Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Dale-Taco posted:

Huzzah. I just got changed for my Snake Supreme Cobra Commander. I am excited to finally have a new Joe figure after months of nothing...

Same! Was very cool to see. I canceled my trooper but kept the zartan pre-order, hoping that doesn't get pushed back again. At this point I'm really just waiting for flint and Jaye (barring anything awesome announced on the 9th).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Was that a Hasbro Pulse Not SDCC exclusive?

The Hellfire Club set got delayed a couple of months.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm so pissed I missed out on the SDCC exclusive 12" Marvel Legends Daredevil on HasbroPulse. I've wanted one for years, but wasn't willing to pay $100+ on eBay. Then it showed up on Pulse last week for around $60, like someone discovered a warehouse full of them, and I had no idea, and they sold out.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aphrodite posted:

Was that a Hasbro Pulse Not SDCC exclusive?

The Hellfire Club set got delayed a couple of months.

Supreme Cobra Commander is a Pulse thing. I ordered mine as well so I'm sure I'll hear from the Mrs. that we got randomly charged from something she doesn't recognize.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dale-Taco posted:

Huzzah. I just got changed for my Snake Supreme Cobra Commander. I am excited to finally have a new Joe figure after months of nothing...

Ditto. Oddly enough I thought that I already paid for it when I put in the order but guess that was just a confirmation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hasbro had authorized for the full amount on preorder but released it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Grant DaNasty posted:

Speaking of which, preorders for both Arethyr (The Horsemen of War) and his horse Aethon just came back up on BBTS. This wave should be shipping in April/May, and they will sell out quickly.

Arethyr - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/103208

Aethon - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/103287

He does come with detachable wings.

Pulling back a bit, but I didn't realize the horsemen were being made already. Just put in that preorder.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Earlier today? I almost bid on that but I was worried I'd snipe it out from under you.

Yeah, but I would have ended up pretty much paying the same if I had been outbid. I basically bid on the off chance it would go for a little less than the going rate, but no such luck. All told with taxes and shipping I’m paying over $80.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yeah, but I would have ended up pretty much paying the same if I had been outbid. I basically bid on the off chance it would go for a little less than the going rate, but no such luck. All told with taxes and shipping I’m paying over $80.

Is it bad that I've convinced myself that any Classics figure under $100 is still a good deal?

I have Flutterina on the way!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've made a deal with myself to ONLY buy skeleton people from Mythic Legions, otherwise I think I would get far too into it.

This is exactly how it starts. I was only in for goblins and Faunus + Thistlethorn, and am now roughly 2 trolls and 100 figs deep... :homebrew: ... :shepspends: ... :cripes:

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

This is exactly how it starts. I was only in for goblins and Faunus + Thistlethorn, and am now roughly 2 trolls and 100 figs deep... :homebrew: ... :shepspends: ... :cripes:

I originally just wanted some figures to make a 5 person D&D adventuring party. Now I just counted. I have 96 figures (not counting all the ones I have on preorder) and 3 trolls.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

yeah, it's easy to go too deep on ML. I'm in the process of packing for a move and it's made me take a hard look at the stuff I really like vs stuff that's just pretty good.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Pulling back a bit, but I didn't realize the horsemen were being made already. Just put in that preorder.

Explain the horsemen to me -- I know about the four horsemen of the apocalypse and the name of the company and assume that Arethyr is war and that Illythia is famine. But there's these other random horses and a moose. Is there something special about the two that have been made and a plan to make death and pestilence? Each faction can't have a horseperson from the Bible.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Explain the horsemen to me -- I know about the four horsemen of the apocalypse and the name of the company and assume that Arethyr is war and that Illythia is famine. But there's these other random horses and a moose. Is there something special about the two that have been made and a plan to make death and pestilence? Each faction can't have a horseperson from the Bible.

I believe each of the four main guys who founded the company likened themselves to one of the classic Four Horsemen, and they wanted to work that into the line. It’s mostly an excuse to make cool mounts and some impressive leader figures.

As for the actual mythology: The two creator deities were a male/female couple. They created all the good races of the world but the male god became jealous of the attention she was giving their creations so he made dark versions of them to wipe out everything so he could get his love back.

