Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The perspective on this one makes it look like someone typed “noclip 1” on the beach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Fog Sun Tree and Bird in Flight by B. B., on Flickr

Well Head in Pasture by B. B., on Flickr

Construction on Hold by B. B., on Flickr

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Ooh, that first one is nice. The last one is cool too, but it gives me a strange vibe, like it's showing nuclear winter or some lifeless future.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

DorianGravy posted:

Ooh, that first one is nice. The last one is cool too, but it gives me a strange vibe, like it's showing nuclear winter or some lifeless future.

The second felt real Siberian for me. That fog stayed heavy for a couple of hours, it was great. Weird light when it started lifting, too.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

Nice

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Are you sure this is a photograph?

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

seravid posted:

Are you sure this is a photograph?

Well, I'm no Brooklyn Beckham

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Well, I'm no Brooklyn Beckham

That's the dream

...But I meant it very much looks like a painting and I dig it.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
Thanks! Can't say it was completely intentional. I think the pattern on the floor and the sofa (and the highish ISO) all contributed. Looking at it again with your comment in mind, it looks a little Hopper-esque dare I say.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

some signs

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
Those are all very very nice.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

still a wip :/

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

This has a great vibe. Where is it?

:hmmyes:

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Cool. That looks like the sort of door that should lead to a fantasy world, like The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. What's its purpose?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

DorianGravy posted:

Cool. That looks like the sort of door that should lead to a fantasy world, like The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. What's its purpose?

It's a canastro, a typical Portuguese and Spanish granary used to store corn. They're very common and come in many shapes and sizes. This one is fairly small and basic, but still nicely built.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

what's the work about

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

seravid posted:

This has a great vibe. Where is it?

near three mill lane in london

bobmarleysghost posted:

what's the work about

im still agonising the crop and im not sure about the colour balance. i think going back with different weather could be worth it

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

from my recent trip to the Oregon coast

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

real nap poo poo posted:

from my recent trip to the Oregon coast

all good but this is my fav

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

What an absolutely beautiful train wreck. It would be most appropriate in this month's contest thread.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Twenties Superstar posted:

im still agonising the crop and im not sure about the colour balance. i think going back with different weather could be worth it

i don't mind the crop. what are you trying to go for with the image? as it is right now i get a subdued quietness from it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Going through old photos to free up space on my account and came across this one:

My best guess is that light polarised by reflecting off the sea hit the coating on the plane window just right. The phenomena was only visible through the lens.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

bobmarleysghost posted:

i don't mind the crop. what are you trying to go for with the image? as it is right now i get a subdued quietness from it.

oh i think i misunderstood you at first. i will be honest i don't think too much about what i am going for per se though i have identified a number of themes in phototraphy that interest me and i tend to wind up there by following my intuition.

to talk about working on this image i want to find the best way to take and edit the picture that exentuates what interests me about it. im pleased, for example, that you mentioned quietness because i think that and the perception of stillness is something that i come to often.

seekign "the best way" involves running back and forth trying to get the angles right, finding out they weren't when the photo gets developed, and heading back out there to try again (or not). and then editing i struggle with pushing curves around seeking something naturalistic that captures what i experienced on site and feeling like i dont even know what the outside world looks like anymore. these are the two questions i have about the image - have i locked in the composition and are people going to look and this and feel like everything is a bit too green or whatever

i could go on about about what it is that interests me but i wont for risk of bloviating. as for what it is im trying to do i dont really have more to say except ill keep tinkering until it feels right though i have started to like this one the way it is

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I thought I posted this here but I didn't:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Megabound posted:

I thought I posted this here but I didn't:

Like that a lot.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

man, that last one has such a "poo poo is pending to go down" feeling (despite the fact that poo poo has never and may never go down in that spot).
If anticipation was a photo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It feels super creepy/stalker to me because of that window on the right. Like I want to see what's going in there, but never will and shouldn't anyways.

Photo wouldn't be nearly as effective if the whole window was in frame.

Did the lot with the tire in it too. That's the poo poo I love.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I think I want a poster of it on my wall. Or an album with the title Ambient Field Recordings, and I don't even own a record player.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

That stack of woods totally looks like a Hitler 'stache.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Beautiful

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I really like this one.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
film shots from biking trips

Adbot