Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
Delerium softlocks on the death animation for me. Looks like another guy on Reddit had the same problem. You might want to avoid the void for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Can't believe with all the new sprite and animation updates they didn't add any new loading screens!

Loving it so far, though. Beat the new challenge as Lord of the Poop. And I also did the daily, which starts you as one of the new characters, Bethany. I completed it but it didn't show me the score leaderboard and now just says I completed it with a score of zero.

Have no idea how to access the new alt floors but I'm excited to figure more out after work.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

It had a ...contentious... launch.

They changed the coin sound to the flash game one !

They also changed the brown charging flyers you see on womb and later back to what they looked like in the flash version! Neat.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I tried importing my old save file and it said the import failed but.... then everything was there when I opened it?? Just a heads up, I guess.

On my first run I got fruitcake + technology. Not only am I seeing all the new tear effects but lots of things that technology used to override now work, like nose goblin. Hell yes

apophenium posted:

Can't believe with all the new sprite and animation updates they didn't add any new loading screens!

There are :)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Oh drat! I'm so excited to see what all's new. They really put a lot into this thing.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Haven't played in years and my save file is on my Switch anyways, so gently caress it, going in fresh. Did soy milk + brimstone always give you a perma-firing laser? Got that and tech x and just tore poo poo up spamming laser circles on my first mom run.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

There's something I wanted to ask to all who bought Repentance: have they changed the early game to be less of a slog? I loved this game but I reached a point where the early floors were a boring slog with enemies that took too long to die and basically just reseted for some power up item to increase my damage, and was hoping they did something to fix that.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

There's something I wanted to ask to all who bought Repentance: have they changed the early game to be less of a slog? I loved this game but I reached a point where the early floors were a boring slog with enemies that took too long to die and basically just reseted for some power up item to increase my damage, and was hoping they did something to fix that.

If not the easiest way to fix this is save hack yourself starting with some more bombs and keys.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

They have not fixed that and runs are still a slog to start if you get bad items your first few floors

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I was gonna have a mod change the thread title but I don't have a good subtitle so help me out here

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Yeah I was back on the hold-R train after a bunch of bad start runs

The mini-leeches need less HP and those throwing ghosts need less accuracy

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
If you get 9 lives on jacob&esau you have infinite lives. Watched a guy beat a new boss after dying 41 times on it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

drat, that sucks. I'm not expecting to get a broken combo on floor 1, but it feels like enemies on the early floors had more HP than they should. Guess I'll wait for bugfixes and such before getting it.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Get it, you need it to play this

Never understood why that's mixed
Portals used to be everywhere and spawn enemies until killed, so later on finding a room with a portal in it was basically a death sentence if you had low damage. Some of the added bosses were also pretty overtuned, very few new items were added pre-boosters, the new floor and final boss felt quite low-effort, greedier mode was basically greedy mode but less fun, and keeper was keeper. Basically, it felt like getting the DLC made the game worse more than improving it. And then at the same time Antibirth came out and everyone loved it, so the contrast was pretty jarring.

I really really want work today to be over already.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Color Printer posted:

I was gonna have a mod change the thread title but I don't have a good subtitle so help me out here

At the very least the first half should be changed to The Binding of Isaac: Repentance

Looking forward to playing this co-op with my partner :getin:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Color Printer posted:

"Thy save slot SHALL REPENT"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Color Printer posted:

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance - Enemies now die upon reaching zero health

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance - The pills haven't actually changed

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

So I beat a boss, unlocked a new achievement for A Secret Exit "Complete XXX 3 times" but also at the same time it triggered 1001% "Nerd x 1000000"

Is that a glitch or did they switch 1001% to unlock after a certain amount of achievements? I have only 28 challenges completed, not all of the original secrets completed

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I had something very unusual that may have been a bug?

On my first run of Repentance my health, trinket, and pills were all in the top right corner of the screen by the map. The hearts would go three-wide and use more rows. The trinket and pill/card I was holding were tiny and hard to see. On my next run it was back to normal.

Is this an option you can enable or something? Not that I'd want to, but it was just so weird... I didn't screenshot it or save the seed because I assumed it was a new, intentional thing, until I see it go back to normal.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
This is amazing, Ed wasn't underselling it when he said this is Isaac 1.9.

