Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also in context it was some sex workers with a range of direct experience of sex work and the social theory meeting an MP and the MP saying "I’ve met with sex workers on a number of occasions, and I have listened. I just don’t agree. There are other voices I do agree with." which has strong energy of when the budget guy says to some electricians "are you sure we need that many circuit breakers, I've watched some videos" in terms of who is the expert and who is not.

(And then the other voices end up being SWERFs/free energy quacks.)

E.164 is part of the PSTN and data network numbering plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Clearly not made from the same material as the superior eu flags.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Also in context it was some sex workers with a range of direct experience of sex work and the social theory meeting an MP and the MP saying "I’ve met with sex workers on a number of occasions, and I have listened. I just don’t agree. There are other voices I do agree with." which has strong energy of when the budget guy says to some electricians "are you sure we need that many circuit breakers, I've watched some videos" in terms of who is the expert and who is not.

(And then the other voices end up being SWERFs/free energy quacks.)

E.164 is part of the PSTN and data network numbering plan.

Maybe the MP is a sex worker all along! :taps head:

(More likely they own a brothel and want rid of the competition.)

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

GnasherJew account has been suspended on Twitter. Can anyone shed any light as to why?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

mfcrocker posted:

as if the IOPC is fit for any purpose other than clearing cops of wrongdoing

Hence wanting the follow up tbh!

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Dog Pipes posted:

GnasherJew account has been suspended on Twitter. Can anyone shed any light as to why?

Probably the constant targeted harassment

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Dog Pipes posted:

Being the wrong sort of Jew and conspiring with the traitor Jerimoy Crobny.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
London goona who are still somehow on the Labour mailing list, did you get that email from Stacey Abrams? What new circle of hell is this?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
What was the email.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Noxville posted:

Probably the constant targeted harassment

For years that account has run a mini network of report hungry people. Either bots or just really really sad volunteers I wasn't really able to work out why but it was how they were able to get such success with their targeted harassment.

They've had it done to them now and they've been banned. Since it was a shared account they've almost certainly lost their personal accounts too and the suspension would become permanent by trying to avoid it.

We'll see if they come back as something else but that account should be dead now. About 4 years too late but its at least its done.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

forkboy84 posted:

Just found out there's a Scottish Leaders debate on the Beeb tonight, so that's magnificently well advertised. Oddly the Greens aren't putting up Patrick Harvie but are putting up co-leader Lorna Slater. Nowt against her, just surprised as she doesn't really have the experience that Harvie has. Hopefully she's up to the task.

I was also wondering how she'd do as I didn't know much about her, and while I am biased for the greens I would say she did very well.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dog Pipes posted:

Probably the constant racism and targeted harassment.

It's one of those accounts where you can say "This is just like when Trump was suspended." and have no clue if the person is pro or con.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

London goona who are still somehow on the Labour mailing list, did you get that email from Stacey Abrams? What new circle of hell is this?

Labour South West send out a newsletter called "getting back to winning ways", is it worse than that?

e:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

serious gaylord posted:

For years that account has run a mini network of report hungry people. Either bots or just really really sad volunteers I wasn't really able to work out why but it was how they were able to get such success with their targeted harassment.

They've had it done to them now and they've been banned. Since it was a shared account they've almost certainly lost their personal accounts too and the suspension would become permanent by trying to avoid it.

We'll see if they come back as something else but that account should be dead now. About 4 years too late but its at least its done.

Yeah, it's served it's purpose, poisoned the well, doesn't really matter if it's gone now.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Wolfsbane posted:

Labour South West send out a newsletter called "getting back to winning ways", is it worse than that?

e:

He's getting that Cameron ham glaze now.

He's also ruined the word forensic for me. I can't hear it now without snickering.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Wolfsbane posted:

e:

"Back to lead" will secure the boomer vote: those brains aren't going to poison themselves

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Wolfsbane posted:

e:

lol every named person on that page is poo poo

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

"Getting back to Winning Ways - Labour South West"

Congratulations to Team Kironauts who won the Stroud & District CLP Zoom Quiz last week with 12 correct responses out of 20 on the subject of Clause 4.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I vaguely remember the gnasher jew account along with rachel riley? But i can't remember so it was on her side and is bad and is now dead? a good thing?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/jamesjohnson252/status/1376956230695018502?s=19

https://twitter.com/jamesjohnson252/status/1376956243160539136?s=19

Brexit really absolutely hosed us.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

What was the email.

Encouraging people to either sign up for a postal vote, or sign up to man the phones.

