Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I remember Shatner judo throwing Lawler

Is that the only thing he did with Vince?

Pretty sure he beat the poo poo out of Road Dogg once to promote Tek War.

Edit: Every new page should start with a mention of Tek War.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

fatherofmustard posted:

If anyone deserves to be in the celebrity wing it's Limp Bizkit

What you really want is koRn

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DO TEK AND DIE

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

fatherofmustard posted:

If anyone deserves to be in the celebrity wing it's Limp Bizkit

Only if they induct the guy who won the photoshop contest and just put himself on a a Bizkit album cover

Vagabundo posted:

Pretty sure he beat the poo poo out of Road Dogg once to promote Tek War.

Edit: Every new page should start with a mention of Tek War.

How else will the children learn about Tek War

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

will borchert its your time to shine

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

God I remember now why I always drift away from it again after like a week of checking out the network, cos I end up rediscovering what a toxic and horrible working environment WWE is from reading threads like this, and how most of the wrestlers are treated like poo poo and basically exploited, it tinges all the colourful pageantry with a dark sadness making it impossible to enjoy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i mean the shows also suck poo poo

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Why would you watch the show, Phal?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I mean I would say this is a direct result of the culture there surely.

I just watch the highly rated matches on the PPVs without engaging in the storylines or whatever anyway but yeah, knowing almost everyone in WWE is basically miserable and running down the clock is pretty depressing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gh0stpinballa posted:

I mean I would say this is a direct result of the culture there surely.

I just watch the highly rated matches on the PPVs without engaging in the storylines or whatever anyway but yeah, knowing almost everyone in WWE is basically miserable and running down the clock is pretty depressing.

Have you considered watching the good promotions instead?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I apologize for this question in advance, but I’m just curious as I don’t actually know the answer and I think about this in terms of diversity and inclusion and building a culture for the entire company being that their talent roster is diverse...

Does WWE have any persons of color in their corporate leadership? Basically, are they diverse here?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Cerebral Bore posted:

Have you considered watching the good promotions instead?

I have started to watch AEW, it's very good.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
think watching WWE programming isn't harmful to your health?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeF47wa-BUY

Neurodamage and death are inevitable. Watch WWE and die

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did you know wwe has mandatory ImPACT™ Testing

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The "lead-in from Raw" statement is dumb as hell but it's not unrealistic to think they'll get more viewers willing/remembering to tune in from saying Tomorrow Night on NXT compared to Wednesday Night on NXT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

The WOR recap was unclear as to if Hurt Business disbanded or if they just kicked out Cedric and Shelton and replaced them with King Corbin

Bryan Alvarez (the correct one) was very clear they replaced the untalented geek losers with King Corbin.

Also the real reason WWE cancelled third parties was to rob us of this:

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1376963572677320705

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ICR posted:

I apologize for this question in advance, but I’m just curious as I don’t actually know the answer and I think about this in terms of diversity and inclusion and building a culture for the entire company being that their talent roster is diverse...

Does WWE have any persons of color in their corporate leadership? Basically, are they diverse here?

Bruce Pritchard used to be red.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

I have started to watch AEW, it's very good.

Hello Gh0st good too see you. You are making a good choice their.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ICR posted:

What does your heart tell you?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

1glitch0 posted:

Bruce Pritchard used to be red.
Was Brother Love supposed to have really high blood pressure or something?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
It really bothers me that the bookings for WWE always revolves around complaining to the manager that requires vignettes with people yelling at Adam Pearce and they have to show him 'making poo poo up' during the entire episode

Adam Pearce was a booker for ROH in the past so he probably knows this is a poo poo way to do it too lmao, I wonder if he talks to Colt Cabana about it on his off-time

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Was Brother Love supposed to have really high blood pressure or something?

he was spoofing a stereotypical 80s style televangelist that always seemed like they were gonna pop a blood vessel during fire and brimstone sermons

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Astro7x posted:

What does your heart tell you?

Oh friend, I know the answer but I was hoping I was wrong because I’m wrong a lot and I know this!

Kinda explains a lot of things we hear about, especially from the Andrade interview which I’m shocked is barely getting any coverage anywhere on social media.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://nypost.com/2021/03/29/wwe-wrestlemania-37-rhea-ripley-on-asuka-match-flair-threat/

quote:

Rhea Ripley on waiting to debut: “My last few weeks have just been in catering. I’ve just been going to the Raw, just chilling in catering, not really knowing what was really going on with me or what they had planned. I just was eating too much and that’s pretty much how it went for like weeks.”

Already not giving a gently caress. You love to see it.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Do WWE wrestlers have to pay for their own food in catering?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jesus loving Christ that's depressing. Like, I know we always hear about "sitting in catering" but it always felt like a bit of a euphemism for someone just not being used. But to hear someone actually say "I just was eating too much and that’s pretty much how it went for like weeks." is just patently insane. What a loving miserable company, god drat.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

Hello Gh0st good too see you. You are making a good choice their.

Ahoy Suplex, hope you're good

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It would've been so easy to book Rhea vs. Asuka well but instead they called her up without any intention of using her until their Plan A and Plan B fell through and now they're going back to their standby of "CAN THEY COEXIST?" as a feud builder. What miserable loving booking.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Jesus loving Christ that's depressing. Like, I know we always hear about "sitting in catering" but it always felt like a bit of a euphemism for someone just not being used. But to hear someone actually say "I just was eating too much and that’s pretty much how it went for like weeks." is just patently insane. What a loving miserable company, god drat.

Even McDonald's let's you call in for your schedule. If WWE was a McDonalds they would expect every employee to just come into the restaurant and gently caress around until the manager randomly decided it was their shift now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1377007630376312837?s=20

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Pylons posted:

It would've been so easy to book Rhea vs. Asuka well but instead they called her up without any intention of using her until their Plan A and Plan B fell through and now they're going back to their standby of "CAN THEY COEXIST?" as a feud builder. What miserable loving booking.

Everything about this company is just lazy auto booking and it really has been for years. At one point my WWE brainworms would have just accepted it as the way things were but with AEW showing how things could be presented so much better I just can’t give a gently caress about the way WWE does things.

For example, I watched Smackdown last Friday. This was the first full WWE show o had watched in 16 months. I normally just see quick clips online or maybe a few minutes of raw while I fold laundry but I thought I’d give Smackdown a shot since I had nothing else going on and the impression I had from WOR was that Smackdown was a decent show lately. But watching it now it made me realize why I can’t stand it. It’s not even just the angles or who they choose to use or not use but the entire show needs a complete overhaul.

It started out with Daniel Bryan doing a promo, then a commercial break, then a recap of pretty much the entire promo, then Adam Pearce coming out, then more recap, then backstage sketches, then more recaps, and finally at 26 minutes in we got our first match...which went into commercials almost immediately. I know they’ve done this poo poo for years but it’s remarkable how terrible and boring it is now that there is a mainstream alternative to WWE.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1377011412829155336

drat son

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

jesus christ

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
santa maria

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

loving hell call the morgue

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It started out with Daniel Bryan doing a promo, then a commercial break, then a recap of pretty much the entire promo, then Adam Pearce coming out, then more recap, then backstage sketches, then more recaps, and finally at 26 minutes in we got our first match...which went into commercials almost immediately. I know they’ve done this poo poo for years but it’s remarkable how terrible and boring it is now that there is a mainstream alternative to WWE.

My favorite thing about Dynamite is that I can't ever remember the show starting with a long promo and not a match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ooooof

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope Ricochet sees that tweet

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
i hope he feels bad too

Adbot