Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

mcveigh book is in 👁

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

nut posted:

mcveigh book is in 👁

I'm basically finished, maybe 50 pages left. I am not totally happy about the horrible things I have learned.

edit: let me be as clear as I can about this: gently caress.

mdemone has issued a correction as of 04:24 on Mar 30, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1376686699787350016

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

how are we supposed to take this? like, is it the eventual inevitability, or is she no longer adequately protected?

such a strange knot of a story.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mdemone posted:

I mean yeah Jolly West was there, but that's like the icing on the cake. We can try to poke into that but we're all gonna go crazy.

McVeigh was being run by Larry A. Potts, the chief FBI man at Ruby Ridge and also Waco. He called him "the Major" when he told this story to his public defenders on the night he was arraigned. He told the same story to a Death Row friend who wrote two books about it.

He "washed out" of SFAS after coming back from the Gulf (where he had been brutalized and seen brutal things, god help us all)...and then he was suddenly a security guard at Calspan, where PATCON and Northstar were based.

They ran him from the very beginning. They probably even switched the Ryder truck on him, according to him, Nichols, and several witnesses at the motel.

And then there's the leg in the combat boot.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
McVeigh was an exemplary soldier, who followed orders from the chain of command right until his dying breath, IMO

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Here's the real big elephant in the room that I wonder the answer to. What was the FBI investigating in that OKC building at the time? Perhaps any investigations into other branches of government or their officials? Or formal officials turned President? Or what?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Tricky D posted:

the ultra-rich have toilet cams in resolutions that us plebs have never even heard of

nanowave penetrating radar that can analyze the piss still in your bladder from any conceivable position in the cabalist compound envelope out to 40 meters

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Happy Thread posted:

Here's the real big elephant in the room that I wonder the answer to. What was the FBI investigating in that OKC building at the time? Perhaps any investigations into other branches of government or their officials? Or formal officials turned President? Or what?

Hillary

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

mdemone posted:

I'm basically finished, maybe 50 pages left. I am not totally happy about the horrible things I have learned.

give us an overview?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
every few days i read this thread and have a strong "maybe i'll just become the conspiracy guy" thought

the mcveigh stuff is fun

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

is there a good, proper book which gives a decent overview of iran-contra

i feel as though everything i know about it is too fragmented

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

V. Illych L. posted:

is there a good, proper book which gives a decent overview of iran-contra

i feel as though everything i know about it is too fragmented

https://archive.org/details/the-iran-contra-connection-secret-teams-and-covert-operations-in-reagan-era-by-j

nut
Jul 30, 2019

mdemone posted:

so fast! though I’ll admit I haven’t been able to put it down. when I got it, I flipped through it and saw Jose delgado’s name somewhere near the end. I actually got a copy of Delgado’s book where he talks about wanting to install stimoceivers into the brains of half the population of poor neighbours for the purposes of behavioural control so maybe it’ll be time to finally read it afterwards

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Whats the current reading list ?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Horizon Burning posted:

give us an overview?

okay I'll just focus on what Dr. Painting calls the "guilty agent" narrative*. McVeigh himself told this story to at least a few people, including but apparently not limited to his sister (through letters), his public defenders that were initially assigned to his case (in person, the night he was arraigned in Perry and before he was moved to Tinker AFB), and a fellow Death Row inmate in the weeks and months before his execution.

*one of the problems with developing coherent theories of the crime, is that McVeigh is also an unreliable narrator and was the actual source of all the different stories and theories that floated around him during his detainment and trial. However, there are cross-references made by the people above, that they could not have made if McVeigh had not told the same story to all of them, which at least gives us a narrative that hangs together.

and so....

McVeigh as Guilty Agent, in less than 1000 words

ol' Tim, aka Sergeant Mac, aka Tim Tuttle, aka Daryl Bridges, etc. etc. was a racist and his childhood was kinda mediocre, but he was shrewd and an obedient soldier. He was made to do some awful things in the first Gulf War, and he had a ton of vaccinations and shots and experimental poo poo given to him. He was in good health when he went, but his teeth were falling out of his head when he got back.

