Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blowjob Overtime posted:

So I should be happy my car ended up getting totaled out instead of having a Geico dictate sub-par repairs?

Yes! very much so!

Their corners being cut aren't things that you would notice right away and they're just banking on you never figuring it out. Taping/masking instead of removing items, burning clear in the sail on barnd new cars, outright refusing to pay body shops to blend adjacent panels OR give them extra time to tint paint to make it work, which is loving insane.

edit: I realized nobody knows what "burn in the sail" means so here's an example of their cost-cutting. If you paint a car, you need to put the clear coat back to body lines. This prevents the clear coat from breaking down and peeling back with UV exposure. If you've ever seen a car with clear coat damage in the quarter panel, it's usually from this. You can do this in older cars because it takes 5-6 years for this to break down, and you usually have a conversation with the customer about it because it usually is a cut corner to keep the car from getting totalled. Geico will do it on brand new cars.

If you get damage on red, you need to put clear coat aallllll the way through blue. Geico, in my experience, unversally stops it at yellow:

Another fun thing they do is just try to deny that extra work is needed for three-stage paint

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I love USAA. I use them for car, motorcycle and homeowner's

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

D-LINK posted:

I love USAA. I use them for car, motorcycle and homeowner's

They're doing motorcycles again?

They quit doing it about 20 years ago, and started referring everyone to Progressive.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Blowjob Overtime posted:

So I should be happy my car ended up getting totaled out instead of having a Geico dictate sub-par repairs?

MN went to their Tier 1c or 2 or whatever that expanded eligibility recently enough that it is still incredibly difficult to get a vaccination within the Twin Cities. Despite that, tomorrow it's open to any 16+. That makes me think this is just the government saying gently caress it, people are lying and finding ways to get vaccinated anyway, it's just a free-for-all now.

Yeah, judging by how many people are just deciding to act like the pandemic is over, they’re just trying to get as many people vaccinated as possible because otherwise it’s just going to spike again.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hell, I thought my insurance was high at $1150 or so for six months. But from what I hear Louisiana has some of the highest car insurance rates in the country because of our horrible drivers.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Silly Burrito posted:

Hell, I thought my insurance was high at $1150 or so for six months. But from what I hear Louisiana has some of the highest car insurance rates in the country because of our horrible drivers.

Since I have direct knowledge of this I can give you an example. Farm Bureau of LA I was spending 186 a month on two vehicles, same two vehicles is 126 a month with Farm Bureau of Kentucky.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SundayMoney posted:

Since I have direct knowledge of this I can give you an example. Farm Bureau of LA I was spending 186 a month on two vehicles, same two vehicles is 126 a month with Farm Bureau of Kentucky.

Sounds perfectly plausible to me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Jesus, that's what I pay for 6 months for 2 cars, why the hell is your insurance so high?

It’s like $250/mo with USAA. No idea why Amica put it at that. This was for a 2021 Audi Q3.

I’ve had one not at fault accident 3 years ago and aside from that nothing else no tickets or anything. The only other negative would be the gap but idk if Amica was factoring that in because it didn’t break down with the web quote.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1376315364359950341?s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I saw that before but didn't notice the comment and the preview image really making you expect something else.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought I was about to watch someone poo poo their pants

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

That poo poo hits some weird uncanny valley nerve center in my brain. So good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
when he does the spin around wiggly armed thing I thought it was time to launch EVA unit 0

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I love this dog so much.

the cone makes it look like she has a dunce cap on lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

when he does the spin around wiggly armed thing I thought it was time to launch EVA unit 0

Lmao

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
And all of a sudden my wife is scheduled for a vaccine appointment tomorrow. It's one of the two dose ones but I'm not sure which. Just like that we're one step closer to the other side of this thing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Odelay

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ehud posted:

I love this dog so much.

the cone makes it look like she has a dunce cap on lol

This is a good dog.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bird in a Blender posted:

This is a good dog.

:hmmyes:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Spoeank posted:

holy poo poo lol

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Logitech supremecy.

I say this mostly cause I have big hands and I rest my ring finger on my mouse, and razer doesn't have a border so I kept accidently right clicking.

My current mouse. A+

What's up same mouse buddy

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s like $250/mo with USAA. No idea why Amica put it at that. This was for a 2021 Audi Q3.

I’ve had one not at fault accident 3 years ago and aside from that nothing else no tickets or anything. The only other negative would be the gap but idk if Amica was factoring that in because it didn’t break down with the web quote.

No idea how much you're driving these days, but switching to usage-based auto insurance saved me about $1000/year on premiums.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m not sure this leaves a box unchecked, for me

https://twitter.com/thefilmupdates/status/1376573184518983686?s=21

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

No idea how much you're driving these days, but switching to usage-based auto insurance saved me about $1000/year on premiums.

