Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

grieving for Gandalf posted:

yeah but is the PSP hacked and ready to go

Hacked and ready to go. I'm even going to leave the SD card adapter in it since I don't need it.

I'll offer it up for US $90 OBO itt and put it up on SA Mart once my Vita is set up.

I'm keeping the case though. It's a modified tool case and I can use it for other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MGS4: BIG MAMA IS SNAKE'S ACTUAL MUM AAAAAAAAA

I'm digging her whole The Boss look as well

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh poo poo Big Mama is EVE! And MGS3 set up like everything in the franchise gently caress

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rarity posted:

Oh poo poo Big Mama is EVE! And MGS3 set up like everything in the franchise gently caress

woke: MGS4 making reference to MGS3
broke: MGS4 making reference to MGS2

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I didn't enjoy the street-sneakin' level as I was was playing it but I remember it fondly because I sorta like the film noir-ey idea of it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I like how MGS4 has cut scenes so long it sometimes offers you the chance to save halfway through

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The final cutscene is like 2 hours.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I didn't enjoy the street-sneakin' level as I was was playing it but I remember it fondly because I sorta like the film noir-ey idea of it

Fun tip: If you have any form of face camo that isn't Snake, like the B&Bs or Otacon, you can equip that and the guards will completely ignore you so long as you don't have a weapon equipped.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So if I understand this expodump right (and there's a good chance I don't), Snake's actually been working for the baddies ever since the start of the series :thunkher:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
He basically did until the moment he decided to drop off the grid after MGS1, although they often manipulated him to their own benefit even afterwards.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol Otacon got dumped by his new girlfriend :rip:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

He basically did until the moment he decided to drop off the grid after MGS1, although they often manipulated him to their own benefit even afterwards.

Though to be fair he also dropped off the grid after Metal Gear 2 and retired to Alaska but Campbell tracked him down and pulled him back in anyway.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok the point about military groups using FPS games to recruit young men is way too on the nose

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Harrow posted:

Not if it's this one

Mega Man's been hitting the gym

I said come in! posted:

Back in the day, grocery stores use to have a section for renting video games, and movies. I remember seeing this game. I haven't thought about it since.
The music is really good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Last time I played Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate I just played the single player campaign to the credits. This time since I figure it's the last time I'll enjoy the classic Monster Hunter gameplay before being spoiled by the simplified new Monster Hunter gameplay I'm trying out more stuff, doing some Hub quests, and I just discovered Deviant Monsters.

check this guy out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rarity posted:

So if I understand this expodump right (and there's a good chance I don't), Snake's actually been working for the baddies ever since the start of the series :thunkher:

lol yeah

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
MGS4 is the only one I haven't played and unless they release it on a computer I'm afraid I'll never try it. all i really know about it is it ends with snake and liquid ocelot doing an old man fight

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lmao Gearbox is selling custom Lego kits for Homeworld models apparently

They go from 150 to 250 bucks what the hell

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Larryb posted:

Though to be fair he also dropped off the grid after Metal Gear 2 and retired to Alaska but Campbell tracked him down and pulled him back in anyway.
Just as he thought he was out, too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can people please not spoil the ending of the game I am currently in the middle of playing thank you so much

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

lmao Gearbox is selling custom Lego kits for Homeworld models apparently

They go from 150 to 250 bucks what the hell

amateurs, chris roberts could see lego models for 5 times that prize based on concept images alone.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's also about the price of the actual irl spaceship sets

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

MGS4 is the only one I haven't played and unless they release it on a computer I'm afraid I'll never try it. all i really know about it is it ends with snake and liquid ocelot doing an old man fight

MGS4 is the only MG game to be just... trapped on a single console, yeah

it's kinda weird

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dang Legos are expensive

I had a ton of them as a kid sorry mom

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rarity posted:

OH THANK gently caress SOMEONE FINALLY TOLD SUNNY HOW TO MAKE EGGS

"sunny" side up...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

MGS4 is the only MG game to be just... trapped on a single console, yeah

it's kinda weird

It’s on PSNow at least but yeah, I believe MGS4 is literally the only game in the series (aside from maybe Snake’s Revenge, Ghost Babel, and the Acid titles) to never get ported to another platform. Not sure why

