this to go away. conversely, they can also turn the tables and tell them that they will accept it if they sit there for 3 hours while they count every coin

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

That can't be real, no one really thinks like that. Right?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Bill of Right to Speak to Your Manager

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

it was on the back of the new employee training manual

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

But when Google and Facebook learns his habits and likes, that's bad?

Also lol at "church or synagogue". End of list.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zil posted:

That can't be real, no one really thinks like that. Right?

lmao, you've never worked customer service.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Inceltown posted:

lmao, you've never worked customer service.

Oh I have done my time in the retail mines, just have never ran into someone that far up their own rear end. Guess I should be thankful for that.

Granted I did stocking overnight so that's probably why I didn't run into many Karens and Kyles on the evenings and weekends.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
his website rules

quote:

Humorous speaker Charles Marshall is without a doubt one of the funniest and most original professional speakers providing corporate content today. Charles delivers personal development material packaged within a humorous light-hearted program that your crowd will be talking about for years to come.

He is the author of several books including: The Seven Powers of Success, Shattering the Glass Slipper, and I’m Not Crazy But I Might Be A Carrier. He also has produced and performed two full-length comedy videos, Fully Animated and I’m Just Sayin’!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
You really gotta just whip it out and piss on the shoes of anyone with the temerity to hand you this imvho

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I like that it was clearly written in like, 1982, since it's talking about television and newspapers, and churches and synagogues are the only religious buildings socially allowed to be mentioned

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I'd spit in their food

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Shame Boy posted:

I like that it was clearly written in like, 1982, since it's talking about television and newspapers, and churches and synagogues are the only religious buildings socially allowed to be mentioned

its always morning in america to many boomers lead addled brains

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

inferis posted:

he should claim that it was short and make the employer count them to prove it isn’t

He should report their illegal dumping of motor oil.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
"Every time you turn on the television, open a newspaper, or listen to the radio, you see and hear the multitudes of companies competing for my attention."

when was the last time somebody opened a newspaper?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

That insane screed posted:

pay your mortgage

I really wonder who that rear end in a top hat thinks they'd hand this to who has a mortgage instead of renting.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Kreeblah posted:

I really wonder who that rear end in a top hat thinks they'd hand this to who has a mortgage instead of renting.
a guy who reads print media and listens to the radio

they're a boomer

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Or someone living in 1982 like I said.

Even if it were a boomer I'd expect them to at least mention facebook if this were written any time in the last decade.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Homocow posted:

a guy who reads print media and listens to the radio

they're a boomer

for context this was on the back of post office training materials

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Elman posted:

Hey little thing wanna spite your landlord?
'Cause these pennies are sure hard to handle now, on the ground

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

inferis posted:

for context this was on the back of post office training materials

I was wondering why it had an author credit like it was a poem lol

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

"I am not easily fooled."

That is just precious. :allears:

Reminds me of Mike Rowe's job crees thingy.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

when there was only one set of footprints jesus was carrying you to talk to the manager

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Forceholy posted:

"I am not easily fooled."

That is just precious. :allears:

Reminds me of Mike Rowe's job crees thingy.

i am not easily fooled, the keys you're jangling in my face have to be very shiny!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I've never been able to find the images again, but someone once posted cards which a customer handed to them with stuff like

"I am the customer, you will refer to me as sir."

"I don't have to say 'please' because I am the customer. You, however, will say 'thank you' because I am the reason you have a job"

"It's not 'no problem' it's your job"

and a bunch of horrible boomer brained poo poo like that.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I've never been able to find the images again, but someone once posted cards which a customer handed to them with stuff like

"I am the customer, you will refer to me as sir."

"I don't have to say 'please' because I am the customer. You, however, will say 'thank you' because I am the reason you have a job"

"It's not 'no problem' it's your job"

and a bunch of horrible boomer brained poo poo like that.

my boss at my first job, a restaurant was a total proto-chud (well both of my bosses actually) but this one would start up quality rants like "people used to come to this country to be free, now they come here to get free stuff!"

but the one thing he was right about was how much he hated the "customer is always right culture" and it just churns out obnoxious self-entitled Karen's all day who want to try and substitute their side salad for a combination appetizer platter

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

my boss at my first job, a restaurant was a total proto-chud (well both of my bosses actually) but this one would start up quality rants like "people used to come to this country to be free, now they come here to get free stuff!"

but the one thing he was right about was how much he hated the "customer is always right culture" and it just churns out obnoxious self-entitled Karen's all day who want to try and substitute their side salad for a combination appetizer platter

when it comes to this kinda person, I really want to ask them what land was sold for under the Homestead Acts (the feds straight up gave it away for free)

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

it was a particularly inspired ‘80s brain virus to turn the phrase ‘public money’ into ‘my tax dollars’

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

The Nastier Nate posted:

how many amazon PR drones do you think it took to approve this tweet?

also lolling at thinking Elizabeth Warren has any power in the senate

Honestly, I’m pretty scared the mask is coming off and Amazon is openly talking poo poo at government officials.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

skooma512 posted:

Honestly, I’m pretty scared the mask is coming off and Amazon is openly talking poo poo at government officials.

Bezos and Trump running against each other for the GOP nomination in 2024 would be fun

"AMAZON WASHINGTON POST PAYS NO TAXES"

"At least I have a successful business"

And whoever wins, we all die a little faster

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

This reminds me of some ill-conceived post from years ago, likely on Reddit, about how to buy a car like a boss!! It involved emailing all the local dealerships an elaborate questionnaire that would take each dealer hours to complete to pull reports, take custom photos, provide the dealers invoice price, and on and on.

If you have never bought a car, the post might seem like a great plan. Putting the onus on the dealers to win your business? Brilliant!

The only problem is that in reality, salesmen at a dealership don't want to waste time on people that aren't likely to actually pull the trigger on a purchase. Even if you try to call or email in a single specific question about a car, they probably won't bother giving an answer and will instead try to get you to come in person. It's annoying if you just want to confirm a detail, but if you aren't willing to come by in person, you probably aren't that close to pulling the trigger.

It is a wild blind spot where people cannot see things from the businesses perspective. If a dealership that isn't extremely desperate for sales gets some burdensome questionnaire (that is also going to every other dealership in town), they have no reason to believe this person will result in an actual purchase so why waste hours investing in some random high maintenance jabroni? Toss the questionnaire in the trash, or maybe share it with your coworkers for a laugh. Someone else that is actually ready to spend money will probably come by so save your time and resources for them.

People that unironically believe that "the customer is always right" is a reasonable statement and good advice for businesses to follow must never have had to deal with the public. Real boomer brain thinking that business and more specifically people in customer service roles should bend over backwards to win the business of some random pain in the rear end. Even if you are willing to spend money, if you are a hassle to deal with, why should anyone bother with you if there are others ready to spend the same money and not require a bunch of time and resources to play to their ego?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s a novelty because america wasnt supposed to be the one of those countries where businesses make open threats

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

"The customer is always right" was probably always intended as "just give the fucker his discount, it's not worth your time to argue, even if he's obnoxious and wrong" more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

"The customer is always right" was probably always intended as "just give the fucker his discount, it's not worth your time to argue, even if he's obnoxious and wrong" more than anything.

Yeah I'm sure it comes from an era when it just meant "don't argue with them if they wanna buy a stupid thing, they're still buying poo poo". Then it wormed its way into white middle-aged impotent boomer brains as some kind of divine right of total control over staff.