Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remember when trump was gonna ban tik tok the just like didnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Blowjob Overtime posted:

https://twitter.com/JimVandeHei/status/1376911318448492544

Not surprising. Probably a net positive that he would be self-quarantining to one station and not being reported on anymore?

I remember Jason Chaffetz did this same thing but at Fox News. Can't remember hearing his name since so yes please Matt, step gleefully into irrelevance.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hey Coach Kim, your team just got owned by UConn after you allowed a 19-0 run and didn't call a timeout, what are your thoughts on that?

https://twitter.com/ReinaObra/status/1376804871106625536?s=19

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Vine got destroyed for no reason I can understand after it was eaten by a super corperation

because jack is a nazi and vine was used primarily by minorities?

Really it was just because it was a competitor to parts of twitter that made money and they had trouble monetizing it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

seiferguy posted:

Hey Coach Kim, your team just got owned by UConn after you allowed a 19-0 run and didn't call a timeout, what are your thoughts on that?

Maybe she’s spiteful that they lost and wants the winners to die.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'll have the amazing blazing pound of fries.

No, that is not for the table.

Yes, I brought my own small shovel.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

dude has been angling for a media career basically from the second he ended up in office. good riddance and get the gently caress out

Monkey paw curls, Laura Loomer takes over the seat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Vine got destroyed for no reason I can understand after it was eaten by a super corperation

They couldn't figure out how to monetize it. Tik Tok is subsidized by the Chinese government as a vehicle for spying.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Laughing my rear end off at this, but also feeling like that half that kid's DMs will need to be shared with the FBI.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mr. Nice! posted:

because jack is a nazi and vine was used primarily by minorities?

Really it was just because it was a competitor to parts of twitter that made money and they had trouble monetizing it.

lol can't monotize vine

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Blowjob Overtime posted:

https://twitter.com/JimVandeHei/status/1376911318448492544

Not surprising. Probably a net positive that he would be self-quarantining to one station and not being reported on anymore?

Can’t get over how absolutely cartoonish dude looks, like Max Headroom or The Weeknd when he did the over-the-top plastic surgery but

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I still can’t get over how weird the Nestor saga was

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

seiferguy posted:

I’d be surprised if what she’s saying wasn’t already the plan, if not explicitly and in so many words.

Like, they’re probably still testing but I have a hard time believing a result that would result in a Final Four cancellation wouldn’t just end up in the trash, one way or another.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 30, 2021

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

That Mozz Stick Melter and the fries look p drat good.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

General Dog posted:

I’d be surprised if what she’s saying wasn’t already the plan, if not explicitly and in so many words.

Like, they’re probably still testing but I have a hard time believing a result that would result in a Final Four cancellation wouldn’t just end up in the trash, one way or another.

Yeah, there’s no way they give up a Final Four game unless a kid is actively showing symptoms on the court

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’ve never been to a Fridays and I imagine it’s about as mediocre as Applebee’s or Chili’s, but I want all of that on a table in front of me right now.

Luckily the only Friday’s nearby didn’t survive Covid and it looks like it’s going to be some kinda crab shack which I can’t wait to try.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well had my annual review and that went better than expected. Glad it went so well because I was seriously thinking about quitting this job just a few months ago, and at least some positive news is making me feel better about staying.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Freaquency posted:

Can’t get over how absolutely cartoonish dude looks, like Max Headroom or The Weeknd when he did the over-the-top plastic surgery but

He's like the irl version of the creature you get in Black and White looking more good or evil depending on how it acts. He's morphing into a caricature of a FYGM right-wing pundit.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm not a picky eater by any means but when it comes to lowbrow chain restaurants Applebee's is the absolute worst

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I loved TGI Fridays as a picky-eating 8 year old. Now it's somewhere I would go to exhausted at the end of the day business traveling if it was attached to the hotel.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I was invited to join my after-college roommate on a trip to the Nebraska/Texas A&M game. I was appalled when they insisted on going to an Outback for dinner rather than literally any of the BBQ joints around.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

T-Square posted:

I’ve never been to a Fridays and I imagine it’s about as mediocre as Applebee’s or Chili’s,

Pretty much, yes. Buffalo Wild Wings is also trying to muscle its way into that space: Fast-casual dine-in with enough menu variety to be inoffensive but not such a huge menu that they have to carry an impossible and ludicrous amount of frozen food inventory.