/\ /\ /\ /\
Also, what a surprise that Lib Dem voters might be the ones who keep Keith in his job. Worst people ever sticking together

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

Keir solidifying his vote amongst the squirrel haters

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I vaguely remember the gnasher jew account along with rachel riley? But i can't remember so it was on her side and is bad and is now dead? a good thing?

It was an account of anonymous far right psychos accusing everyone and anyone to the left of Tony Blair of being secret Hitlers. Really venomous, really aggressive, led to a lot of people who said things like "I don't think Israel should be shooting medics and journalists" getting dog piled by people petitioning for Jewish people to be allowed into the Nazi party now that they're targeting Muslims.

Going by the people who are really pissed off about the account being suspended it was ran by an EX-RAF tory monster who hated BLM and other anti racism organisations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

cool sounds good to be dead

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Aramoro posted:

Big 'At least when Biden makes concentration camps he does it nicely' energy from this post.

Big American intervention energy.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 30, 2021

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Wolfsbane posted:

e:

Graphic design is my passion

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Noxville posted:

Everything I've seen produced by nuLabour has been really badly designed. Weirdly mixed fonts, just bad design. Wasn't sure whether they were trying to copy the tories' policy of 2019 of creating deliberately bad ads to get them shared 'ironically' but not getting it right.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Necrothatcher posted:

Just listened to that David Lammy call on LBC and gently caress that's depressing.

Obviously that was a really good response from Lammy, it's what we'd love to see more of, but you can't play the civic liberal nationalism card while still holding the African diaspora card.

Necrothatcher posted:

Are the Nazis in this country getting more numerous or louder/more confident? Or both?

LBC is a right wing propaganda company, it's vague allusion towards balance is james obrian as a 'lefty voice', and it screens its callers as deliberately as it decides its presenters. LBC actively amplifies the Nazi Vox Pop, it's not representative of the UK populace.

Vitamin P fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 30, 2021

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Gonzo McFee posted:

Brexit really absolutely hosed us.
It was always going to happen from the moment they said no to the unity governement if it meant Jumblybob Corbsatan would be in charge.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Tesseraction posted:

Back in 2014 or so but at the Green Party conference she hosted a panel on marginalised women (which had no trans women on, but I don't think she had a choice given there was also a sex worker) and the sex worker specifically called her out for being a SWERF and she did the "my ideology trumps your lived experience" meme but more politely.

Natalie Bennett (the leader at the time, the Aussie if you don't remember) seemed more open to the arguments. But that's rather moot given she's in the Lords now.

She's since done a 180 and is now very much in favour of decriminalisation of sex work after talking to sex workers about it, rather than her previous view of making it illegal to pay for sex.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Noxville posted:

https://twitter.com/GregDavill/status/1376773532315643906

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Breath Ray posted:

not to :can: here but regarding this meme specifically: dont we agree that ideology often DOES trump lived experience? e.g. if the relative of a murder victim supported the death penalty. or if the victim of a crime committed by an ethnic minority wanted them to all go back where they came from. the whole anecdote / data issue.

If you're any kind of revolutionary lefty then on some level ideology absolutely, necessarily does trump lived experience. The Win Condition for the world will at some point require the actively destructive hoarded resources of the rich to be taken by the people, that will lead to a moment when rich people and their hirelings will defend to the death the status quo and bam, what just happened? The same lefties that said 'people are more important than property' their whole lives just killed people to claim the dead peoples property and the wierd thing is that morally they were never wrong, the inconsistency is a trivia.

The scummiest people in the world are very obviously very comfortable with saying 'my lived experience says you're bad and I'm default', ideology can and actively should trump that shite.

Vitamin P fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 30, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

whatever

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i think policing has gone downhill since they cancelled the bill

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

if anything the protests should be "bring back the bill"

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
That whitewash paper on Britain being the best ever country for racism is a loving godsend to the worst people

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I'm a page late on this but what the gently caress

Literally what is the justification for this

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Convex posted:

I'm a page late on this but what the gently caress

Literally what is the justification for this
I’m sure they’ll eventually cave to pressure and invent one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bloodly posted:

That won't help. They're as bad if not worse.

Aramoro posted:

Big 'At least when Biden makes concentration camps he does it nicely' energy from this post.

:eng99:

OwlFancier posted:

I think the joke is more that the same behaviour that the news will decry as unspeakable despotism is entirely cool and good when done by our brave boys. Not that tesseraction is actually wanting the US to liberate the UK.

yes this

Lungboy posted:

She's since done a 180 and is now very much in favour of decriminalisation of sex work after talking to sex workers about it, rather than her previous view of making it illegal to pay for sex.

Oh huh, well I'm very happy to stand corrected.