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Probably because it was designed so tightly around the bizarro PS3 architecture that porting it would be too much effort :/

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
It Takes Two is solid fun so far.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the hosed up thing is thats one of the only play stations i have ever owned by buying it with my own money on purpose. borrowed my moms ps2 when me and my dorm room buddy discovered metal gear solid after I played the janky pc port of mgs. Years later I'm living in that dude's house he got for free, and we agreed to split a PS3 then like a day after purchase they announced the PS4) mostly because of Tokyo Jungle and I really wanted to play Ni No Kuni because I didn't know it kind of sucks yet. I had trouble paying rent at one point later and wound up giving him my half of the play station as a kind of half-payment and I think he wound up getting MGS4 but maybe didn't even beat it? For a while his secondhand stories were my total mgs4 experience. Ive seen watched a few random parts through LPs, mostly BIG SARU who is just clowning on soldiers usually.

He offered that PS3 back to me when he got the next one but it was semi broken at that point?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

haveblue posted:

Probably because it was designed so tightly around the bizarro PS3 architecture that porting it would be too much effort :/

also it's kind of a mess of a game lol

e: like if we're prioritizing I'd rather they go back and fix MGS2's ending so Arsenal Gear doesn't just teleport to manhattan for no reason

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 31, 2021

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rarity posted:

Can people please not spoil the ending of the game I am currently in the middle of playing thank you so much

:hai:

Harrow posted:

Not if it's this one

That’s not Super Mario Strikers

Pollyanna posted:

Can someone confirm this, I really hope I'm not considering spending $60 on another unfinished game.

I couldn’t care less about the story, there’s hours and hours to while away hunting mons and it all feels really good. It does not feel unfinished. That said, I am not at the end yet, though I doubt I’ll care when I get there.

I heard someone say COVID hit this game harder than they let on and that sounds right based on what I’ve heard about the endgame stuff “coming soon.”

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChgQXkvsmsk

wow so apparently the ps3 emulator can handle MGS4 now, looks like i finally get to play

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

also it's kind of a mess of a game lol

e: like if we're prioritizing I'd rather they go back and fix MGS2's ending so Arsenal Gear doesn't just teleport to manhattan for no reason

i don't even remember that. i remember riding off into the snowset with Meryl and then maybe there was an ominous phone call after the credits?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Khanstant posted:

i don't even remember that. i remember riding off into the snowset with Meryl and then maybe there was an ominous phone call after the credits?

that was mgs1 lol

MGS2's ending got butchered because 9/11 happened just as the game went gold. they didn't have time to rewrite anything so they just chopped a bunch of cutscenes out and farted it out the door

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Khanstant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChgQXkvsmsk

wow so apparently the ps3 emulator can handle MGS4 now, looks like i finally get to play

That was the first MGS, they’re talking about Sons of Liberty

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

It’s on PSNow at least but yeah, I believe MGS4 is literally the only game in the series (aside from maybe Snake’s Revenge, Ghost Babel, and the Acid titles) to never get ported to another platform. Not sure why

Oh gently caress I never played Ac!d

down for a weird deck-draw SRPG Metal Gear game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Khanstant posted:

There was supposed to be a cutscene that showed Arsenal Gear running aground and embedding itself in lower Manhattan while knocking down a bunch of buildings. This was yanked because the game came out in November 2001. In the release version you see the ship starting to move through New York Harbor and then suddenly you're standing on the roof of Federal Hall surrounded by debris.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh gently caress I never played Ac!d

down for a weird deck-draw SRPG Metal Gear game

Neither have I to be honest, are the games any good?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

MGS4 is fantastic and features the most romantic moment in any video game. RARITY DON'T WATCH THIS

link removed because apparently Awfulapp autoembeds Youtube links for some stupid reasons, but if you've played the game you know what I mean

NOBODY ELSE MAKE ANY COMMENTS THAT MIGHT SPOIL IT FOR RARITY, JUST AGREE THAT IS THE MOST ROMANTIC MOMENT IN ANY VIDEO GAME EVER

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 31, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Larryb posted:

Neither have I to be honest, are the games any good?

Yeah they're pretty good if you're up for that kind of gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Wait, there's a loving SRPG Metal Gear? I'm down. What system?