Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Flayer posted:

You'll always get a 1750exp quest in return though.

I'll take it over playing constructed

e: Playing against priest without worrying about mind control is so relaxing

bloom fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Opened like 18 packs, one legendary, that priest one that hurts everything, gently caress priests I’m never playing one so I’m dusting this with an angry look on my face

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Kalko posted:

Ok, so Book of the Dead is amazing, but when a 1%er shows up you just gotta take it.

I actually recovered from a rogue who played Wish. It took the arcane spell reduction + end of turn fire spell treasure to make flamestrike blow it away.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I'm trapped in a Duels hell world where everyone is playing this Priest deck because it's the most recent one listed on that site. If you thought Priest turns were interminable before, you ain't seen nothing yet.

And then my Puzzle Box gave me Hallazeal and played Avenging Wrath, and I got to witness what must be the slowest two-card animation interaction in all of Hearthstone.

edit : And this happened in my next game :

That's three minions with double Aegwynn buffs - each Ras was shooting for 13. Disks of Legend makes the best board states.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 31, 2021

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
dear murloc shaman who just played out his entire hand into my barov + rancor: lol

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think the 3 mana Watch post might actually be overpowered. Play it in any deck that isn't hyper aggro, it's good.

e: Mankriks played against me: 4

Olgra's found on their first draw: 3

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Mar 31, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I actually don't understand why they made it. Shouldn't all decks be playing creatures on 3 and 4? Why make a mechanic that punishes that so harshly?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It's so you can tower rush and destroy people like its 2003 WC3 all over again. Vibes.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
So far I've played:
Secret Libram Paladin (3-2) it's fun and when it wins it wins extra hard, but definitely needs to be fine tuned
Beast Hunter (1-2) it's... not great. I felt like I always had something better to do on 3 than play Tavish, but the beasts may just need some changing
Hero Power Watchtower Mage (2-0) lmao this deck owns. Just discover wildfires and more wildfires and then demolish them with Mordresh.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Button Watchtower mage owns, so many moments where you coin a tower t1 and your rogue opponent frantically hovers over it then concedes

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Hero Power Watchtower Mage (2-0) lmao this deck owns. Just discover wildfires and more wildfires and then demolish them with Mordresh.

This deck fucks. I didn't expect to climb to dad legend this month but made Diamond 9 to 5 in my lunch break. Two wins were against people conceding after letting my towers live for more than a turn.

Also played some DH with the new hero who is able to say Greetings. :v:

Sigils having their own icon is nice. Maybe they can expand on that mechanic.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Beasteh posted:

Button Watchtower mage owns, so many moments where you coin a tower t1 and your rogue opponent frantically hovers over it then concedes

I coined out one t1 against a Paladin, and then drew another on turn 2 which I obviously had to slam.

He never recovered :getin:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I built up a board of 5 towers in a game earlier. They can get really snowbally fast if you start the game banging down a couple of the cost increasers and the opponent doesn't have an answer in hand. It can reach a point where you are countering everything passively and have loads of stats on the board.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ok, give Jaraxxus another week to let people have their fun, then nerf him or some of Warlock's removal. It sucks they can play a deck that's like 24 removal spells, 4 Taunts, Jaraxxus, and the new merc that gives you a free copy of half the removal.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Hunter is so bad lol, all the decks top out at 5 mana, you have zero reach and still gas out super early even playing 4 mana 3/4s lol

Most overrated set so far

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology

Chernabog posted:

My impressions so far:

Hero power mage (7-0): My most successful deck so far. It is basically tempo with as many ways to discover wildfire as possible.
Elemental shaman: (2-1): If It draws well it can stay on the board and threaten with windfury, but if it doesn't then it is very underwhelming.
Secret/tempo rogue(2-1): Meh. Same old stuff.
Nature/taunt druid: (6-2): Surprisingly doing pretty well. It can win with big dudes, geryboughception or with a Yogg as a last resort.
Sacrifice zoo-ish lock: (2-4): I had high expectations for this one but it always seems to fall short, maybe I just had a few bad games or need to go more aggro.
Spell priest (1-1): Haven't played it too much to form an opinion.

