Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Anonymous Robot posted:

One funny thing in a review was that the reviewer was complaining that henchmen had dynamic character traits, but were expended when being sent on missions.

No dude, they don’t have traits because you’re supposed to be growing these characters, it’s so you know your man has a German shepherd and likes to play the xylophone when you send him into an active volcano.

That review was like drunken rambling. Here's a quote:

quote:

Even though the quality of life parts that are here, they are almost so gigantic that it feels like the quality of life is the game itself.

What the gently caress does that mean? They also complain about the minions leaving forever and the same problem being in the original game, which is wrong, so I think they phoned that one in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

We have a very excellent dental plan.

(It’s gives us an excuse to put the remote cyanide termination device in your mouth)

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm really not trusting pre-release reviews on this one, a lot of reviewers need to pump out a review ASAP with only superficial experience with the game

i expect a game which is mostly copied from the original, with some modern QOL improvements and not much more than that. and really that's all i want

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

RadicalR posted:

Strong Mouse, please report to the thread. Your account has been compromised.

I PM'd him when the account messaged me. He hasn't posted on SA in a little bit. :(

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

"we're done updating terraria" they said, last year

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/105600/view/3016822694908006251

quote:

Greetings, Terrarians... and happy Terraria 1.4.2/Steam Workshop Support launch day!

That's right - at long last, we are able to provide an easy-to-use system and location for Terrarians everywhere to showcase their creative energies in all new ways. Starting today, everyone will be able to create, upload, share, download, and play a variety of types of game modifications within the vanilla Terraria game. Let's break down the new toys at your disposal!

NEW WAYS TO MODIFY THE CORE TERRARIA EXPERIENCE

WORLD UPLOADS

Have a really cool map that you want to share? The best Terraria golf course ever? Maybe an epic adventure map that would blow peoples' minds? This is your chance to share it with the world!

RESOURCE PACKS

Change how Terraria looks, sounds, and reads with custom Packs that can alter various aspects of the game. Resource Packs and alter one, two, or all three of the content types below:

Texture Packs

What if the Zenith were a giant banana? That doesn't sound too apeeling to us, but maybe its your thing - this is your chance to change up one, two, or maybe even all of the sprites in Terraria!

Music Packs

Want to change things up with the in-game soundtrack? Import your custom tunes via this very cool-sounding feature.

Language Packs

Feel like you could make a better translation - or a new one? Want to write your own custom dialogue for the NPCs? This is your lucky day!

Of course, if you want to take your modifications even further, impacting the core gameplay itself, you can take Terraria modding to the next level with the already-available tModLoader:

NOTE: TMODLOADER IS STILL RUNNING ON THE 1.3.5 VERSION OF TERRARIA. THE TML TEAM IS HARD AT WORK GETTING TMODLOADER UP TO THE 1.4 ERA. STAY TUNED FOR MORE ON THAT IN THE FUTURE!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty posted:

I PM'd him when the account messaged me. He hasn't posted on SA in a little bit. :(

The bot did not like me giving it poo poo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zesty posted:

The bot did not like me giving it poo poo.

The bots always block people, so they can’t alert the actual account holder that their account is compromised.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Cyberpunk wants 383GB to install the 1.12 to 1.2 patch from GoG. Guess I'll wait until they just release a full 1.2 install cause gently caress moving around or deleting poo poo for a game I haven't played in months.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

i'm really not trusting pre-release reviews on this one, a lot of reviewers need to pump out a review ASAP with only superficial experience with the game

i expect a game which is mostly copied from the original, with some modern QOL improvements and not much more than that. and really that's all i want
:same:
Honestly the BIGGEST thing I wanted from the first game was more/different islands bases.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Phuzun posted:

Cyberpunk wants 383GB to install the 1.12 to 1.2 patch from GoG. Guess I'll wait until they just release a full 1.2 install cause gently caress moving around or deleting poo poo for a game I haven't played in months.

It wants 383 GB to install the patch? That's like 6 times the size of my entire install (~61 GB as of v1.2). Are you sure that's not 38.3 GB? That sounds insane.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That is amazing. I haven’t played in a long time but the support they’ve given this game is beyond outstanding.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It wants 383 GB to install the patch? That's like 6 times the size of my entire install (~61 GB as of v1.2). Are you sure that's not 38.3 GB? That sounds insane.

