Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Thoguh posted:

I don't have it in me to have to transfer to yet another social network. I'm just gonna go back to phone calls and texting.

I don't really understand what the hell is going on at my job anymore, but the school pretty much sounds like this all day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh0jCnKFNdk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
please stop being a "bad faith actor" on the left by sharing that video

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

i can't believe that republican weasels are doing the politically obvious thing of pointing out the dems' hypocrisy wrt concentration camps

i can't believe that being evasive and obfuscating and not sending everyone involved in setting up the concentration camps to the hague led to this outcome

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1376676675648389124
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1376678602729787395

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

mastershakeman posted:

Different values back then. One of my grandpas was always ashamed he never saw combat; another grandpa who died this past week received a bunch of vfw folks shooting off guns and the young enlisted kids doing all the pageantry of taps and flag folding, because that grandpa did years of combat in the pacific

Like I said times have changed and HW will likely be the last president to have seen active combat in a war. The guys now like crenshaw are too psycho to fit in with the monied elites

At least seeing combat in World War 2 meant you were fighting, like, actual genocidal fascists who at least somewhat deserved to get shot.

Nowadays it's just occupying defenseless peoples and murdering farmers and poo poo.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I lol'd at how she just appeared out of nowhere.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Judakel posted:

lmao at republicans turning right around and owning democrats on this poo poo. how do you let that happen

it was inevitable. the problem they have, and what prevented them from getting out ahead on the messaging, is that they genuinely believe concentration camps are a good idea

a theoretical empathetic administration would have immediately come out far before people started arriving and warned everyone that hey, we have a system of concentration camps run by white supremacists who are gonna slowroll everything, and as we begin the process of unfucking the system and eliminating the gestapo, it's gonna get bad

but when you were the ones who built the camps and laid the groundwork for this system and just want to dial it back to 2014 levels of hosed up, that doesn't cross your mind, and you really don't want to make your white supremacists mad because you need them to keep raping immigrants for you, so all you can do is stand there and let everyone except your gaggle of brainless partisans poo poo on you endlessly

I am very obviously preaching to the choir but we can't post about this in USPOL and I know those dipshits hateread this thread

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

it was inevitable. the problem they have, and what prevented them from getting out ahead on the messaging, is that they genuinely believe concentration camps are a good idea

a theoretical empathetic administration would have immediately come out far before people started arriving and warned everyone that hey, we have a system of concentration camps run by white supremacists who are gonna slowroll everything, and as we begin the process of unfucking the system and eliminating the gestapo, it's gonna get bad

but when you were the ones who built the camps and laid the groundwork for this system and just want to dial it back to 2014 levels of hosed up, that doesn't cross your mind, and you really don't want to make your white supremacists mad because you need them to keep raping immigrants for you, so all you can do is stand there and let everyone except your gaggle of brainless partisans poo poo on you endlessly

I am very obviously preaching to the choir but we can't post about this in USPOL and I know those dipshits hateread this thread

I will keep saying this every single time

Joe Biden's DHS sec is on record calling CBP noble heroes, less than a month ago, in front of Congress. They don't give a hot steaming poo poo about concentration camps. They built them, they built the policy framework for them, and now they're defending the SS that are shoving kids into them.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

I lol'd at how she just appeared out of nowhere.
koncentration kamp karen

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Its amazing that somehow Ted loving Cruz is now pulling moral high ground bullshit about the concentration camps, and the administration has no response except to continue stonewalling.

Maybe they think everything is so hyperpartisan and sports team mentality now that they don't even have to do anything. If the democrats are doing it its obviously necessary and there doesnt need to be accountability. Judging by the freaks defending the democrats, maybe theyre right. Nothing matters. Vote blue no matter who.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

I will keep saying this every single time

Joe Biden's DHS sec is on record calling CBP noble heroes, less than a month ago, in front of Congress. They don't give a hot steaming poo poo about concentration camps. They built them, they built the policy framework for them, and now they're defending the SS that are shoving kids into them.

gently caress you for even implying that these are close to concentration camps, as mentioned before ITT.

You’re either being an edgelord who is saying “ACKTUALLY, the meaning of concentration camp pre WW2 was totally what this is” or you’re downplaying the holocaust. Either way it’s in bad faith and you’re taking away from your legitimate argument by being a gently caress.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

are the liberal media outlets even showing ted cruz's video or is it a media blackout

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Thump! posted:

edit: scratch that, Johnson was an idiot who volunteered multiple times for combat lol what a dumbass gently caress that

his mind was just poisoned by his huge dick, it happens to the best of us

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

gently caress you for even implying that these are close to concentration camps, as mentioned before ITT.

You’re either being an edgelord who is saying “ACKTUALLY, the meaning of concentration camp pre WW2 was totally what this is” or you’re downplaying the holocaust. Either way it’s in bad faith and you’re taking away from your legitimate argument by being a gently caress.

Literally did a double take and checked forum name upon scrolling past this

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

Literally did a double take and checked forum name upon scrolling past this

Stop being a gently caress, bro.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

guessing all these libs just assume that nazi germany just skipped right to the holocaust, ignoring the term "final solution" entirely

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Nix Panicus posted:

Its amazing that somehow Ted loving Cruz is now pulling moral high ground bullshit about the concentration camps, and the administration has no response except to continue stonewalling.

