Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

bean mom posted:

caster is so incredibly endearing :3:

I’m growing to realize that the best attribute in wrestling is not “muscled” or “badass,” it’s “genuinely weird”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Reynolds is so solid.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

I’m growing to realize that the best attribute in wrestling is not “muscled” or “badass,” it’s “genuinely weird”

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

The TRENT? Factor.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

:yeah:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Kenny Omega is the best wrestler in the world cause he's all three at once.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

John Silver vs Anthony Bowens in a hypeman off!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

bit of wrestling is always appreciated

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

for whatever reason the beaver boys remind me of the hart foundation

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
this match a bit too sloppy to be the last one imo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Flawless sequence

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Got just a litttlleeee lost on that sequence

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

this is a low stakes banger

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

THE DOUBLE FAKE OUT

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

bean mom posted:

for whatever reason the beaver boys remind me of the hart foundation

purple hart and an anvil wot can work, i see it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Was not expecting a Platinum Max win here

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fun match!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Huh!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Nooooo Reynolds

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Was not expecting a Platinum Max win here

Really?????

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

More KiLynn King dancing.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
This is why you always have at least three gimmicks deep at ringside.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

max u weirdo

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

AWWW THAT WAS IT??? booo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So does Kris Stat make an unannounced return after this tag match.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

bean mom posted:

AWWW THAT WAS IT??? booo

tight 90 minutes.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I kinda like the "Get more and more items" cheating. I hope it escalates and they just get more and more items. Boombox stopped, chain stopped, if that doesn't work take off your sneaks, maybe start hitting them with mixtapes

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Omg the little animation for the arcade anarchy

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

karmicknight posted:

So does Kris Stat make an unannounced return after this tag match.

Or during, if Penelope gets involved!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1377049462812643329

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I was talking about the Conti/Shida tag team, but I guess Arcade Anarchy also offers a return point for the galaxy's greatest alien.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

karmicknight posted:

I was talking about the Conti/Shida tag team, but I guess Arcade Anarchy also offers a return point for the galaxy's greatest alien.

As long as it's tomorrow... :pray:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ToBeMiro/status/1377060995303022598?s=20

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
I admittedly haven't watched a ton of NXT lately, but I feel like Dark and Elevation are much better designed to get newer talent over. It has a nice, casual, relaxing atmosphere, and long, semi-competitive job matches with the built-up idea that getting your first win is the hardest thing to do next to winning a title giving every match at least a small amount of stakes. I understand why they premiere it when they do, but it has a real "afternoon watch" vibe to it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

punchdaily posted:

I admittedly haven't watched a ton of NXT lately, but I feel like Dark and Elevation are much better designed to get newer talent over. It has a nice, casual, relaxing atmosphere, and long, semi-competitive job matches with the built-up idea that getting your first win is the hardest thing to do next to winning a title giving every match at least a small amount of stakes. I understand why they premiere it when they do, but it has a real "afternoon watch" vibe to it.

I don't really understand it. I presume there's a report on someone's desk that nobody watches wrestling on a weekend afternoon. I really don't understand why all AEW shows are on consecutive days.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mr. Squishy posted:

I don't really understand it. I presume there's a report on someone's desk that nobody watches wrestling on a weekend afternoon. I really don't understand why all AEW shows are on consecutive days.

Chris Harrington almost certainly has a spreadsheet regarding this.

I also imagine they want to keep Thur-Sat show for the second cable show and Total Nightmares.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

it's cool, i'm cool with it, very cool, no problems here

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what was the commentary about the ref and his alias or something during the chaos project match that made ex snort

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the acclaimed are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

graph posted:

what was the commentary about the ref and his alias or something during the chaos project match that made ex snort

Paul Turner reffed a match between Bear Bronson and Bear Boulder, against the Butcher, the Blade, and the Bunny. Ex and Taz renamed him Baul Burner.