Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

Snyder's dream project is a movie adaptation of the issue where Dr. Doom is sad about 9/11.

Oh god I can totally imagine a slow motion panning shot of that panel with Leonard Cohen music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Lurdiak posted:

Oh god I can totally imagine a slow motion panning shot of that panel with Leonard Cohen music.

Dream bigger, it’ll just be “Hallelujah” for the billionth time as Spidey helps those firefighters raise the flag in slo-mo, Namor helps wash dust off of survivors, and a single tear rolls down Doom’s mask.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The Superman yell at the beginning of his Justice League was Zack auditioning for Inhumans.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Whatever happened to that Spawn film that was supposed to star Jamie Foxx and Jeremy Renner?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

Whatever happened to that Spawn film that was supposed to star Jamie Foxx and Jeremy Renner?

Todd McFarland is a huge loving liar is what happened.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
As a fan of the Suicide Squad comics the Suicide Squad cartoon movie was probably the best movie version of the squad (until Gunn's movie comes out). But I do love Escape from Arkham as far as recent animated movies go.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Davros1 posted:

Rhyno posted:

The death of the Jeremy Renner App doomed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkkEKejPc0Q

site posted:

zack snyder's...uhh.uhh.. moon girl and devil dinosaur
Does Marvel have any talking owls or owl-themed superheroes? He loves those.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I hope Marvel hires Zack Snyder.

"Okay Zack so you don't need to worry about the action sequences as they've already been pre-vizzed and are ready to... Zack? Hello? Hello?"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The United States posted:

Does Marvel have any talking owls or owl-themed superheroes? He loves those.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pretty sure Snyder's dream project is a film adaptation of Spider-Man: One More Day

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Even the right color pallette

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
You know what, I'd be there Day-loving-One for Zack Snyder's Spider-Man: Reign.

God I love that dumb loving comic.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Give Zack Snyder Marvels. It's epic in scope, Alex Ross's art highlights the contrast of superheroes being living gods with feet of clay, and the whole concept could never work as any kind of movie Marvel would ever okay, so it'd inevitably be an endless battle between Snyder and the studio until he ultimately gets pushed out and a hastily cut together blockbuster version gets dumped into theaters.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Arist posted:

There's a definite air in the more toxic side of that fandom of claimed superiority to the MCU. It's not a loyalty to WB thing. It doesn't really matter though, I just don't think he'd be a good fit for a cavalcade of reasons.

Yeah, actually this. There's these DCEU weirdos that are always mad at any MCU news on Twitter. Or proclaim MCU are for babies and low IQ people and so on. It's the type of people that deserve to get laughed at.

But anyways, I would love to see how would they react if Snyder is snatched by Marvel and given the reigns for a movie. Although he would be more fit for R rated stuff, IF Disney ever dares to make rated superhero movies aside from Deadpool.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
MARVELS is exactly the sort of thing Disney would want to make as a 4-8 episode prestige series, though it would make sense for them not to do it until they hash out the relationship between mutants and the MCU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Precambrian posted:

Give Zack Snyder Marvels. Marville

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The clear choice for Snyder in Marvel would actually be Earth X.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
snyder would be the exact wrong person to adapt busieks marvels so im guessing that will happen now

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Wait I thought of a better one.

Trouble. Zack Snyder's Trouble.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jamesman posted:

:mods:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Nah for this you get the Riverdale show runner.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

AngryBooch posted:

I saw tiny little rumblings that the people who've seen Eternals (I guess producers and execs at this point) have been completely blown away by how good it is. I'll believe it when I see it of course.

I'm sure it'll be great. The question is whether it'll be "make me care about the Eternals" great.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Zack Snyder’s Terror Inc.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Desperado Bones posted:

Yeah, actually this. There's these DCEU weirdos that are always mad at any MCU news on Twitter. Or proclaim MCU are for babies and low IQ people and so on. It's the type of people that deserve to get laughed at.

But anyways, I would love to see how would they react if Snyder is snatched by Marvel and given the reigns for a movie. Although he would be more fit for R rated stuff, IF Disney ever dares to make rated superhero movies aside from Deadpool.

I dont think anyone would care about him directing a Marvel movie negatively, unless they force him into the generic house style which is defeating the purpose, and would just be a Josstuce League 2.0.

I'd love to see him do some epic space stuff or even some cosmic Fantastic Four type stuff when Reed is actually fixing the universe and messing with Celestials and stuff because he does the beautiful imagery associated with it.

But Marvel...er...does not allow their movies to look very interesting except for 3 minutes of Ragnarok so it would probably be pointless.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A talking coyote posted:

Isn’t Jesus an actual person in marvel comics? I want to say he comes up in Thor or Hercules?

