Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have now shifted to pinning my hopes on the Vampire the Masquerade game being made by the devs of The Council, which if they continue their "RPG skill tree system but the game is all dialogues and investigation" would actually revisit the parts of Bloodlines I cared the most about anyway
It was by far the best part of the game anyway, so yeah, that would make for an exclusive improvement, really. Well, except for Ocean House. Harder to be scary horror in pure dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

The reason is that Epic gave them money, OP

Square-Enix is a small indie dev, they needed the money.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

VideoGames posted:

If you could have a sequel to any game ever (and it was guaranteed to be as good as the game you are getting a sequel to) what game would you have?

I have been thinking about this for most of today and currently I am not sure.

Skies of Arcadia

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
My hot take is that sushi ghost is good actually

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

If you could have a sequel to any game ever (and it was guaranteed to be as good as the game you are getting a sequel to) what game would you have?

Tetris

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

wuggles posted:

Skies of Arcadia

This is a close second though!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Last Celebration posted:

Kid Icarus: Uprising, normally I’d never want a sequel cause it can’t hope to match the original as a whole, but a sequel that’s guaranteed to catch the lightning in the bottle again? Heck yeah.

More than a sequel I really just want a switch remaster. Pretty much everything would still work, you could use gyro aiming, but they would have to change how the camera controls work. Which is frankly, a good thing for most people.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

7 hours to Vita.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I'm unreasonably exited by the fact that a character from Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Steph) is going to appear in Life is Strange 3.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Alhazred posted:

I'm unreasonably exited by the fact that a character from Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Steph) is going to appear in Life is Strange 3.

The hetero romance option is gonna have a sub-"didn't share earbuds with Rachel" pickrate, poor guy.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

VideoGames posted:

Metal Gear Solid 4

:smuggo:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1376923618391818250?s=20

Ah yes, what we need is to dramatically increase our workload.

this is so bad, poo poo looks like a slide to prepare to sell the company

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in! posted:

Square-Enix is a small indie dev, they needed the money.

All corporations want money, no matter their size.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i want a sequel to Okami that is not confined to a tiny handheld, with crappy graphics and loading screens every 5 feet

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

VideoGames posted:

Gonna agree with Skies of Arcadia; simple enough but charming as hell. Also more airships with giant fuckoff lasers, please.

Also, this is not really anything new but goddamn Snake Eater is still such a fun song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGuFZ_a7RU0

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1376923618391818250?s=20

Ah yes, what we need is to dramatically increase our workload.

uhhhhh are you guys hiring like double the manpower for this or what

it's conceivable CP2077 would have been good if they had plowed 80% of the bloated marketing budget into paying actual workers (think marketing was almost double the CP2077 dev costs?)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CDPR had quite the arc, huh

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Shinjobi posted:

Also, this is not really anything new but goddamn Snake Eater is still such a fun song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGuFZ_a7RU0

this cover rules and the metal slug-esque pixel art is a step above and beyond

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In MH Rise I know in the demo people were annoyed at how much your character talks but i am legit a big fan of my Hunter yelling DOING GREAT!! every couple of minutes

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

this cover rules and the metal slug-esque pixel art is a step above and beyond
God, I still love that song. "I'd give my life, not for honor, but for yooooou~ ♪♫" gives me shivers every time. There's something about it that just hits me right in my romance spot.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Help Im Alive posted:

In MH Rise I know in the demo people were annoyed at how much your character talks but i am legit a big fan of my Hunter yelling DOING GREAT!! every couple of minutes

In the full game when you drop into a hunt with other people the hunters greet one another, it's really charming

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

6 hours to Vita! If I win I can play MGS!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Monkey Fracas posted:

uhhhhh are you guys hiring like double the manpower for this or what

it's conceivable CP2077 would have been good if they had plowed 80% of the bloated marketing budget into paying actual workers (think marketing was almost double the CP2077 dev costs?)

I mean theoretically, it's a good idea, as having multiple projects means not putting all your eggs in one basket and leaving schedules free to flex without the pressure of THIS IS THE ONLY THING WE GOTTA GET IT OUT

but yeah

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Also with game studios you have weird lifecycles where like early in a game's development you only need a few roles, and as the game goes on you don't need those same roles as much but you suddenly need other roles a whole lot more, so having multiple projects can make sense so you can move teams around, also avoid burnout on a single project for too long

but yeah

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

lets hang out posted:

In the full game when you drop into a hunt with other people the hunters greet one another, it's really charming

i immediately turned all hunter voices off when i started the game

i will give it a try tonight with them back on

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

Normally my immediate default answer would be Suikoden 6 but since theres currently a spiritual successor in the works,

Grapplejack posted:

Breath of fire V, in the vein of 3&4

This sounds good to me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i couldnt get through character creation without switching to monster hunter language, it was very disconcerting having a monster hunter character talk at me. then i saw a clip of it last night of a hunter saying "yeah i'm gonna kick this monsters butt" so i think i made the right choice

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Walla posted:

6 hours to Vita! If I win I can play MGS!

Ah, I'm obliged to say that mgs 1 isn't listed for vita. You have to download to ps3 and transfer over. But vita can play 2, 3, peace walker, maybe more without jumping through weird hoops.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

xedo posted:

Ah, I'm obliged to say that mgs 1 isn't listed for vita. You have to download to ps3 and transfer over. But vita can play 2, 3, peace walker, maybe more without jumping through weird hoops.

well you need to hack it anyway for SD2Vita, which you need because the OG memory cards are all dead or dying.

e: you forgot portable ops! it's almost sort of canon!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

But... vita means life...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
PS Vita rebranded to PS Mortis

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Memento vita

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

I've always wished they did a SNES-era sequel to Zelda II.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
...the PS Vita shoots life, and poisons the earth with a plague of games, as once it was. But the PSP shoots death, and purifies the Earth of the filth of gamers...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

well you need to hack it anyway for SD2Vita, which you need because the OG memory cards are all dead or dying.

e: you forgot portable ops! it's almost sort of canon!

By the time I get around to hacking the thing, the PS store will be closed because Sony doesn't want my money.

And now it's 5 hours to Vita! I can play Persona 4!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh snap Evil Genius 2 is out!

I have too many games to play right now though >< so I'll have to get around to that one in a bit.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

i couldnt get through character creation without switching to monster hunter language, it was very disconcerting having a monster hunter character talk at me. then i saw a clip of it last night of a hunter saying "yeah i'm gonna kick this monsters butt" so i think i made the right choice

yeah all the english voice acting is incredibly over the top and corny. i can barely stand listening to the dango girl

HOWEVER the english voiceovers for the monster intros are fantastic and its worth it leaving it on english for those

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DADDY NEEDS A NEW PAIR OF BOOTS

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Walla posted:

By the time I get around to hacking the thing, the PS store will be closed because Sony doesn't want my money.

And now it's 5 hours to Vita! I can play Persona 4!

Softmodding the Vita is very easy and you should do it before you end up losing your 30 hour Trails of Steel savegame when trying to transfer files from the system to the new memory card because the Vita filesystem sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

But... vita means life...

Astro remembers