Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The aerial CB move is insanely dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mailer posted:

Hopefully the end doesn't turn out to be charm hell and behemoth-style bosses and all the bad parts of previous games.

Thinking about Behemoth makes me just a little sad. Fighting it was such a chore; but aesthetically, i mean, look at it

that is a gaze that clearly and with malice aforethought says you are dead, little human more than any other monster I've seen yet, and I love it, trailer or not :allears:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 31, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Huh, there's an augment on some late-game weapons that I'm really curious about. Specifically, the Azure Elder weapons. One of the Rampage skills you can put on them is called Ibushi Soul and it increases your attack power for every piece of armor in the same set that you wear. Assuming I'm reading that right and it's not a specific set, I'm curious how much it increases attack power per piece. Could be interesting to have a weapon that encourages wearing a full set to get the most out of it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

The internet has led me to believe that Monster Broth is a material that exists but I've been killing insects on a high rank expedition for like a half hour and haven't seen one, so someone just tell me they're fake so I can move on

Are you killing them with your weapon or with poison bombs? Cuz if it's the latter, the desire sensor hates you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

Volvidon armor set was made for switch axe, it's real good.

sweet, I'll take a look!

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Loving how I can just uppercut through some monster attacks with Metsu Shoryugeki; including Khezu's AoE move!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I have yet to try SnS in Rise. Not for lack of wanting to, I just keep getting distracted by e.g. RocketLance :v:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Join requested into the urgent hub Rampage like a second before it finished :/ They really shouldn't have given me credit for that

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Deified Data posted:

Join requested into the urgent hub Rampage like a second before it finished :/ They really shouldn't have given me credit for that

Same but rampage is boring IMO so I was p happy about it.

Does anyone else think its way too loving busy with 4 hunters and 4 buddies? Palamutes especially are just so visually all over the place it's v. distracting and I really hate it?? I kinda wish once you were over 2 hunters you could ride your palamute and then it hosed off cuz it's actually turning me off multiplayer.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Hammer bros what hr armor you guys wearing? I know this samurai set isn’t going to last me forever.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is there any visual cue that infernal melody is charged? Because if so I'll just turn off weapon info entirely when I run hunting horn. There's just no reason for so much of the screen to be filled with the song list, when there are only three songs per horn and every song is just "button press, twice". It's so annoying.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Social Animal posted:

Hammer bros what hr armor you guys wearing? I know this samurai set isn’t going to last me forever.

anjanath set seems tailor-made for hammer.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Tender Bender posted:

Is there any visual cue that infernal melody is charged? Because if so I'll just turn off weapon info entirely when I run hunting horn. There's just no reason for so much of the screen to be filled with the song list, when there are only three songs per horn and every song is just "button press, twice". It's so annoying.

The purple circular meter right by your sharpness bar is the Infernal Melody meter.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Magna Kaser posted:

Same but rampage is boring IMO so I was p happy about it.

Does anyone else think its way too loving busy with 4 hunters and 4 buddies? Palamutes especially are just so visually all over the place it's v. distracting and I really hate it?? I kinda wish once you were over 2 hunters you could ride your palamute and then it hosed off cuz it's actually turning me off multiplayer.
For any of the smaller monsters its way too much, it stops bothering me on anything bigger than like a Barroth though

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Lol @ that Kotaku article’s insinuation that doing anything in Destiny is straightforward

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

is there any way to execute the infernal melody besides immediately following a trio?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

is there any way to execute the infernal melody besides immediately following a trio?

You can do it after a SLide Beat.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I beat Magnamolo
He is very cool

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Got blast dash and learned the timing for sharpening counter and :blastback: :hellyeah: :blaster:

hmm the monster is not immediately adjacent to me how unfortunate for him

made grenade launcher 2, the option to just auto-pilot on normal 1s that triple burst and hit as well as real weapons/ammo on soft spots is divine. the double tap sticky 1s are icing on the cake

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Augus posted:

I beat Magnamolo
He is very cool

I use carvings from its body to dress up my cat

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just did baby’s first Rampage and I think it’s all right! Reminds me of the Zorah Magdaros missions in World, only more involved and you aren’t beating up Geriatric Godzilla

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Unless posted:

I use carvings from its body to dress up my cat

gonna need to farm him to make me the doggo and the cat all professional edgelords

also I was not expecting to fight this guy before rathalos lol

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I love everything about every switch skill the hammer has.

https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1377117985597386760?s=20

Anjanath charging at you? Not for long.