Just let him do that and get it all out of his system.

Jesus snaps the neck of Pontius Pilate, but he feels really sad about it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think that Snyder should do a TV show that's basically a space western, and it gets 3 seasons and a trilogy of movies to finish the story.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Precambrian posted:

Give Zack Snyder Marvels. It's epic in scope, Alex Ross's art highlights the contrast of superheroes being living gods with feet of clay, and the whole concept could never work as any kind of movie Marvel would ever okay, so it'd inevitably be an endless battle between Snyder and the studio until he ultimately gets pushed out and a hastily cut together blockbuster version gets dumped into theaters.

He'd probably be more interested in Ruins

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

The United States posted:

MARVELS is exactly the sort of thing Disney would want to make as a 4-8 episode prestige series, though it would make sense for them not to do it until they hash out the relationship between mutants and the MCU

You could never do it because the scale of Marvels needs basically every one of your characters in there. Gotta have your Fantastic Four actors, your X-Men actors, your Avengers actors, gotta bring in everybody for a probably short appearance. Which means you've got an absolutely ballooning cost for very little gain. It's fine in a book where you pay the artist the same rate to draw Iron Man on one page and Captain America the next, but in Film/TV, particularly with each superhero being a potential blockbuster film star, those could be a big chunk of your budget meeting the biggest source of headaches in negotiating with those actors.

Plus, the MCU is hitting the timeline issue where it starts with WW2, then it kind of skips to the 90s for Captain Marvel, then basically everything else happened in the Obama and Trump administrations. In a single decade, Americans discovered that aliens were real when they invaded New York and were repulsed by the Illuminati, there were Congressional hearings on how Nazis almost took over that Illuminati and their flying death fortresses, and it turned out that the United States isn't the world's technological/military superpower—it's actually a country in Africa you couldn't place on a map. Then half the world died. Marvels got to space that poo poo out over 50 years, wholly aware that every comic from then on out would disregard what happened in the 50s and 60s to make it fit that Mr. Fantastic is permanently in his 40s.

Davros1 posted:

He'd probably be more interested in Ruins

Nah, Snyder loves huge, bombastic sweeps of destruction, like (for good and for ill) Superman drowning in a literal ocean of skulls, and Marvels does stuff like New York being smashed by a tidal wave. Ruins is all personal misery and hopelessness.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would unironically like to see what someone like Snyder could do in adapting an abomination like Marville

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think you mean the eternal presidency of President-Emperor Matthew Ellis.

Edit: In Iron Man 3, Ellis is president during Christmas 2012. Killian's plan is totally useless if he's the departing president, so we have to assume he has won re-election.

He is still president in 2017.

The 2017 comes from AoS though. Luke Cage and Runaways mention the Obama and Trump presidencies, and Hillary's run, but those count even less than AoS.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 29, 2021

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
No, don't bring Snyder into the MCU.

Or, like, let him do Marvel Zombies. He's got the prior experience and it'll be a standalone What If?-style movie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Zack Snyder's Squadron Supreme

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Michael Jai White posted:

"[Todd McFarlane’s] been trying to get a new movie up and going for 23 years so I don’t know. [Laughs] The last time I saw him, he was telling me about his idea of Spawn being ethereal fog that you don’t see, like Jaws, and he strikes and you never see him and I’m like ‘Okay, good luck with that!’ Personally, I wish him well, that would be a major investment."

That sounds amazing. What if Spawn with no Spawn.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Nobody's going to fund a Spawn movie decades after anyone even slightly cared about that character. If McFarlane wants to make one he'll probably have to fund it himself

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

That sounds amazing. What if Spawn with no Spawn.

Yeah, IIRC the current description McFarlane has given for his Spawn movie (that he is both writing and directing) is that it is basically a Sam and Twitch story with Spawn appearing as a minor character. Which sounds... bad.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Nobody's going to fund a Spawn movie decades after anyone even slightly cared about that character. If McFarlane wants to make one he'll probably have to fund it himself

He'd have to sell his collectible baseballs to afford that though so it'll never happen.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Snyder ain't going to Marvel, he made it openly clear he hated and refused to even watch the Whedon JL, and sure it sucked but Marvel has been burned a few timer on hiring "I work alone" type iconoclasts. He should go to Blumhouse and start directing highbrow horror stuff with plenty of slowed mo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

He'd have to sell his collectible baseballs to afford that though so it'll never happen.

Maybe a few tons of hockey cards he wouldn't miss.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

theironjef posted:

Marvel has been burned a few timer on hiring "I work alone" type iconoclasts.

Have they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

A Bloodshot movie got made, so anything's possible