Maybe they think everything is so hyperpartisan and sports team mentality now that they don't even have to do anything. If the democrats are doing it its obviously necessary and there doesnt need to be accountability. Judging by the freaks defending the democrats, maybe theyre right. Nothing matters. Vote blue no matter who.

they're suddenly not concentration camps even though nothing has changed except the people at the top; and not only that, but you're a horrible monster for even thinking of calling them that. and also an anti-semite.

Biden is trying his best, guys!!!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I've been a gently caress since 2005 and I'm not gonna stop being a gently caress now.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Stop being a gently caress, bro.

Perhaps the democrats should quit being fucks and operating concentration camps :shrug:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

comedyblissoption posted:

koncentration kamp karen

https://twitter.com/Rhizzone_Txt/status/842265676945350656

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Cpt_Obvious posted:

indeed when people say never again they mean the mass killings. anything less than gassings is not worth talking about and indeed trying to steal jewish genocide valor to score political points.

edit: beaten

Raiad posted:

guessing all these libs just assume that nazi germany just skipped right to the holocaust, ignoring the term "final solution" entirely

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

they're suddenly not concentration camps even though nothing has changed except the people at the top; and not only that, but you're a horrible monster for even thinking of calling them that. and also an anti-semite.

Biden is trying his best, guys!!!

You know how it's in good faith is when your staff shouts 1984-esque talking points at Ted Cruz while physically obstructing his camera from taking pictures of the children you've put in some kind of plexiglass hellroom as the roaring of ventilation fans blares away overhead

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

indeed when people say never again they mean the mass killings. anything less than gassings is not worth talking about and indeed trying to steal jewish genocide valor to score political points.

You know liberals are still going to be sputtering red faced angry about BAD FAITH ACTORS when we find the first mass grave right

I mean assuming we find it on Biden's watch lol

Like when we found out that the forced hysterectomies started under Obama and all the liberals had to change their braingears without a clutch

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the US did help facilitate mass killings in Central America in the 1980s. It's part of why everything is so hosed there right now.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

it actually makes me sick to have been proven right about the concentration camps re: not voting for the democrat party. i hate this demonic country

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Access to debt free online courses at the school of the Americas for all unaccompanied minors

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I expected the "we're trying!!!" framing and might have even overlooked it as just another mild symptom of the condition, but the sputtering rage that leaps forth when you dare to describe the concentration camps as concentration camps is pretty sickening. there are no knots people will not tie themselves in to maintain the notion that Democrats Are The Good Guys

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

WorkerThread posted:

i hate this demonic country

I have bad news for you about the other countries

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nix Panicus posted:

thats correct. even if you lose elections due to this it doesnt matter since each team now how its own media as well to enforce the party message , and the politicians and donors themselves will watch said media and internalize it in a happy spiral of poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

United $naKKKe$ of Amerikkka

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I expected the "we're trying!!!" framing and might have even overlooked it as just another mild symptom of the condition, but the sputtering rage that leaps forth when you dare to describe the concentration camps as concentration camps is pretty sickening. there are no knots people will not tie themselves in to maintain the notion that Democrats Are The Good Guys

imagine if boebert or someone like her pulled the aoc chainlink fence photo op

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mister Fister posted:

Now that all of CSPAM's heroes have betrayed them, it's time to hook up your wagons to the one true god, andrew yang :cool: (say what you want about him, but the media hates his rear end, so support him out of pure spite).

I'm an Allinist. I'm pretty sure no new scandals are coming out about GG, and his politics are pure

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I'm the guy replying to every "but trump" tweet with a blue Maga hat.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

:barf:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

lol

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Please respect their dignity

No no, the sleeping bags inside a crowded plexiglass jail cell are fine, its the filming them to make us look bad thats undignified.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

loving monsters.

I assume that woman sleeps like a baby at night.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nix Panicus posted:

Please respect their dignity

No no, the sleeping bags inside a crowded plexiglass jail cell are fine, its the filming them to make us look bad thats undignified.

If you want to wokely defend a concentration camp this is how you do it. Just do what you want to do and say it's for human rights.

We have to put these kids in tupperware cages because of human rights - they'd get in trouble if they were just out roaming around without supervision.

You can't see their conditions because they are minors and it would be unethical to let you take photographs of them when they can't consent.

You can't speak to them because they have no legal parent or guardian to consent to that.

We can't tell you what happened to or is happening to any of them please respect their privacy.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Have American politicians always been this transparent and stupid?

No.

But like a frog slowly being boiled alive, we don't notice it.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

^^^ Not a real thing. Frogs notice and jump out. Only people are that stupid. Amazing line from wikipedia:

quote:

During the 19th century, several experiments were performed to observe the reaction of frogs to slowly heated water. In 1869, while doing experiments searching for the location of the soul, German physiologist Friedrich Goltz demonstrated that a frog that has had its brain removed will remain in slowly heated water, but an intact frog attempted to escape the water when it reached 25 °C.

I also enjoy the excuses that this is somehow ICE's fault for resisting Biden's reforms, which are real and good. So the democrats want to fix the camps, Biden is just an incompetent leader incapable of cleaning house

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 04:46 on Mar 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nix Panicus posted:

I also enjoy the excuses that this is somehow ICE's fault for resisting Biden's reforms, which are real and good. So the democrats want to fix the camps, Biden is just an incompetent leader incapable of cleaning house

His administration would need to stop calling them heroes first.