Can you post your Hero Power mage deck? I'm messing around with something similar and would love to take a look.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

sirtommygunn posted:

Ok, give Jaraxxus another week to let people have their fun, then nerf him or some of Warlock's removal. It sucks they can play a deck that's like 24 removal spells, 4 Taunts, Jaraxxus, and the new merc that gives you a free copy of half the removal.
Hero cards are toxic. Original J was one of the only good designs but yeah they ruined it.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
I'm doing pretty well with spell mage right now. There's not a ton of new additions, but Flurry, Refreshing Spring Water and Runed orb all feel very good, and I'm surprised how much nicer Flamestrike feels at 5 vs. 4. The "can't discover core cards" bug yesterday was really hurting the deck when you cast the corrupted secret discovery card (since it was limited to a pool of 3), but it seems to have been fixed.

I'm surprised how often I wish I could use a Flame Ward though, I never thought all that much of that secret but you definitely notice when it's gone.

enki42 fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 31, 2021

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
### Custom Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Babbling Book
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 2x (2) Fallen Hero
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 2x (2) Starscryer
# 2x (2) Wildfire
# 2x (3) Mor'shan Watch Post
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (5) Jandice Barov
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Coldarra Drake
# 1x (7) Kargal Battlescar
# 1x (10) Mordresh Fire Eye
#
AAECAc36AwbZ0QP66APY7AOd7gOoigSqigQM97gDm80D+84DpNEDlugD9+gD+egD0+wD1uwDwKAEwaAExKAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Here's what I'm using. Stole some streamers list but I don't have Solarian nor Evocation, maybe I'll buy some more Outlands packs or spend some dust down the line.

Also missing Potion of Illusion so I put a second Coldarra and Scorpid.

Not sold on Runthak, though.

:tif:

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Hmm, I cut the Coldera Drakes from mine, they seemed real slow. Couldn't find opportunities to get them down without falling way behind. Are they working for you?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

emocrat posted:

Can you post your Hero Power mage deck? I'm messing around with something similar and would love to take a look.

### Hero power
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Babbling Book
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Evocation
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (2) Wildfire
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Combustion
# 2x (3) Firebrand
# 2x (3) Imprisoned Observer
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 2x (5) Ethereal Conjurer
# 1x (5) Jandice Barov
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate
#
AAECAaXDAwbFuAPZ0QOd2APY7AOd7gOoigQMw7gD+MwDlNEDpNED5dED0OwD0+wD1uwD/J4E/Z4ExKAExaAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Token Druid is good for right now, during the quirky unestablished meta.

I went from D7 ish to D1 losing one game, then had some ups and downs of several games at D1 before hitting legend.

Unrelated but the towers seem really good.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Really, really debating crafting Kargal just because watchtower meta seems good but not utterly broken. After disenchantment from the rotation I'm at 24k dust which isn't too bad.

I got all the paladin legendaries and Kazakhstan so I'm pretty happy with my unpacks.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

emocrat posted:

Hmm, I cut the Coldera Drakes from mine, they seemed real slow. Couldn't find opportunities to get them down without falling way behind. Are they working for you?

Sometimes as a turn 10 if I don't have Mordresh, pinging 6 or 8 to face. Other times on turn 6 for tempo but I can see them not being essential.

Lost my streak at Diamond 2. :allears:

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Chernabog posted:

### Hero power
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Babbling Book
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Evocation
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (2) Wildfire
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Combustion
# 2x (3) Firebrand
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 2x (5) Ethereal Conjurer
# 1x (5) Jandice Barov
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate
#
AAECAaXDAwbFuAPZ0QOd2APY7AOd7gOoigQMw7gD+MwDlNEDpNED5dED0OwD0+wD1uwD/J4E/Z4ExKAExaAEAA==
#

### Watcher Button Mage
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Starscryer
# 2x (2) Wildfire
# 2x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (4) Crossroads Watch Post
# 1x (5) Jandice Barov
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (7) Kargal Battlescar
#
AAECAbTqAwaNuwPZ0QP66APY7AOd7gOoigQMw7gD97gDpNEDjtQDkuQDlugD9+gD+OgD+egDmOoD0+wD1uwDAA==
#

I think I’m just using the vS deck, can’t remember if I changed anything

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

opened apothecary helbrim. I want to make a fun weapon deck with him but I'm pretty sure he's just lovely. oh well

Fenarisk posted:

Really, really debating crafting Kargal just because watchtower meta seems good but not utterly broken. After disenchantment from the rotation I'm at 24k dust which isn't too bad.