It’s a minimal amount. Looking at lease terms at 10k a year and I highly doubt I’ll hit that.

Who does usage based? I’ve never heard of that, is that a standard thing?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you can report mileage to state farm but i don't think it does anything

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

GD_American posted:

They're doing motorcycles again?

They quit doing it about 20 years ago, and started referring everyone to Progressive.

I had to look, but it turns out you're correct! My bikes are insured thru Geico.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

GD_American posted:

That's why I'm still with them; but they used to be super super good.

Essentially, they were both cheaper and better than competitors. They're no longer cheaper; now it's more like paying for a premium product.

Their financial side is uncompetitive. I've always been able to beat their loan rates somewhere else.

USAA was the cheaper option?! I've had it since I was a teen and it was always known as more expensive then other places but you were always paying for the quality.

I've heard less nice things about their banking/home loan side but automotive has always be five stars from experience and word of mouth.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Logitech supremecy.

I say this mostly cause I have big hands and I rest my ring finger on my mouse, and razer doesn't have a border so I kept accidently right clicking.

My current mouse. A+

What model is this?

What’s the holy grail of mouse (gaming+ergonomics)... can it exist?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
For the folks familiar with usage based insurance, is an overage retroactively billed and protected or does your protection lapse if you, say, project/apply for 10,000 miles a year and get into an accident driving your 10,050th mile in that year?

Is it a cost only thing?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Its Rinaldo posted:

USAA was the cheaper option?! I've had it since I was a teen and it was always known as more expensive then other places but you were always paying for the quality.

I've heard less nice things about their banking/home loan side but automotive has always be five stars from experience and word of mouth.

That's weird, because as a teen they were way cheaper than other options, although I think my father being a member for decades might have shielded me there. That was also the early 90s.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What model is this?

That's a G5 series.

And your answer is...infinitely complicated depending on what you do with a mouse. Like how many buttons do you need do you need a couple for scrolling internet or dozens for sweaty mmo play

GD_American posted:

That's weird, because as a teen they were way cheaper than other options, although I think my father being a member for decades might have shielded me there. That was also the early 90s.

Maybe it was the family/adult totals made up for it now that you mention it my teen driver add on wasn't that high if I recall.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

What model is this?

logitech g502

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I have been with state farm since forever and pay $150/mo for two vehicles, but I also have home and an umbrella with them too, so I'm living that bundle and save life I guess.

I've had two claims in the past decade and never had any issues getting paid.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I have the free window replacement with Progressive and I have yet to get them to actually replace a window for free. The first time a mailbox murdered my driver side window when I slid into it in a snow storm and they said “collisions don’t count” and the second time a dump truck threw a rock at my windshield on the freeway and put a tiny chip at the bottom which immediately cracked across the entire windshield when I turned on my defroster the next morning. They said “chips and cracks larger than a quarter don’t count”

After actually reading the policy it’s basically only worth it for comprehensive coverage if you live in an area where people walk up to your car and throw bricks through your windows for fun or whatever.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

What model is this?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
My man SunWong bringing the heat eat poo poo lesser houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc-aajKMEko

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

What model is this?

Your question made me look up the last mouse I really loved, and will probably end up with me spending >$100 on a mouse. I loved my MX1000 because it felt like someone had designed a mouse specifically to work with my hand. For the first time in years I'm looking at the mouse I use 7 days a week and realizing it's a medium when I need a large.

For reference:

Now if you need me, I'll be taking a sip of this water and looking up how much an equivalent mouse costs today.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fellas I gotta put 85 miles on this thing before I turn it back into my company.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s a minimal amount. Looking at lease terms at 10k a year and I highly doubt I’ll hit that.

Who does usage based? I’ve never heard of that, is that a standard thing?

Most national carriers are offering it. I've seen ads for Liberty Mutual/Safeco, Progressive, Allstate, MetroMile (I think they started the usage-based trend), and Nationwide.

Amy Pole Her posted:

For the folks familiar with usage based insurance, is an overage retroactively billed and protected or does your protection lapse if you, say, project/apply for 10,000 miles a year and get into an accident driving your 10,050th mile in that year?

Is it a cost only thing?

It's cost only. You have coverage regardless of the mileage driven. You tell the carrier your annual mileage which sets your base rate and expected miles driven per day. Any overages are charged at a slightly higher rate (pretty sure it's higher but I haven't verified) and capped at a certain amount. So if you go on a road trip you're not paying unlimited miles at a higher rate.

e: I figured I better add that you can adjust your estimated mileage during the term. You're not SOL if the pandemic ends and you have to commute versus WFH for example.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Getting my first shot on Friday, I think it’s Moderna, but not sure.