Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So is, eg, 36C above or below 30DD??? Does he even know????? Tired of these pie-in-the-sky wishy-washy nine-minute-abs plans :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Atrocious Joe posted:

john mccain was a war hero because he destroyed millions of dollars worth of US military equipment and almost took out an aircraft carrier

"he was a vietnamese flying ace" will always make me laugh

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol Biden got the US involved in a new war this month and I almost missed it

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56441499

quote:

To support its efforts in tackling the growing insurgency, the Mozambican government has invited in US military advisers.

The agreement between the Mozambican and US governments is for American soldiers to train local forces fighting the militants.

"US special operations forces... will support Mozambique's efforts to prevent the spread of terrorism and violent extremism," the US embassy in Mozambique said on 15 March.

"Clearly, the US is trying to extend its influence," says Jasmine Opperman, an analyst with the monitoring group Acled.

But she adds that it is a complex local conflict, and that "the US is framing the insurgency in a very over-simplified manner by referring to [the militants] as an extension of the Islamic State".

On March 10, the US government designated al-Shabab in Mozambique as a "foreign terrorist organisation", describing it as an IS-affiliate.

Portugal, the former colonial power in Mozambique, has also committed to training the military.

"We will send a staff of approximately 60 trainers to Mozambique to train marines and commandos," said a Portuguese official.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Funny how Ted Cruz of all people want to visit those places in 2021 but not during 2017-2020.

:kiss:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Have American politicians always been this transparent and stupid?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SilvermanJacob/status/1375456519559471106?s=20
https://twitter.com/SAMonitorOrg/status/1374387976872943621?s=20
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1375870005263355905?s=20

Dying for Biden's natural gas profits

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Obviously none of us are Al-Shabaab supporters and any sane person recognizes that sometimes military action is the only course to stop further violence.

So what we have to consider is if complaints about American imperialism or nit-picks about legal authority worth preventing American troops from stopping the deaths of innocent civilians? The humane answer is of course not, we must do all we can to help. Even if a dogmatic leftist would say it is imperialistic to help people.

Besides, American troops, mostly special forces, will only be there to conduce training and advisory roles, so it is just patent falsehood to call this a war, bordering on a right-wing talking point out of Alex Jones or the like.

Why shouldn’t America send our best and brightest to help train and stabilize an allied nation in help?

It is telling how the same people who rant about “idpol” are the exact same people who oppose helping the people of Mozambique.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Trabisnikof posted:

Obviously none of us are Al-Shabaab supporters and any sane person recognizes that sometimes military action is the only course to stop further violence.

So what we have to consider is if complaints about American imperialism or nit-picks about legal authority worth preventing American troops from stopping the deaths of innocent civilians? The humane answer is of course not, we must do all we can to help. Even if a dogmatic leftist would say it is imperialistic to help people.

Besides, American troops, mostly special forces, will only be there to conduce training and advisory roles, so it is just patent falsehood to call this a war, bordering on a right-wing talking point out of Alex Jones or the like.

Why shouldn’t America send our best and brightest to help train and stabilize an allied nation in help?

It is telling how the same people who rant about “idpol” are the exact same people who oppose helping the people of Mozambique.

You wouldn't want those evil Chinese training troops in Mozambique, would you?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
It's good because we are helping. America is helping

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

john mccain was a war hero because he destroyed millions of dollars worth of US military equipment and almost took out an aircraft carrier

bing bong

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

there were Russian and South African mercenaries already there. not doing a great job though!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

loquacius posted:

So is, eg, 36C above or below 30DD??? Does he even know????? Tired of these pie-in-the-sky wishy-washy nine-minute-abs plans :rolleyes:

nobody can answer this. science is advancing every day but this is unknowable. sorry

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

mastershakeman posted:

It's weird as hell the last war presidents fought in, the rich were demanding to be on the front lines (jfk, hw)

JFK and HW were both stupider than people like Nixon and Johnson, I don’t think that’s an understatement.

edit: scratch that, Johnson was an idiot who volunteered multiple times for combat lol what a dumbass gently caress that

Thump! has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Mar 30, 2021

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

To be honest if you can't explain answers to specific questions in layman's terms without telling someone to go become an expert on their own time by reading, you probably don't understand the theory yourself and should shut the gently caress up about it.

I'm many pages behind, but I once had a teacher who said the highest level of mastery of a subject was to be able to explain it to a layman over dinner without boring anyone. Hilariously he was my labor econ professor who mysteriously never taught anything even close to Marx

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
i could probably explain the ideal gas laws over dinner but it would require an uncouth demonstration

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thump! posted:

JFK and HW were both stupider than people like Nixon and Johnson, I don’t think that’s an understatement.

edit: scratch that, Johnson was an idiot who volunteered multiple times for combat lol what a dumbass gently caress that

Different values back then. One of my grandpas was always ashamed he never saw combat; another grandpa who died this past week received a bunch of vfw folks shooting off guns and the young enlisted kids doing all the pageantry of taps and flag folding, because that grandpa did years of combat in the pacific

Like I said times have changed and HW will likely be the last president to have seen active combat in a war. The guys now like crenshaw are too psycho to fit in with the monied elites

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Now that all of CSPAM's heroes have betrayed them, it's time to hook up your wagons to the one true god, andrew yang :cool: (say what you want about him, but the media hates his rear end, so support him out of pure spite).