I just installed the patch on a disc with 98 free GB, it’s gotta be a typo.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yes, I've got 150GB free on that drive.

Phuzun fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 30, 2021

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

missing a decimal maybe? the patch is "only" supposed to be 30-something gigs, so unless they're trying to install that alongside 5 extra copies of the game, I don't know what's going on there

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Galaga Galaxian posted:

We have a very excellent dental plan.

(It’s gives us an excuse to put the remote cyanide termination device in your mouth)
Better than the FBI's.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ainsley McTree posted:

missing a decimal maybe? the patch is "only" supposed to be 30-something gigs, so unless they're trying to install that alongside 5 extra copies of the game, I don't know what's going on there
I think it's an unpacking issue because there are multiple people reporting that it's 380+ gig on the GOG forums.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, technical problems with cyberpunk. who could have predicted such a thing.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
If you still have the game installed you deserve what you get

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fun Times! posted:

If you still have the game installed you deserve what you get

An enjoyable but flawed experience?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh no, technical problems with cyberpunk. who could have predicted such a thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone know what time Evil Genius 2 actually releases?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone know what time Evil Genius 2 actually releases?

When will Evil Genius 2: World Domination be released?

Tuesday 30 March, 4pm BST (8am Pacific, 11am Eastern, 5pm CET)

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

As they say,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odg6GyDWclM&t=29s

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zomborgon posted:

Ironically, this curator has not commented on Subverse.

Nep Review did, though, giving it a "Nep Nep Nep Nep Nep!"

I am certainly using this system as intended.

Which Nep reviewer though? Its a gimmick so nice it was done twice

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Well, you can buy Kingdom Hearts for the PC now. On Epic

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Muse Dash devs are going bankrupt. There's going to be a big sale this weekend and then that's it.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

And for way too much money, even with the surprise launch sale they just announced after taking full-price preorders for a couple months. Thankfully they are automatically refunding the difference.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1376891119917694979

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

ultrafilter posted:

The Muse Dash devs are going bankrupt. There's going to be a big sale this weekend and then that's it.

I am mildly suspicious of this given that their statement on this ends in "April 1st", which it definitely isn't anywhere right now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The final cut of Disco Elysium should go live in a couple of hours :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5vyZ04MNrQ

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

END ME SCOOB posted:

I am mildly suspicious of this given that their statement on this ends in "April 1st", which it definitely isn't anywhere right now.

I don't know, this seems like a very official-looking statement to me.

The low-cost base Muse Dash sold at least hundreds of thousands of copies on Steam alone, plus they cite the reason to be "the extremely modest price point" of their $30 DLC. But yeah, I'd be a little suspicious of any surprise news starting around now.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 30, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The sale is probably real anyway.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

repiv posted:

The final cut of Disco Elysium should go live in a couple of hours :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5vyZ04MNrQ

Really looking forward to another play through. I can be a bigger dick this time around. I believe in myself.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
thought that post was about cyberpunk until I read the quoted bit

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Blattdorf posted:

Well, you can buy Kingdom Hearts for the PC now. On Epic

Do these games actually have any value for anyone that didn't grow up with them? They all seem like fever dream games especially with the way that they're titled.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Deakul posted:

Do these games actually have any value for anyone that didn't grow up with them? They all seem like fever dream games especially with the way that they're titled.

The plots are, uh

The gameplay is fun action beat 'em up RPG stuff, I liked it.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Deakul posted:

They all seem like fever dream games especially with the way that they're titled.

Why would you say that statement as if that's not a good thing???

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Stink Terios posted:

Why would you say that statement as if that's not a good thing???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o1ieehttdA

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Deakul posted:

Fever dream is a good way to describe Kingdom Hearts 3. It’s never difficult (unless you flip the “insane difficulty” switch, wherein it becomes stupidly, almost unplayable difficult,) but it continually throws new gimmicks at you to change up the formula. Everything explodes into colors. You always have some gauge maxed out. There’s always a menu of splashy special moves available. The story is unintelligible. There are one hundred animes running around. The game is bursting with weird, semi-pointless Systems. Your moveset is wildly bloated, and you never actually need any of them, but they’re all pretty fun to do.

It’s a good game for playing after a drink or two.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1006358560031338497?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The fat dad from Goof Troop has a goth anime outfit in Kingdom Hearts 3. That’s good to me.