Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

oh man that looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Rebel Blob posted:

I'm probably just behind the curve, but in case someone else finds this useful: I've found Steam DB's Steam Release Calendar a helpful overlook at what's notable being released on Steam, cutting through the heaps of crap that makes it hard to do so on Steam itself.

Lmao can’t decide if my favorite is “Battle Brothel” or “Defense of the rear end”

E: actually April’s “Paradise Lust” also a strong contender assuming it leans into the pun

Didn’t realize these games were so common or popular ...

tildes fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 31, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Has anyone played enough Evil Genius 2 to say if you liked the first one (one of my favorite games of all time) that you'll enjoy it?

I'm basically just hoping for more of the same.

Orv
May 4, 2011
This is my only real exposure to Kingdom Hearts and I'm fine with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiHufVEc7g

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

twistedmentat posted:

Has anyone played enough Evil Genius 2 to say if you liked the first one (one of my favorite games of all time) that you'll enjoy it?

I'm basically just hoping for more of the same.

It's definitely more of the same! The main complaint of the game (from reviewers) seems to be that it doesn't change enough about the original to be worthy of a sequel. Considering that's pretty much exactly what I wanted this is definitely a plus. I'm only an hour in but it feels great so far.

GMG has it for -23% if that helps make the decision easier :)

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Are there no videogames anymore or does that Steam calendar miss a lot of stuff

Or maybe EGS locked everything up :negative:

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I have a Fanatical code for Evil Genius 2 as well but it's not useful to me. Brings the total discount up to like 25%

9NJQYW8TTqB1cFhRSx

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Codeacious posted:

For each calendar day the most followed game (at least 500) on Steam is selected.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

explosivo posted:

It's definitely more of the same! The main complaint of the game (from reviewers) seems to be that it doesn't change enough about the original to be worthy of a sequel. Considering that's pretty much exactly what I wanted this is definitely a plus. I'm only an hour in but it feels great so far.

GMG has it for -23% if that helps make the decision easier :)

Nice, i just wanted better graphics and more henchmen to recruit, treasures to steal, tech to research and doomsday weapons to blackmail the world with.

Hopefully the discounts will last until Thursday when i get paid again.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

awesmoe posted:

For each calendar day the most followed game (at least 500) on Steam is selected.

That answers the original question but it raises a lot of other questions.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

LA Noire rules, I'm kind of bummed I didn't play it for the decade it's been out, but it's weird that they labeled the Make Cole Scream Nonsense At A Suspect button "Doubt"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Karma Tornado posted:

LA Noire rules, I'm kind of bummed I didn't play it for the decade it's been out, but it's weird that they labeled the Make Cole Scream Nonsense At A Suspect button "Doubt"

My favorite part of the game was the investigation part. walking around the crime scene, looking at clues and trying to piece together what happened. I was never good at the interrogation part though, so I'm pretty sure I sent a few people to the gas chamber that were innocent.

Also post war LA is a great setting for sleezy crime stories.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

tildes posted:

Lmao can’t decide if my favorite is “Battle Brothel” or “Defense of the rear end”

E: actually April’s “Paradise Lust” also a strong contender assuming it leans into the pun

Didn’t realize these games were so common or popular ...

The funny thing is that apparently PC Gamer liked Battle Brothel? Made me curious enough to check the Store, but I noped out at the screenshots.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Karma Tornado posted:

I only learned years later that the labels were referring to what you think about what the interview subject just said, not Cole's response. after that Doubt made more sense, as a bluff-call because you think they're lying but can't prove it (if you could, you'd choose Lie)

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Codeacious posted:

Here are all the releases for today on Steam, not including over a dozen demos. Exactly why that calendar is a useful tool.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ciaphas posted:

I only learned years later that the labels were referring to what you think about what the interview subject just said, not Cole's response. after that Doubt made more sense, as a bluff-call because you think they're lying but can't prove it (if you could, you'd choose Lie)
When they initially shot all the dialogue the options were labelled according to Cole's interview strategy and 'Doubt' was 'Force' - as in, try to force a confession - which is why he always goes straight to 110% on it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

You choose Lie anyways because you can back out of the accusation with no consequences and 95% of the time part of the response from the person you’re interrogating will be something like “How dare you accuse me of lying. To prove I was lying you’d have to have [specific piece of evidence] and you don’t have that!”

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sebmojo posted:

*SECRETS*

[REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED]
[REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED]

I’ve been watching some streamers figure stuff out on the beta branches and yeah, there’s a ton of new secrets (some of which probably aren’t all the way figured out yet).

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

When they initially shot all the dialogue the options were labelled according to Cole's interview strategy and 'Doubt' was 'Force' - as in, try to force a confession - which is why he always goes straight to 110% on it.

Yep, exactly- Truth and Doubt were written and acted as the player explicitly saying that they thought charm or intimidation would be more useful at that juncture, but players couldn't consistently guess which one the game wanted until they changed from charm/force to truth/doubt. (Speaking from my own experience I loved that game, but I could never loving tell. I was pretty good about Lie, but if I didn't have explicit evidence and the NPC wasn't doing some kind of ridiculous gurning, I just threw a dart.)