The secret to those places is to never, ever order a steak. They're par-cooked and tossed on a hot plate to finish them off. :barf:

But otherwise, yes, those places are aggressively mediocre, but they were also fine back when I was traveling a ton for work and living on a pretty crummy per diem. The burgers, pastas and appetizers are all perfectly acceptable.

Although Applebee's rib tips did once cause my ex-wife to unfortunately have a bad run of GI issues (though I'm convinced she had norovirus). That was a very fun night.

Then again, if you're living in Iowa, the land of meat and potatoes, and you go to loving Applebee's for rib tips, you deserve what you get.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I'm not a picky eater by any means but when it comes to lowbrow chain restaurants Applebee's is the absolute worst

Agreed 100%, never had a good dining experience at Applebees.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I rate Chili’s higher than Applebee’s.

Applebee’s is really bad.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I know what I'm about, son.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Chili's rules. They have the best drink deals. Well at least the one by my old college did. Not sure if they still do it..

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ehud posted:

I rate Chili’s higher than Applebee’s.

Applebee’s is really bad.

Of the nationwide fast-casual chains, Chili's is probably the "best," followed by Outback. Buffalo Wild Wings used to be perfectly acceptable, but they changed wing suppliers (the wings are just tiny now), have changed some of their sauces and the prices have gotten absolutely absurd.

I still put their Spicy Garlic sauce on drat near everything.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Y'know I didn't know I needed a Bashir and Jake episode, yet here we are

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Manoueverable posted:

The answer, as usual, is "please, please, PLEASE just read another goddamn book"

Hot Take:

Harry Potter is fine. It’s got problematic poo poo, it’s not high art. It’s fun kiddo lit. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

LeeMajors posted:

Hot Take:

Harry Potter is fine. It’s got problematic poo poo, it’s not high art. It’s fun kiddo lit. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Like Star Wars

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It’s a running joke between my gf and i when we’ve both had a poo poo shift that, instead of cooking, we’ll just “go and gently caress up a Chili’s.”

Gimme that southwest chicken club and keep the two dollar drafts coming.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gonna Pratchetize the vaccines in the same annoying way for a smaller fan base. Hmmm....

Pfizer: The Wizards
Moderna: The Witches
J&J: Death
Astrazeneca: The Watch

Sputnik: The Patrician?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I don’t know why you would go to one of the chains when there is more than likely a local place serving burgers, wings, etc. that are just as good somewhere close by. They’re always mediocre at absolute best and often worse. I went to one of those places for breakfast with my SO’s grandparents once and ordered a side of fruit with my omelet - I got a sliver of cantaloupe that was about a quarter inch thick and a single strawberry. Chains are the worst.

e: I couldn’t remember what restaurant it was when I posted but I found it. gently caress O’Charley’s forever

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 30, 2021

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I hate a fuckton of Applebee's my freshman year because my friends and I all collectively decided many times at 9pm we wanted happy hour. Many Buffalo wings and nachos were eaten.

Suffice to say I don't really ever feel like eating there ever again!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/1377013816425394180?s=21

yep

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

He should run for senate.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1377014693496287234

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I hate a fuckton of Applebee's my freshman year because my friends and I all collectively decided many times at 9pm we wanted happy hour. Many Buffalo wings and nachos were eaten.

Suffice to say I don't really ever feel like eating there ever again!

I love this Freudian autocorrect.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

lol that poor man hasn't he suffered enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

lol that poor man hasn't he suffered enough?

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1377015813153120256