Kawalimus posted:

Curse of Darkness is just TOTAL cheap garbage now. When mods are reenabled I might get one that takes it out of the game. Tried an Isaac run and got CoD FOUR FLOORS IN A ROW to start, and was killed by small black spiders in the mines that I couldn't even see coming till they were right in my little circle of vision. Stupid. It was already a bad curse that added nothing, now worse. Worse than curse of the lost I'd even say.

Also another negative thing is they nerfed Steam Sale+Restock. Why? That was always a lot of fun. Had a chaos run with both of those that got dampened by the item price doubling after each purchase. Stupid! Wonder if this is only the case on Hard mode? I wouldn't mind it as much if so.

Agreed, the game is way too dark now and it's killing my eyes. I turned the gamma all the way up (it goes higher now, or maybe it reset the gamma to 100; it goes to 150 now, maybe it always did, not sure) and Curse of Darkness is still terrible, plus there are some rooms where it's already impossible to see.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Eclipse12 posted:

On my first run of Repentance my health, trinket, and pills were all in the top right corner of the screen by the map. The hearts would go three-wide and use more rows. The trinket and pill/card I was holding were tiny and hard to see. On my next run it was back to normal.

Is this an option you can enable or something? Not that I'd want to, but it was just so weird... I didn't screenshot it or save the seed because I assumed it was a new, intentional thing, until I see it go back to normal.

Did it look like this? If it did, it was probably the co-op mode UI activating in single-player mode for some reason.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Almost got a complete run of the alternate route but died on the final boss. :negative:

weird graphical glitch I have popping up occasionally in my game, it disappears when I leave the room though. has anyone else had this happen?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
for those worried that the game might have changed too much; i am at base damage and just killed a mines boss and it took me 3 full minutes, so i say dont worry, its still isaac alright

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Can confirm. Working my way through the Chest with like 4 damage. Thank god for gnawed leaf, BFF, and a lot of strong familiars.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Wasn't there an option to turn on item descriptions for everything or was that just a mod?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Black August posted:

Can confirm. Working my way through the Chest with like 4 damage. Thank god for gnawed leaf, BFF, and a lot of strong familiars.
oh god they didn't change gnawed leaf? Bad memories.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Eclipse12 posted:

This happened to me on my first run but it's been fine since.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Does it feel like they decreased key and bomb rate drop for anyone else? I just did 4 runs where I had nothing in the first two floors. Lots of skipped doors, even in a cursed XL labyrinth.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

oh loving god GOLD PILLS

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Wasn't there an option to turn on item descriptions for everything or was that just a mod?

That was a mod, and until mod support comes back it will be sorely missed.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

your 10000% in isaac doesnt count if you didnt have to alt tab out and spend 5 minutes trying to find the item icon on platinumgod to see what it does and instead used a cheat mod imo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Doltos posted:

Does it feel like they decreased key and bomb rate drop for anyone else? I just did 4 runs where I had nothing in the first two floors. Lots of skipped doors, even in a cursed XL labyrinth.

from what i recall it was said hard mode was gonna be a lot harder. aside from faster enemy projectile speeds, i think that might be doing it. I'm constantly starved on consumables unless i get something like sack head.
anyway i was sick of plinking at enemies so i switched to azazel. I killed siren and my game crashed. 10/10

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Doltos posted:

Yes it feels slightly lowered. I still usually had what I needed but its a bit tighter.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Going to wait until the weekend to dig in, but experiencing all the silly poo poo vicariously.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Carpator Diei posted:

Did it look like this? If it did, it was probably the co-op mode UI activating in single-player mode for some reason.

Yup, that was it. Weird.

At least it explains it

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

At ~1150 hours I obviously love this game and am jazzed as hell for new content but I really wonder how well the "what if we made this progressively harder and harder for new players to get into with every new expansion" strategy works

or, alternatively, if everyone still really playing this game is just a masochist who is cool with making everything harder all of the time, I guess

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
from what i gather the new content is mostly relegated to mid-late game, but ab+ on a fresh file felt harder than base rebirth on a fresh file did, though i was working with like 6 year old memories when it came to doing ab+.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

As far as I can tell the original levels are still mostly the same. The difficulty increase is mostly with the alternate levels which iirc aren't even available at first to new players. I think the model of the game becoming progressively harder as you play it more is still baked in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

PIZZA.BAT posted:

As far as I can tell the original levels are still mostly the same. The difficulty increase is mostly with the alternate levels which iirc aren't even available at first to new players. I think the model of the game becoming progressively harder as you play it more is still baked in

i think the alt floor progression is unlocked after killing blue baby three times. i would have thought itd be revealed a bit later but it seems fair enough