All poor Timmy wanted was to be Special Forces, and in the official story he takes the SFAS testing almost immediately upon coming home, and washes out because he's physically wiped from the war and not ready for the course, they tell him to come back later.

But he told a different story to the people listed above: that he had been pulled aside by an unkempt man he called "the Major", and told he was now in black ops, to stand by until given orders.

In all narratives, he goes back to upstate NY where he grew up, and gets a job as a security guard at (lmao) Calspan, a major defense weapons/systems contractor in Buffalo. This is where he "meets" Nichols and Fortier, the only other two men ever convicted of being involved in the bombing conspiracy.

(go ahead and Google "Calspan", I'll wait.)

I know, right?

to be continued

nut
Jul 30, 2019

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1377014821741285382?s=20

e:
https://twitter.com/CheriJacobus/status/1102254363018432514?s=20

ee:

nut has issued a correction as of 23:27 on Mar 30, 2021

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Double Agent McVeigh Makes Friends

And oh boy did he make a lot of friends. in December 1992 or thereabouts, Tim gets a call from the Major, and is told he is to head west, ride the gun-show circuit, and build a network of connections. He tells his sister, his mother, a female friend, and a security guard friend at Calspan about the fact he's got to go, he has to go now, he's got his orders, he may not ever be back.

You see, Calspan hosts PATCON and Operation Northstar, which are both tasked with infiltrating right-wing and white-supremacist movements and/or rooting out such beliefs in the National Guard and the armed services. Having been activated, Timmy goes forth to Montana, Idaho, Arizona, Texas, and Elohim City in Arkansas to meet his new friends. We can skip a lot of this because it's public record and not surprising. Basically the bomb plot more or less emerges during this time, as directed by the Major.

On April 19 1993, the Waco siege ends in flames. On the live televised broadcast, McVeigh sees the Major in the background and loses his poo poo hard enough that Terry Nichols remembers it twelve years later.

to be continued

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

seems like this report from earlier was trying to get ahead of it

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1376908308112572418?s=21

e: gently caress lmao this was only 5 days ago

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1375094924882874375?s=21

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Torpor posted:

Whats the current reading list ?
All 653 pages of this thread. Nothing else.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

mdemone posted:

In all narratives, he goes back to upstate NY where he grew up, and gets a job as a security guard at (lmao) Calspan, a major defense weapons/systems contractor in Buffalo. This is where he "meets" Nichols and Fortier, the only other two men ever convicted of being involved in the bombing conspiracy.

I think you mean "meets" as in "met up", but I want to emphasize that all three of the eventual convicted bombers enlisted to the military on the same day from different locations in the US. They were put through basic together in an experimental program that kept the three together through their entire experience starting from day 1, and for three years were not allowed to apply to anything that would have separated them from each other.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

poo poo yeah I forgot they were both in COHORT too

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Happy Thread posted:

I think you mean "meets" as in "met up", but I want to emphasize that all three of the eventual convicted bombers enlisted to the military on the same day from different locations in the US. They were put through basic together in an experimental program that kept the three together through their entire experience starting from day 1, and for three years were not allowed to apply to anything that would have separated them from each other.

mdemone posted:

poo poo yeah I forgot they were both in COHORT too

this is perfect, better to roll it out nice 'n' slow.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

naw gently caress him, it's Pizzagaetz.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

skipping elohim city is madness

its a parable of pure intelligence buffoonery the cohen bros couldve directed

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ex-nixon-official-g-gordon-liddy-dies-at-90/XPSMZ7A3T5BEDHGPMHV4PEZMWM/

RIP to one of the greats

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
i would have gone with convicted felon g gordon libby

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

i sincerely thought this dude died like fifteen years ago

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Do we have any idea who "the major" was or what he looked like at waco?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Janet Reno

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

mdemone posted:

he had been pulled aside by an unkempt man he called "the Major

i like the content this thread generates, but rarely does it result in a solid belly laugh.

speaking of a good laugh, here is everyone's favorite smartest boy making an rear end out of himself on tucker carlson (gotta watch all the clips in the thread). absolute gold.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1377059721044230145