The four strongest members of the evil races were Arethyr (demon), Necronominus (skeleton), Poxxus (???), and Illythia (vampire); they became the de facto leaders and founders of the factions that bear their name. The good races were eventually lead by four counterparts: Leodysseus the lion, Bassylia the serpent, Eathyron the eagle, and Xylona the stag. They managed to banish the evil four and the all-out war became more of an endless simmering conflict.

They’ve made two of the four good champions as well, Eathyron and Xylona; Eathyron used the old Raven/bird sculpt from their previous Kickstarter based toy line and those molds have been irrevocably damaged so he’s super expensive and would need a brand new body to be remade, while Xylona is kind of underwhelming and just a female body with hooves and a comically large antlered deer head .

The other mounts are just to give other people mounts. The moose is the personal mount of the fairy Queen Artemyss Silverchord, and I forget who the regular horse mount is for.

Edit: There’s also two unaffiliated factions that don’t have a big demigod leader, but the four good and four evil factions all have one.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 30, 2021

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

They have a website where they have figure checklists, info on the factions, waves released, and other stuff. http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/mythic-legions/ They just started making mounts. So far they have horses for the Army of Leodysseus, moose for Xylona's flock, and the two horses for Arethyr and Illythia. I'm hoping for some camels or elephants next. They already said we'll get bears for the House of the Noble Bear.

Factions

Bad guys:

The Legion of Arethyr (The Horsemen of War) - This army is made up of the most savage and brutal warriors that Mythoss has to offer. When given the choice between reason and brute force, reason never wins out.

Illythia's Brood (The Horsemen of Famine) - A legion fueled by a constant hunger. Elegant and expertly trained, these eaters of flesh are almost exclusively made up of those who gain their power by draining the life of others.

Circle of Poxxus (The Horsemen of Pestilence) - A collection of witches, warlocks, demons, djinn, sorcerers, and assorted wielders of dark magic. Their ranks are lesser in numbers, but collectively more powerful.

Congregation of Necronominus (The Horsemen of Death) - A group of soldiers guided by their faith in their dark god, Necronominus. Highly ordered and single minded, they are an effective and deadly force.

Sons of the Red Star - These assassins for hire are led by Skapular the Cryptbreaker. A mastery of weapons and close combat along with a thirst for money and influence unite this diverse band of cut-throats.

Good guys:

The Army of Leodysseus - This army represents the hardline military branch of rule in Mythoss. Assembled to combat the forces of Arethyr, they are embroiled in a scandal that saw their rightful leader Attlus ousted in favor of his younger brother, Attila.

The Order of Eathyron - The Order is an organization steeped in religious tradition which was formed to combat the Congregation of Necronominus and the unholy forces under its command. Thanks to the guidance of Sir Gideon Heavensbrand, the Order is in the process of emerging from a long period marred by scandal and corruption.

Xylona's Flock - This assembly of fighters gain their power from, and help protect, the elements of nature that give life to the people of Mythoss. The Flock opposes and counteracts the vampiric elements in Illythia’s Brood, which seek to drain the life out of the world around them. Their close ties to nature and the purity of the Flock keeps them connected to the great beasts and beings of the old world, granting them a certain reverence and a measure of celebrity in the modern age.

The Convocation of Bassylia - Masters of the magical arts, these warriors were assembled to combat the evil that lies at the very center of the Circle of Poxxus. The Convocation are the most mysterious of all heroic armies, and they are sometimes feared by the very ones they seek to protect.

The House of the Noble Bear - Under the leadership of the banished Attlus, these warriors have been assembled from the outskirts and wastelands of Mythoss. Although not as organized and regimented as the ranks of the proper armies, this ragtag collection of commoners boasts legions of powerful defenders.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Sanschel posted:

I believe each of the four main guys who founded the company likened themselves to one of the classic Four Horsemen, and they wanted to work that into the line. It’s mostly an excuse to make cool mounts and some impressive leader figures.

Thanks, you saved me from reading through a whole TON of less helpful stuff!

I ordered the all star 4 pack. Going to try to log in on Friday. Let's see how this goes. What caught my eye were the MOTU homages but given that I don't even have space to display my actual MOTU, transformers, Star Wars, and GI Joe collections from my childhood I'm not sure why I'm getting these! Yay!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sanschel posted:

and I forget who the regular horse mount is for.