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Mister Fister posted:

Now that all of CSPAM's heroes have betrayed them, it's time to hook up your wagons to the one true god, andrew yang :cool: (say what you want about him, but the media hates his rear end, so support him out of pure spite).

no.

I will cackle from the side lines though no matter what the outcome.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
once Yang lays down some actual policy positions we're sure to hate him

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

silicone thrills posted:

no.

I will cackle from the side lines though no matter what the outcome.

Look, i just want to see a goofy mayor that rides a skateboard and who the media despises because he breaks every single one of their rules about what a 'good' democrat is.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
i want that too, but i also want to see new york as a smouldering crater, so its impossible to say who's the guy to root for

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Different values back then. One of my grandpas was always ashamed he never saw combat; another grandpa who died this past week received a bunch of vfw folks shooting off guns and the young enlisted kids doing all the pageantry of taps and flag folding, because that grandpa did years of combat in the pacific

Like I said times have changed and HW will likely be the last president to have seen active combat in a war. The guys now like crenshaw are too psycho to fit in with the monied elites

I was on funeral detail for several months while in the Navy. You don't need to see combat to get a military funeral, just a lot of patience to get through the backlog. I did hundreds of funerals, and like 95% were reinterments for some guy who had passed months or even years ago's ashes. Those were pretty chill because the family had done all the mourning and were just there for the ceremony, and since the family had grown up with grandad's stories about all the times he had been a dumbass they were usually very forgiving of mistakes.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nix Panicus posted:

I was on funeral detail for several months while in the Navy. You don't need to see combat to get a military funeral, just a lot of patience to get through the backlog. I did hundreds of funerals, and like 95% were reinterments for some guy who had passed months or even years ago's ashes. Those were pretty chill because the family had done all the mourning and were just there for the ceremony, and since the family had grown up with grandad's stories about all the times he had been a dumbass they were usually very forgiving of mistakes.

Weird, I'd never seen one before. The family got it arranged within two days, maybe he knew some people at the VFW who really wanted to do it or everyone was just bored due to covid, who knows. It was strange seeing 18 year olds doing the flag stuff and then what looked like 70 year olds shooting the guns for a guy who made it to 97. We mostly didn't know any of the stories, he wouldn't talk about much other than a few dark moments about when kamikazes hit the carrier he was on

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

anyone have joe’s # apparently i need to call him?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1376639567172923394?s=21

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Malleum posted:

i want that too, but i also want to see new york as a smouldering crater, so its impossible to say who's the guy to root for

:hmmyes:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

if i go knock on Joe Biden's door to ask him about this, I won't be arrested right

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if your student debt exists, it's because you didn't ask Joe hard enough

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Reality Protester posted:

once Yang lays down some actual policy positions we're sure to hate him

https://twitter.com/MohanadElshieky/status/1376332788346015752

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

By my count 19/45 presidents have some military experience, not including Reagan and GWB2. Given that the dems recruited heavily from the military for candidates I reckon some of them might have a shot assuming President Trump allows elections in 2028.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

that's accountability

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1376348310974427139

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Weird, I'd never seen one before. The family got it arranged within two days, maybe he knew some people at the VFW who really wanted to do it or everyone was just bored due to covid, who knows. It was strange seeing 18 year olds doing the flag stuff and then what looked like 70 year olds shooting the guns for a guy who made it to 97. We mostly didn't know any of the stories, he wouldn't talk about much other than a few dark moments about when kamikazes hit the carrier he was on

I was stationed in San Diego at the time, so maybe its different if you lived somewhere else? I was also at an actual funeral command where all we did was funerals, mainly at Miramar and Fort Rosecrans. Show up in the morning, practice for about an hour, get your assignments for the day, gently caress off when you're done. According to my citation I did 200 funerals in the six months I was there

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 02:58 on Mar 30, 2021

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

You have to say a wish for your preferred legislation as you vote or it doesn't happen. Also don't tell anyone your wish. Just wish and shut up. Mostly shut up. But wish if you want.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

i barely do my own job why the gently caress would i do yours chuckles

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

gonna scratch out some epic rear end crayon drawing of biden and his dogs eating a green pizza next to a stack of cash labeled DEPTS and mail that in. that'll change his mind

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/dannyhellman/status/1376225597798682627?s=20

we post this yet

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao at republicans turning right around and owning democrats on this poo poo. how do you let that happen

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Imagine Ted Cruz having the moral high ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Imagine Ted Cruz having the moral high ground.
it's the height of white privilege to share this video