Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I played 1+2 in split screen multiplayer on my Xbox in order to unlock an achievement last night and it was running at 30fps and it was basically unplayable. Hope the Switch version is at least smoothed out, even if it ends up being like a blurry 600p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I get some input lag on pc split screen but tbh I actually don't know if thats the games fault or my Bluetooth dongle being poo poo. I would for sure prefer a blurry low res at a higher consistent frame rate. It's actually crazy watching how janky the original games look running at whatever fps they had

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

It's all about Isle of Mann TT 2; imagine the Nurburgring, but about ten times bigger, and loving up kills at least a few people every year.

surely *i* won't be one of the guys who flies off their bike and obliterates every bone in their body against a brick wall

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Isle_of_Man_TT_Mountain_Course_fatalities

said everyone on this list

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

American McGay posted:

I played 1+2 in split screen multiplayer on my Xbox in order to unlock an achievement last night and it was running at 30fps and it was basically unplayable. Hope the Switch version is at least smoothed out, even if it ends up being like a blurry 600p.

:rolleyes:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

It's all about Isle of Mann TT 2; imagine the Nurburgring, but about ten times bigger, and loving up kills at least a few people every year.
That just makes me wish I had a Manx TT arcade machine. Any of the motorcycle games support the Labo controls? :raise:

repiv posted:

surely *i* won't be one of the guys who flies off their bike and obliterates every bone in their body against a brick wall

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Isle_of_Man_TT_Mountain_Course_fatalities

said everyone on this list
Maybe they should've taken a Subaru.

Speaking of rally cars (and indie devs earlier), Rush Rally 3 is supposed to be solid for a rally sim. Originally a mobile game but the dev is from the console space, Codemasters being his most relevant work history. Course there's no official licensing for anything, so you have stuff like Fjords and Impressa STRs, driven by Colon McRay and Sebastian Lube, sponsored by Rear Door and Fallen tires.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Bowser's Fury was p deece for a game that could be started and finished in a day.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Bowser's Fury was p deece for a game that could be started and finished in a day.

It's a solid framework for what the next Mario should be

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

It definitely needs refinement, but is a very interesting concept to start with.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Does Rise have cooch coop?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

lol

GOTY if it does.

EDIT: AFAIK no it doesn’t. You it has local multiplayer but everyone needs their own switch.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I need GBA and DS games on Switch. Will pay.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

The only MonHun that had split screen was Tri and it was a mess to say the least. MH doesn't facilitate itself to that very well limho

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

That's really something you should talk to your partner about in private, rather than strangers on the internet.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's really something you should talk to your partner about in private, rather than strangers on the internet.

Got my Satisfye Grip and my Satisfyer Pro 2 and we are Ready 2 Game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Got my Satisfye Grip and my Satisfyer Pro 2 and we are Ready 2 Game.
I heard the Satisfyer Pro 2 really sucks

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Whats the word on Blacksad? From the reviews it's said to have a great deal of technical issues on the switch but it's been out for a while, has it been patched? I see it's on sale and thinking of dipping in.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Alec Eiffel posted:

I need GBA and DS games on Switch. Will pay.
I need new Rhythm Heaven and Wario Ware compilations.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

japtor posted:

I need new Rhythm Heaven and Wario Ware compilations.

Both are available.......... on the 3DS.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Honestly nintendo should cut the mario crap and give us a big budget Wario Land 5.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Just got a Switch, and I'm finding I use portable mode more than expected. I need to save my poor joints, though, so I'm looking into a couple of options and trying to decide what to get. I'm planning to carry the Switch with me to work to play on my lunch break, so that's a factor to consider, too.

- Satisfye grip + case
- Hori Split Pad Pro (+ case I guess)

Any strong feelings about one over the other? I have an 8bitdo Pro 2 coming next month for things like MH Rise while at home (and to replace my aging 360 controller), so the bonus features like back paddles on the Hori Split aren't as much of a selling point. I guess whichever is more comfortable?

It's ridiculous how many accessories I'm buying for this thing.

I believe there is a clip-on you can get for the 8bitdo that will let you attach the Switch to it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cainer posted:

Whats the word on Blacksad? From the reviews it's said to have a great deal of technical issues on the switch but it's been out for a while, has it been patched? I see it's on sale and thinking of dipping in.
It's bad

Cainer
May 8, 2008

bowmore posted:

It's bad

drat, I'll probably pick it up on another system then.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/gS8QMbI.gifv

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
That's a hell of a gif

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My uncle works at onlyfans and the next version is called onlyfans 128

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Al-Saqr posted:

Honestly nintendo should cut the mario crap and give us a big budget Wario Land 5.

We really are overdue for a new Wario. Hell, since Nintendo's already got nearly all of their big reps on the Switch, seems timely to give their secondary franchises a go. gently caress, since Mario Kart 8 still has legs, just give us a new F-Zero for your next racing game!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

No, that'd result in an AO rating.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Oldie but a goodie

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
2 controllers, 1 socket

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We really are overdue for a new Wario. Hell, since Nintendo's already got nearly all of their big reps on the Switch, seems timely to give their secondary franchises a go. gently caress, since Mario Kart 8 still has legs, just give us a new F-Zero for your next racing game!

Wario Kart.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

waluigi's mansion plz

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waluigi isn’t canon.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Where's Watoad

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Captain Wario: Treasure Stealer

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Waluigi isn’t canon.

You're not canon. :colbert:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Waluigi isn’t canon.

got your canon right here

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

waluigi dlc for monster hunter rise when

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Waluigi/Quiet MGSV model swap when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

JordanKai posted:

Wario Kart.

Wario Wart, a team up a Wario and Wart, 2 Mario villains that have not been since in some time. I guess they team up to defeat Waluigi