ᴀʜ, ʙɪɴᴋʏ. ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Apparently Amazon sent me a McFarlane Liu Kang figure despite cancelling a week ago soooo I have a lone Liu Kang sitting around if anybody wants it

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Thanks, you saved me from reading through a whole TON of less helpful stuff!

I ordered the all star 4 pack. Going to try to log in on Friday. Let's see how this goes. What caught my eye were the MOTU homages but given that I don't even have space to display my actual MOTU, transformers, Star Wars, and GI Joe collections from my childhood I'm not sure why I'm getting these! Yay!

Don't get your hopes up for Friday ISS. People were getting figures sold out while in their cart and it sold out completely under 3 minutes.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Found a use for the terrible cloak that comes with the Jabba’s Palace Luke Black Series. I think Ahsoka looks badass like this. I still want an SHF of her. It’s not looking good, though. There are literally zero new Star Wars Figuarts announced at the moment. I have the Luke(s), Vader, Yoda, Mando(s), Grogu, 3PO, R2, Storm Trooper and Boba from them. I’d hate to see the line die.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I don't exactly understand what Mythic Legions is even with the explanations but upon hearing that there was a moose, I have preordered said moose.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/PixelDan/status/1377086086019698694?s=20

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Prices on Mysterio about ro skyrocket.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That’s pretty cool! I haven’t paid much attention to the MOTU wrestling figures since I’m not a big wrestling fan, but I wonder if any other ones have parts or accessories that would be useful for Origins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shiroc posted:

I don't exactly understand what Mythic Legions is even with the explanations but upon hearing that there was a moose, I have preordered said moose.

it's rare today but back in the 80s all the toylines had elaborate backstories to print on the back of the card.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That’s pretty cool! I haven’t paid much attention to the MOTU wrestling figures since I’m not a big wrestling fan, but I wonder if any other ones have parts or accessories that would be useful for Origins.

I have all of them so far, there's a lot of neat pieces but most of them are from Classics figures.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Booyaka Booyaka, M-O-U

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

That's funny considering I bought a Mysterio figure hoping to replace the missing pieces of my vintage Stratos. Didn't really work, but I found a complete original figure for a good price not long after and now Eternia is repping the 619.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Aphrodite posted:

it's rare today but back in the 80s all the toylines had elaborate backstories to print on the back of the card.

It roughly started around the time of Micronauts. A person at Marvel was so entranced he created this entire world for em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKP73A4yofw

(PS this guys series is loving AWESOME - i've rediscovered tons of things I only had tiny vague memories about)

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The NECA Goliath got me to start rewatching Gargoyles, and I really hope they add in a using-his-wings-as-a-cape attachment. I doubt they will, but it would be a really neat feature. Maybe a future Ultimate one will. :swoon:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Agrias120 posted:

The NECA Goliath got me to start rewatching Gargoyles, and I really hope they add in a using-his-wings-as-a-cape attachment. I doubt they will, but it would be a really neat feature. Maybe a future Ultimate one will. :swoon:

The fact he can't fold his wings makes the figure basically unusable for me. 16" wingspan means he can't fit in a Detolf and I'll be damned if he's just gonna stand around on top of a shelf where he can tumble and break.

You had one job, Neca.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Agrias120 posted:

Yeah just throw a couple hinges on the wings and you could even have them snap into place for that cool wing cape look.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah just throw a couple hinges on the wings and you could even have them snap into place for that cool wing cape look.

The Kickstarter Spawn did this and it’s awesome.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKP73A4yofw

(PS this guys series is loving AWESOME - i've rediscovered tons of things I only had tiny vague memories about)

Seconded; Toy Galaxy rules.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Apparently hasbro pulse has a pre order up for WEB-MAN, who is an inverted looking spider man new marvel legends figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But...it is April 1st.....

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

He's up on BBTS for preorder too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Web-man got preordered so hard

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I can't remember who it was, I think Iron Fist? back when Superior Spider-man was going on, showing up in the knockoff spiderman costume called like Spider-Hero while Ock bitched about copyright infringement. I'd get one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Blade, he was under some magical contract or something to not be allowed to be in America.