Unrelated to Cole Phelps: Bipolar Detective, has anyone tried the Bloodhound thingie for theHunter? I'm reading lots of comments that it's really awkward to control and only follows blood trails, which makes me think it's a fun idea with lackluster execution.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!

Rebel Blob posted:

Here are all the releases for today on Steam, not including over a dozen demos. Exactly why that calendar is a useful tool.

I see "Prettty girls teach beefy guys" is finally out

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Omi no Kami posted:

Unrelated to Cole Phelps: Bipolar Detective, has anyone tried the Bloodhound thingie for theHunter? I'm reading lots of comments that it's really awkward to control and only follows blood trails, which makes me think it's a fun idea with lackluster execution.
The controls are contextual so using the touch commands(like pet and play) can be iffy but all the do this or that commands work fine. It does only track blood trails but that is exactly what it says on the tin so :shrug: The only real annoyance I ran into was that sometimes it will push you around or get in your shot if you don't tell it to sit or lie down.

Short version not super useful if you've played enough to not need to track wounded animals often but it's only 3-4 dollars and having a dog is just nice.

Edit: Also there is some kind of dog-related intermittent crash bug but that will probably be fixed.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Mar 31, 2021

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Hub Cat posted:

The controls are contextual so using the touch commands(like pet and play) can be iffy but all the do this or that commands work fine. It does only tracks blood trails but that is exactly what it says on the tin so :shrug: The only real annoyance I ran into was that sometimes it will push you around or get in your shot if you don't tell it to sit or lie down.

Short version not super useful if you've played enough to not need to track wounded animals often but it's only 3-4 dollars and having a dog is just nice.

Hmkay cool, I'll probably pick it up next time I feel a hankering to go ping some deer or poo poo... thanks!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Well, I'm replaying through Disco Elysium.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
When do you get to unlock the mid-tier research options in Evil Genius 2? I'm up to after the test-firing of the M.I.D.A.S. Device in Max's campaign. and badly in need of the upgrades.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The Binding of Isaac: Repentance is out now.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Hub Cat posted:

The controls are contextual so using the touch commands(like pet and play) can be iffy but all the do this or that commands work fine. It does only track blood trails but that is exactly what it says on the tin so :shrug: The only real annoyance I ran into was that sometimes it will push you around or get in your shot if you don't tell it to sit or lie down.

Edit: Also there is some kind of dog-related intermittent crash bug but that will probably be fixed.

Steam Thread: some kind of dog-related intermittent crash bug

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I got Control from the Humble Monthly, but it's just the base game, not Ultimate. Is the Season Pass the only difference? And is it worth it?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Control DLC adds about 4 hours of story content and some replayable game modes. How worth it that is to you will depend on how much you like the game to begin with, so you should just start there before deciding to get the DLC. It's all intended to be post-game content anyway.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

exquisite tea posted:

The Control DLC adds about 4 hours of story content and some replayable game modes. How worth it that is to you will depend on how much you like the game to begin with, so you should just start there before deciding to get the DLC. It's all intended to be post-game content anyway.

Perfect, thanks. I love when DLC is post game.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Humerus posted:

Perfect, thanks. I love when DLC is post game.
Well, half of it is. The other half is integrated into the main game area (it's an entire extra floor based on Alan Wake) and is meant to be tackled mid-game. I'd start with everything included off the bat. Also, the total length of both DLCs is waaay longer than 4hrs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

When do you get to unlock the mid-tier research options in Evil Genius 2? I'm up to after the test-firing of the M.I.D.A.S. Device in Max's campaign. and badly in need of the upgrades.

Worked out when you get the second set of Research unlocks; It's when you can get Biologists.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The Joe Man posted:

Well, half of it is. The other half is integrated into the main game area (it's an entire extra floor based on Alan Wake) and is meant to be tackled mid-game. I'd start with everything included off the bat. Also, the total length of both DLCs is waaay longer than 4hrs.

I don't really think that's true, given that the DLC storyline follows up on the loose threads concerning the origin of the Hiss and ends with what is essentially a teaser for Alan Wake 2. Each of the new areas took me about 2 hours to clear, then a couple more for the completionist stuff. There's no reason you can't start Control and assess how much you're enjoying it before buying the season pass.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The control season pass is on sale for 6 bucks and change on Humble Store right now, so I’d say if you like control you may as well.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just realised that Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth updated and is apparently complete now! For those of you who played to the end of the previous version, there are at least 2 new stages in the game now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I won't play the game until someone can answer the burning question of whether you can in fact deedle it in the wonder labyrinth.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

not in public obviously

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

exquisite tea posted:

I won't play the game until someone can answer the burning question of whether you can in fact deedle it in the wonder labyrinth.

Deedlit would be very disappointed in you.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Deezlit

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
how was the rage 2 dlc?

also it seems you have to jump through some hoops just to buy it (link your beth account, buy coins, buy dlc. can't even check the dlc price without linking).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Google says it's 500 coins, i.e. 5 dollars. No idea if it's good, but it's certainly cheap.