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

gradenko_2000 posted:

RIP to one of the greats
I hope that when I’m pissing on his grave I think I wanna fart but it’s nasty runny diarrhea and I have to take off my poo poo-filled pants and underwear and leave them on his grave for others to provide a good piss target.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

all the wardead caused arlington cemetery to expand into areas that regularly flood so your pidd and poo poo is gonna just mix right in

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.insider.com/jeffrey-epstein-ghislaine-maxwell-threatened-accuser-alligators-2021-3

quote:

A new lawsuit alleges that Jeffrey Epstein raped and sexually abused a woman who he threatened to feed to alligators, as well as have her 8-year-old son deported, if she shared her experience with anyone.

The woman, whose name remains under seal, says Epstein and his associate Ghislaine Maxwell raped and abused her for months in 2008 at his Palm Beach, Florida mansion, according to the lawsuit reviewed by Insider. She was 26 years old at the time but was told to tell people she was 17, the lawsuit says.

The suit says Epstein used his reputation as a well-connected billionaire to sexually traffic the woman to other powerful people — including one person who was identified to the woman as a local judge — and ensure her silence by touting connections with the FBI and ICE.

The lawsuit was filed on March 22 and first reported Tuesday by Julie K. Brown in The Miami Herald. It names Darren K. Indyke and Richard D. Kahn as defendants.

The two men are in charge of managing Epstein's estate, which has paid out tens of millions of dollars to accusers. Justice Department prosecutors in the US Virgin Islands have also indicted Indyke and Kahn, alleging they participated in Epstein's sex-trafficking scheme.

Epstein first pleaded guilty to sex crimes in Florida state court in 2008 and spent only a year in jail under supervised release. Federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York charged him again in 2019 for a wider array of sex-trafficking crimes, but he died by suicide :grin: in jail ahead of trial.

Prosecutors arrested Maxwell in 2020, alleging she participated in Epstein's sex-trafficking scheme and lied about it in a deposition. On Monday, prosecutors filed a superseding indictment against her, saying her sex-trafficking work lasted longer and involved more victims than previously alleged.

A representative for Indyke and Kahn didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment. In a previous statement shared with Insider, they denied any participation in misconduct alleged against Epstein.

'She would end up in this body of water and be devoured by the alligators'
According to the new lawsuit, Maxwell recruited the unnamed woman for a purported job interview at Epstein's Palm Beach home in early 2008. Epstein raped her and forced her to accept $200 in "compensation," the lawsuit says.

When the accuser said she would call the police, Maxwell appeared to call the police herself, according to the lawsuit.

"Shortly thereafter, two individuals, who claimed to be police officers, arrived and threatened to arrest Plaintiff and charge her with prostitution," the lawsuit says. "They also threatened to take her young son away, and have Plaintiff and/or her son deported."

Immediately afterward, Epstein and Maxwell drove the woman and her son to "a large body of water that was infested with alligators" to threaten her, according to the lawsuit.

"Epstein then ushered the Plaintiff to the body of water and told her in explicit detail that, as had happened to other girls in the past, she would end up in this body of water and be devoured by the alligators, should she ever reveal what Epstein had done to her," the lawsuit says, adding the woman worried Epstein would follow through on the threat until she learned he'd died.

Epstein and Maxwell then forced the woman to submit to rape and sexual assault from other men for the next five months, the lawsuit alleges.

Epstein forced the woman to have vaginal surgery and hide his electronics from authorities, the lawsuit says
In May 2008, the lawsuit says Epstein forced the woman to submit "to unwanted and unnecessary vaginal surgery" performed "for the ostensible purpose of tightening her vagina and creating the false impression that she was a virgin for a 'high profile' client."

The procedure was botched, the lawsuit says, leaving the accuser mutilated and disabled.

Epstein also forced the accuser to hide some of his secrets, according to the lawsuit. It alleges in April 2008, ahead of Epstein's plea deal for a separate sex crime, he "compelled Plaintiff to keep in her house a locked box with property that Epstein purportedly owned" before Maxwell picked it up from her a month later.

