Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

xedo posted:

https://www.gog.com/games?devpub=konami_computer_entertainment_japan_inc&page=1&sort=popularity

MGS 1 and 2 have pc ports at least, though I cannot speak to the quality.

They are absolutely garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rarity posted:

Mk II is the cutest thing in the franchise :3:

mk ii is literally just a snatcher

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, that's Metal Gear Mk II. Snatchers are Terminators.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
MGS 2 and 3 are on the Xbox at least. They’re the best and most replayable ones so I’m glad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/PSIMax1/status/1375956397670739968?s=19

I will be ecstatic if Square is flooding Metacritic with fake positive reviews about their dated baby game that can kill you.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

People: russian bot sare why donald trump became president

Russian bots:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i can't be sure but it looks like that bottom bot is praising croc, if anyone needed more evidence of bad faith reviewing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

NiGHTS is also not really a platforming game

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

NiGHTS is also not really a platforming game

NiGTHS, though...

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
It's ironic because wrestling is totally nerdy. The Undertaker is a literal wizard and the whole spectacle plays out like a D&D campaign

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

SeXReX posted:

They are absolutely garbage

Yeah but how are the ports? :j:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looper posted:

i can't be sure but it looks like that bottom bot is praising croc, if anyone needed more evidence of bad faith reviewing

What, you don't think Croc is great and the second thing you think of when you think "old good platform game"?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man I've got Epstein brain so bad that I noticed the Croc thing and said "I wonder if the bots were fed the word Croc as an approved game" because, you know, you wouldn't want to advertise competitors or anything, so I spent ten minutes trying to find some sort of business relation between Square Enix and Argonaut Games before realizing I was insane and stopped

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Balan Wonderworld is a game that's gonna have a cult following in 25 years of people who have never played it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did they fix the seizure-inducing final boss?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yes they patched it faster than CDPR did theirs

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Balan Wonderworld is a game that's gonna have a cult following in 25 years of people who have never played it

Saw on Twitter someone being chided for being “another Balan hater” so sooner than you think IMO

I’m excited to play P5 Strikers and I’m glad it turned out good.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm thinking about getting P5 Royal right now, but I feel like I should wait for a PC port so I won't need to switch systems when I start Strikers.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
finished yakuza 6 today, definitely one of those "stare pensively out a window with lit cigarette between your fingers" moments

i mainlined 4/5/6 over the last two months and i intend to take a nice long break before i go into judgment and Y7, lest i start mumbling "nani" and "wakata" in my sleep

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

PunkBoy posted:

I'm thinking about getting P5 Royal right now, but I feel like I should wait for a PC port so I won't need to switch systems when I start Strikers.

I think the odds of a P5 port are very low considering they didn't announce it along with P5S

Royal is great though, even if youve played P5 already

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think the odds of a P5 port are very low considering they didn't announce it along with P5S

Royal is great though, even if youve played P5 already

Yeah, that's true. Probably best to get it now.

I'm excited to play!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i hate when you google p5 pc and that fake news joke article pops up saying its coming to epic

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

They made Steins Gate

O like that show, and just bought Robotics Notes game.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the drebin cutscenes are interminable though

Drebin is good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm probably just gonna watch a streamer play P5 Royal, I just want to revisit the story and don't want to play 150 hours or whatever it is to do that

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I make good posts with heat exhaustion

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Gripweed posted:

Drebin is good

Drebin selling naked guns is probably the most subtle reference/joke that Hideo Kojima has ever written and I hate myself for needing it to be pointed out to me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Drebin selling naked guns is probably the most subtle reference/joke that Hideo Kojima has ever written and I hate myself for needing it to be pointed out to me.

Otacon stands for "Otaku Convention," because he loves anime

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Otacon stands for "Otaku Convention," because he loves animeJapanimation

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i wish mgs1 had a remaster that wasn't twin snakes

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Otacon stands for "Otaku Convention," because he loves anime

I know, man! I read the credits. And I’ve been to Otakon. :sweatdrop:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol man I really forgot how much Persona 5 starts with "everyone thinks you're a real piece of poo poo and your parents just shipped you off"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lol man I really forgot how much Persona 5 starts with "everyone thinks you're a real piece of poo poo and your parents just shipped you off"

It's a fun polar opposite to Persona 4, where you're the cool transfer student from the city who everyone wants to be friends with and get to join their club.

I finally got around to playing Royal earlier this year and I really forgot all of that stuff. Also I'm surprised how much I enjoyed replaying P5. The improvements they made in Royal definitely helped.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm going to give Royal a go after 13 Sentinels, which is very good by the way I'm not sure if anyone knew.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Monster Hunter Rise....... is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9qVUY1OdT8

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
now that's how you make an entrance

e: i swear i didn't notice that's the video title

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Why is the dog going "Meow"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why is the dog going "Meow"

He named his dog Cat and his cat Dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

now that's how you make an entrance