Maxxim
Mar 10, 2007

You're overcome by an indescribably odd sensation...!

Deified Data posted:

Anyone getting any use out of feral demon mode? It's a fun gimmick but the damage doesn't seem worth the hit to stamina from dodging

You also get +18% ATK while in feral demon mode (not sure how it stacks with attack boosts). That alone makes me use it, though I do miss my movement speed.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

This game is wacky.

https://twitter.com/SamFaustus/status/1377101512652976130?s=20

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Whoever mentioned 2 levels of evade extender was right, that amount of rolling around is addicting. It's also extremely good on bow for getting into orange range quickly.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Magnamalo was a really cool fight. I started the fight by running both Izuchi and Rathian into him respectively and had his tail chopped before the fight really even began. He got into a turf war with Rathian again near the end and I was able to get another mount in, delivering the killing blew with a tail flip. Excited to see how they spice this fight up in the future because even in LR I can tell he's got the makings of a really difficult monster.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

I just wish HH had multi button songs again, that felt more satisfying.

Yep, I was excited when I saw echo mode was a thing but there the songs are 1 note lol. At least I still have tons of GU horn to play

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
New to Switch Axe and loving it, even if I don't think I'm particularly good. Are Elemental phials and axes worth it, or should you stick with raw/Power Phial?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Harrow posted:

Any suggestions for a good starter high rank set to make first?

Kulu Chest and gloves might be some good early HR gear for a HH - Maestro, Slugger and some Stamina Thief.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It took me two tries to get a talisman with Flinch Free and it also happened to have a slot so it's almost like I have a flinch free decoration. It'll do for now. Truly one of the most exciting things to have in my talisman slot, free crit eye be damned.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So is there a hard start to HR or does it just begin to roll out after the first credit roll?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Deified Data posted:

So is there a hard start to HR or does it just begin to roll out after the first credit roll?

Nope, if you mean the credits in town you're still in low rank. High Rank is all Hub stuff, and you'll get a quest that lets you skip right to it once you wrap up Village

Edit: It's very funny how early that first credits roll is, honestly

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Inflammatory posted:

anjanath set seems tailor-made for hammer.

Thanks I’ll take a look at that set. I’ve got to say the armor and weapons in this game look so cool that sometimes you just want to go on slick factor alone.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Social Animal posted:

Thanks I’ll take a look at that set. I’ve got to say the armor and weapons in this game look so cool that sometimes you just want to go on slick factor alone.

I immediately went for the Khezu armour and hammer in LR and have no regrets about my gross shiny hunter and his giant mouth-bludgeon.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Social Animal posted:

I'm playing as a female and I wish I could experience crafting or previewing armour and thinking it looks cool.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Evil Eagle posted:

Yep, I was excited when I saw echo mode was a thing but there the songs are 1 note lol. At least I still have tons of GU horn to play

The mode difference is still weird to me. I tried playing the new mode and it feels weird and wrong. I can't explain why though.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
For the life of me I don't understand how HBG does damage. I'm assuming it's basically just "shoot them in the bad spots" and use the correct bullet but i just feel so...ineffective. like with gunlance i can just shell and they take damage basically everywhere which is awesome

hbg just feels kinda bad, maybe it's better once you have the right gear setup for it or something

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Tip for CB: capacity boost is now "load shells" and it works differently than in World and the description is terrible. Two ranks now, the first does nothing for you but the second rank instead of giving you an extra phial it now makes it so that you load all five phials with only yellow gauge. Pretty worth it I think and seems strictly better than focus which I wouldn't use on CB anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What dictates the rate buddy missions and dojo session advance? I assume it's one tick per mission completed.