Epstein forced the woman to hold on to "burner phones, wires, and other electronic devices that Epstein was seeking to conceal from discovery by law enforcement authorities," the lawsuit says.

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 08:40 on Mar 31, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
jesus christ

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
MYSTERY BOXES

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
is there any corroborating evidence? the insider article doesn't seem to mention any.

sadly the detail that caught my eye as sounding unreasonable and believable?

"She was 26 years old at the time", lmao, dark case

edit:
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article250316759.html
sounds more reasonable after julie k brown laid it out ofc

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
It says something about the scale of the operation that this much was done just to blackmail a local judge (without even as much blackmail as the judge thought he was in, since they got her to lie to him about her age), and then they just gave up on her and let her go once the higher profile client didn't work out.

About this Gaetz thing, it seems at first glance like a piece of the operation getting exposed and out of control, but isn't this about what it would look like anyway whenever the operation decides to burn someone acquainted with them who becomes uncooperative?

I always figured that the blackmail tapes option is probably activated all the time, just not by releasing them to the public (the public has never seen one, after all) because that would be unnecessary.

The threat isn't to blow the operation's public cover by posting it to the media/internet or something, but to simply have the agency forward a tape to the FBI with no comment as to how they obtained it, where it is then used to convict the individual in a closed-door fashion with the tapes kept sealed due to being illegal for the courts to publish. The court cases involving pedophilia are probably shuffled around between court officials to prevent pattern recognition -- any cause for any individual investigators to go "Hey all these compromising evidence tapes that keep getting forwarded to us across all these high-profile court cases? They all have matching wallpaper and furniture in the backgrounds and video format and quality. What's going on there, who's filming all these?". Or if anyone does figure it that it's big and tries to report it upstream they're told to keep their mouth shut, of course.

And it just works, the blackmail material gets acted upon in a low-profile manner, the uncooperative individual gets arraigned by the courts, the media slams them as a lone wolf pedo criminal, and they disappear in disgrace without the operation having to risk exposure or change anything up. How many officials have gone down in pedophilia or trafficking cases that would have otherwise been flimsy against them without the added sealed evidence of tapes, which are perhaps never mentioned outside the court case to the public?

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 10:13 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Happy Thread posted:

It says something about the scale of the operation that this much was done just to blackmail a local judge (without even as much blackmail as the judge thought he was in, since they got her to lie to him about her age), and then they just gave up on her and let her go once the higher profile client didn't work out.

About this Gaetz thing, it seems at first glance like a piece of the operation getting exposed and out of control, but isn't this about what it would look like anyway whenever the operation decides to burn someone acquainted with them who becomes uncooperative?

I always figured that the blackmail tapes option is probably activated all the time, just not by releasing them to the public (the public has never seen one, after all) because that would be unnecessary.

The threat isn't to blow the operation's public cover by posting it to the media/internet or something, but to simply have the agency forward a tape to the FBI with no comment as to how they obtained it, where it is then used to convict the individual in a closed-door fashion with the tapes kept sealed due to being illegal for the courts to publish. The court cases involving pedophilia are probably shuffled around between court officials to prevent pattern recognition -- any cause for any individual investigators to go "Hey all these compromising evidence tapes that keep getting forwarded to us across all these high-profile court cases? They all have matching wallpaper and furniture in the backgrounds and video format and quality. What's going on there, who's filming all these?". Or if anyone does figure it that it's big and tries to report it upstream they're told to keep their mouth shut, of course.

And it just works, the blackmail material gets acted upon in a low-profile manner, the uncooperative individual gets arraigned by the courts, the media slams them as a lone wolf pedo criminal, and they disappear in disgrace without the operation having to risk exposure or change anything up. How many officials have gone down in pedophilia or trafficking cases that would have otherwise been flimsy against them without the added sealed evidence of tapes, which are perhaps never mentioned outside the court case to the public?

if that's what's going on here I just hope every single one of em in the future that gets threatened with the tape immediately tweets and goes on tucker about it, just posting through it gaetz style