Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

Thread is just jealous about what a legendary shagger Boris is imo.

Tfw boris has had more sex than the top 5 posters itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

not sure about how that would work in ireland

idk laughing during sex is p nice

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Namtab posted:

Tfw boris has had sex with the top 5 posters itt

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Time for a little slap and Pfeffel

E: Pfeffellatio

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I keep saying the english are a degraded people, literal cucks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Angepain posted:

I'm not that convinced that gaming the system for more independence seats is going to do much in terms of the indyref. Even assuming there is literally anything capable of shaming Boris into giving people what they want, if there's a lot of pro-indy seats and not a majority (or even a small majority) of actual voters for pro-indy parties then they're just going to use the vote numbers to argue against it. and if there is a majority voting for pro-indy parties then there's set to be a comfortable majority of pro-indy seats anyway from the projections i can find.

that said, if you're proposing it just for "less tory msps" reasons then that would work, i guess there may be questions of illegitimacy but i don't know if it's even something that can be measured - how many green list voters are voting tactically? hard to say. I don't think a whole lot, personally, but that's just my idle reckoning and not actual facts. definitely more plausible deniability for the tactical green voters than for the tactical voters for "Hello, I Am Alex Salmond And Am Literally Asking You To Game The System"

anyway the real reason to vote green in the list is because they're pretty good. they're pretty decent. i'm actually voting green in the constituency because one's standing and the first two are SNP and Labour and I do not care which of those gets one less list seat, your local tactics situation may vary

Yeah, I think people should vote Green as the only party in Holyrood supporting an independent republic, and generally the best policies and MSPs by a country mile. But if I have to offer SNP voters a spoonful of sugar to take the medicine then I will.

As for how many Green voters are lending their vote them from the Nats? I mean, in 2016 the Nats got 106,311 fewer on the list than the constituency, the Greens got 150,426 on the list, from 86,939 in 2011. Now I'm no John Curtice but I reckon at least a lot of those are from the Nats.

Vote Scottish Green regardless

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Comrade Fakename posted:

You only go for M&S for your bits, only a madman does a full shop there.

Mind you, it's worth noting In These Times that they're partnered with Ocado for online now, where you can indeed do your full shop if you hate money :sun:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

feedmegin posted:

Mind you, it's worth noting In These Times that they're partnered with Ocado for online now, where you can indeed do your full shop if you hate money :sun:

If anyone hates money, I'm willing to take one for the team and take it off your hands ;)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

England is the least sexy country in the world. Whatever other virtues they may have, every accent, fashion, name and slang is focused on making the bearer as unsexy as possible with absolute laser precision. If England was a person it would be Nigel Thornberry.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

England is the least sexy country in the world. Whatever other virtues they may have, every accent, fashion, name and slang is focused on making the bearer as unsexy as possible with absolute laser precision. If England was a person it would be Nigel Thornberry.

Wait, you wouldn't gently caress Nige???

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Brand new podsode out for your delectation or abhorrence as we finally do the dreaded ScotPol:

https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1376502366363602948?s=20

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Namtab posted:

Tfw boris has had more sex than the top 5 posters itt

boris johnson fucks

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Boris Johnson calls it "knocking boots"

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Boris Johnson calls it "knocking boots"

just had some decent costco sushi... i can feel it tremble and fall through my stomach

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

Time for a little slap and Pfeffel

E: Pfeffellatio

:golfclap:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Junior G-man posted:

Brand new podsode out for your delectation or abhorrence as we finally do the dreaded ScotPol:

Was anyone able to say Alba properly?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Aphex- posted:

Wait, you wouldn't gently caress Nige???

Just lmao if you're a bloke who hasn't shouted "SMASHING!" like Nigel Thornberry whilst firing your muck

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
at what point does the mispronunciation of Alba just become the name of the party

like if I go around the country telling people to vote for my Scotland Party and pronounce it "Scurrrtleeend" isn't that just the name of the party now

and if both are right does that mean we can just choose any pronunciation for a proper name and have it be fine

can't wait to see how many people vote for the Elbow Party

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You picked about the worst possible example because Nigel Thornberry is A: voiced by Tim Curry, and secondly, so fun he basically carries an otherwise mediocre show on his back.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
yeah people like nigel thornberry, and the writers more or less had to make him jesus christ but for animals in order to overcome the innate tramua the rest of the planet has with that accent. he'd be a green party candidate here.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
like, imagine someone with nigel thornberry's accent and boris johnson's body, politics and history, and you have boris johnson

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Angepain posted:

at what point does the mispronunciation of Alba just become the name of the party

like if I go around the country telling people to vote for my Scotland Party and pronounce it "Scurrrtleeend" isn't that just the name of the party now

and if both are right does that mean we can just choose any pronunciation for a proper name and have it be fine

can't wait to see how many people vote for the Elbow Party

I will never ever vote for a party that reminds me of Guy Garvey's poo poo band.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

I will never ever vote for a party that reminds me of Guy Garvey's poo poo band.

Grounds For Divorce would be a good Scot Independence anthem though

Or: Over and Done With by the Proclaimers

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Junior G-man posted:

Thanks, for some reason ScotPol is what tempted me to give the podcast a try

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I did not know who Nigel Thornberry was and assumed op was trying to evoke a combination of Nigel Farage and Emily Thornberry.

But half the thread has a crush on drunken aunty Em so that doesn't compute either.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Eararaldor posted:

I really want to hear more about this! Are you allowed to elaborate?

I teach kids Computer Science and I sometimes give them stories of working in the Games Industry as many that opt into the subject as aspiring Game developers. Hell one of my starters was dedicated to project management and could not resist mentioning Star Citizen.

You don't have PMs and it's way too much to write here in the UK politics thread! Ping me on discord or something: Mebhin #3013

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
No covid deaths today in london today. Only the second time this year. Also the sun is out which is making me cheerful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56494521

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Ash Crimson posted:

boris johnson fucks

Can't compete against someone that has hosed the whole country.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Is there a non cpgb ukmt on SA?

Asking for a friend, natch

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You want the UK politics reddit.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960766

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Zero Gravitas posted:

Is there a non cpgb ukmt on SA?

Asking for a friend, natch

Yes, it's this thread. CPGB, a party that hasn't existed in 30 years, does not have much support here. Hope that helps OP

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

forkboy84 posted:

Was anyone able to say Alba properly?

Yeah, me, if by properly you mean phonetically :colbert:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Yeah, me, if by properly you mean phonetically :colbert:

I mean by pronouncing the invisible a in the middle of the world because Gaelic exists to be as hard to pronounce for English speakers as possible. Allegedly.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I used to have an Alba cd walkman. it was crap

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why's everyone on Twitter arguing about whether Claudia Webbe is a Labour MP despite losing the whip all of a sudden?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

OwlFancier posted:

You want the UK politics reddit.
Wasn't ZG a mod on there, before coming back to troll us in order to symbolically kill their past self or some poo poo?

Guessing reddit didn't work out for them

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Borrovan posted:

Wasn't ZG a mod on there, before coming back to troll us in order to symbolically kill their past self or some poo poo?

Guessing reddit didn't work out for them

Shame, that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Never liked the show much but Tim Curry is the highlight of basically anything he's in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-vVOHNZDP4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

"not a cpgb thread"

:ughh: