Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They're doing a rebalance pass on items. It is pretty wonky that you can currently break over half of all games if you're prepared to put the time to grind every floor out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I hope they rebalance the super meat boy/super bandage girl unlocks, trying to get them without some level of breaking run is miserable - you basically just have to grind with Lilith.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
That all sounds great but I'm most excited to hear Mewgenics is still in the works.

I wonder if Camdrone was or had anything to do with the canceled horror/Snap game.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/250900?emclan=103582791436265228&emgid=3032584660758395998

Just a complete (?) list of what's in Isaac post-Repentance... And a hidden picture....

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Psychedelicatessen posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/250900?emclan=103582791436265228&emgid=3032584660758395998

Just a complete (?) list of what's in Isaac post-Repentance... And a hidden picture....

If you mess with the image darkness you get this

Also

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 26, 2021

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Curse of Darkness buff looking bad.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that's a lotta enemies

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

IUG posted:

Curse of Darkness buff looking bad.

Joking aside, have they mentioned anything about changing up the curses at all? I've not been paying too much attention to what they've announced because a) I'll buy it anyway, and b) theres no current date for PS4 release, so no point getting too excited yet anyway. The curses are a lot higher up my wishlist of possible fixes than stuff like "rebalancing curse of the tower", they are just rarely interesting or challenging in a fun way, and mainly just a waste of the players time.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Agreed on the curses, curse of the labyrinth owns tho

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Absolutely hard agree. Its the one I would keep pretty much unchanged!

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Huh, that looks kinda like a new design for Edith, a cut Antibirth character. Since that "17+ playable characters" definitely hints at a hidden character, they might actually implement her, which could get kind of crazy if they stick to the original plan for that character.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

i liked it until i realized it robbed you of a potential devil deal

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Carpator Diei posted:

Huh, that looks kinda like a new design for Edith, a cut Antibirth character. Since that "17+ playable characters" definitely hints at a hidden character, they might actually implement her, which could get kind of crazy if they stick to the original plan for that character.

What was the original plan for that character?

Edit: Oh you probably mean the teleporting thing listed on the wiki not that there was some other plan before that.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Edit: Oh you probably mean the teleporting thing listed on the wiki not that there was some other plan before that.
Yes, that's what I meant. If they actually manage to make a character with that movement style not entirely miserable to play, I'll be seriously impressed.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Excited (?) for 234 new achievements

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

After this there's a decent chance I'll have spent more time in my life playing the various Isaacs than any other single thing...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

After this there's a decent chance I'll have spent more time in my life playing the various Isaacs than any other single thing...

For me it is only beaten by Warframe, a game I've been playing for a decade and won't stop any time soon.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

drat, that's been around a lot longer than I had thought.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yes!

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1375543409163780103?s=20

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

drat, that's been around a lot longer than I had thought.

Technically eight years but I was lucky enough to start playing it in beta and stuck with it ever since (with 6 months off every now and then).

With all the changes coming to BOI, it may rocket to the top of my list.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-tWNv5EJkU

'If we'd added critical hits we'd also have to add critical fails and I know something like that would piss you off to no end'

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Utero finally has a unique music track to set it apart from The Womb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC1IrRc6nlA

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
It took me years to realize they were 2 different things.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Man I can't wait for this!! I'm getting excited now.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I'm eager to get back into the swing of things with this game, with a lot of the older items getting changes here and there it's gonna be like a whole new playthrough.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.
I can't wait. Looking forward to starting clean and unlocking everything even after like 500 hours on various platforms.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Zedlic posted:

I can't wait. Looking forward to starting clean and unlocking everything even after like 500 hours on various platforms.

i wish i was dead

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.
It's just such a solid unit of fun for me. Can't tell you how many times I've scanned my Steam library looking for something interesting and then "gently caress it I'll just do an Isaac run".

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i bought it fellas

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

What actual time is this supposed to drop? Midnight?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Looks like 9pm PST today but I would bet on 10am tomorrow.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

It unlocks at 12 PST or 3am for EST

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bullshit! How come they get it sooner :D

Guess I'll set my alarm for 3!

I'm almost as excited for this as I was for when Rebirth originally came out. I wasn't as excited for Afterbirth or +, for them it was more like "oh cool more stuff". And of course + arguably made the game worse.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 30, 2021

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ArfJason posted:

i bought it fellas

:same:
it's almost time...

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
One final blog post, with an FAQ that doesn't really reveal anything new:

Edmund McMillen posted:

Repentance launches in 12 hours!!!!! i thought it was best to do an indepth FAQ since there tends to be a lot of questions when it comes to Repentance...

Q: When does Repentance launch?
A: 12 hours from this post, doesn't matter where you are in the world, in 12 hours it will be set live.

Q: Do i need all previous DLCs to play Repentance?
A: YES, you need Rebirth, Afterbirth AND Afterbirth+ in order to purchase and play Repentance.

Q: Is Repentance just the Antibirth mod?
A: NO, Repentance features an updated version of Antibirth with tons of new content that basically double the content that the mod featured, not to mention 100s of updates to gameplay, items music and art!

Q: Is Repentance coming to console?
A: YES! Repentance will be coming to Switch, Ps4, Ps5 and Xbox! the game is actively being ported now and should have a staggered release started later this year. ( special edition retail version of the full collection are also in the works! )

Q: Are mods supported in Repentance?
A: Not at launch, mod support will be disabled for a bit, but will be supported again in an update coming soon.

Q: I see Repentance has co-op, is this online co-op or local?
A: technically its local ( meaning 2-4 players using the same pc ) but you can make it online via Steams Remote Play Function .

Q: Should i continue off an existing save or start a new save when playing Repentance?
A: if you want to see new mid/late game content, continue off an old save, a lot of the more beefy aspects of the DLC appear more mid-late game, a lot of stuff will appear early as well but if you are looking to experience more new content i recommend playing off of an existing save.

Q: Is this the final DLC for isaac!? IS ISAAC REALLY FINISHED!
A: Yes, this will be the last DLC we release for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. the game will continue to be supported obviously, but its time to close the book on this 10 year project.

Q: how much of the old game has been changed? will i like the changes?
A: A LOT has been changed, there are literaly 100s of updates to nearly all aspects of the game, youll love some, hate others but in the end youll have a much better experience over all.

Q: Will it release on MAC?
A: No, here is a good example of why.

Q: how do you play local co-op? is it on the same keyboard.
Q: no, you need to buy a gamepad or 3 :)

Q: how do i start a co-op game? and are the old floating babies gone?
A: hit start on a gamepad in the start room to add a 2nd player for true co-op. hit start on a gamepad outside of the start room to spawn a baby and play classic co-op.

Q: is Repentance The Binding of isaac 2?
A: no, bit its close... its like isaac 1.9.

Q: will we get booster packs like we did before?
A: no.

Q: will the game be updated more post release?
A: the game will obviously feature bug fixes and balance updates, we may also do a few random updates with some rework for things like items/thevoid/delerium eventually but nothing is set in stone yet.

Q: whats next for isaac?
A: there will be a mega kickstarter in june that will feature TONS of Isaac swag as well as a mega expansion to the binding of isaac card game Four Souls... sign up here for the mailing list to get bonus extras and be notified!

12 HOURS REMAIN!
-Edmund

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 30, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress poo poo gently caress do I start a new file??!?!?!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

i managed to 100% one save and i’m debating leaving it untouched and starting over or working off it. i think it will come down to whether they change the icon art

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

According to Edmund, Repentence is best if you play on a 100(0000)% file first and then move on to a fresh file later

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
No kids means no more item info mod for now. Oh well. Im gonna start off with a fresh save slot I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Fresh one for me, too. Might as well really dig into the full experience since I haven't replayed for awhile.