I got all the paladin legendaries and Kazakhstan so I'm pretty happy with my unpacks.

vary naice

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is Oh My Yogg! bugged? just had a Mage go from Combustion to Don't Feed the Animals

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Was it discounted by Incanter's Flow or something similar? Oh My Yogg takes the new cost into account instead of the original.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

is Oh My Yogg! bugged? just had a Mage go from Combustion to Don't Feed the Animals

did they discount it with incanter’s flow first?

Here’s the first fun hunter deck I made, mostly because I was facing like 90% warlocks and priests

### Big Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Carrion Studies
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 2x (2) Bola Shot
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 1x (3) Professor Slate
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (5) Teacher's Pet
# 1x (5) Vectus
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
# 2x (8) Jewel of N'Zoth
# 2x (8) Primordial Protector
# 2x (10) Nagrand Slam
#
AAECAbv5AwSK0gPk1AP86AOoigQN+7sDnssDks0Dlc0D+uEDg+IDjeQD+egDmOoD3uwD2+0DqZ8Eu6AEAA==
#

I’m falling back on my old reliable strategy of new expansion launch -> jam the OP neutrals into whatever but it actually wins somehow? There’s basically no silence or sap effects in the meta so eventually you’re just putting down massive board after massive board that they can’t clear without resetting the board or taking a ton of damage to the face.

On that note, Teacher’s Pet feels very very strong at the moment, the rotation helped the 3 cost beast slot immensely; owl can still low roll you and the 3/3 pack kodo isn’t exciting but otherwise you have Zixor, Mukla, 4/2 stealth, 4/3 can’t be targeted, two poison minions, the two hunter deathrattle 3 drops, and the 3/4 elekk

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

blizzardvizard posted:

Was it discounted by Incanter's Flow or something similar? Oh My Yogg takes the new cost into account instead of the original.

yeah I think it must have been, I was thinking if it had been discounted it'd show up in the sidebar with the new cost, but apparently not

usually I hate playing aggro decks but Secret Pally is a lot of fun, what are people's thoughts on Galloping Savior? I started off without it but I've just added it in because it's easy to run out of secrets if you draw both your swords early, and it feels much better than Goody Two-Shields which I cut for it

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Id maybe run one Galloping Savior, especially because, oddly enough, sometimes them triggering all of your secrets in one turn isn’t something you want to happen.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 31, 2021

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The tavern brawl doesn’t seem to be working lol, every egg hatches as a plain 1/3 beast

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Deck of 3+ mana discounted random spells has got to rank in the top degenerate decks of all time

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
It looks like every egg is hatching twice. The first time it hatches it gets the dye buffs, but the second time it hatches it just becomes a 1/3 with no buffs. So, not the most riveting of tavern brawls.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Just noticed this in my current game:

Has the deck ever otherwise been different than cards in the hand?

My deck actually showed the random card back ( The one with a ? that doesn't really exist ) so I assume their in hand was actually my deck.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 31, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Julio Cruz posted:

yeah I think it must have been, I was thinking if it had been discounted it'd show up in the sidebar with the new cost, but apparently not

usually I hate playing aggro decks but Secret Pally is a lot of fun, what are people's thoughts on Galloping Savior? I started off without it but I've just added it in because it's easy to run out of secrets if you draw both your swords early, and it feels much better than Goody Two-Shields which I cut for it

Should have been auto-include in pre-release theorycrafting lists, and I was stunned to see them left out of many. Provides great utility with the rest of the secret cards, it'll definitely make the cut once people narrow down the optimal total number of secrets to run.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Starscryer to tutor wildfires just makes sense in button Mage, I am tinkering with a single potion of illusion since the deck runs so many premium battlecries like Jandice

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Token Druid is good for right now, during the quirky unestablished meta.

I went from D7 ish to D1 losing one game, then had some ups and downs of several games at D1 before hitting legend.

Unrelated but the towers seem really good.

Which list are you running?

Secret Paladin is very fun right now. I had been running two Galloping Saviors, but I cut one for a Voracious Reader since it's stupid easy to dump your hand.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

AnacondaHL posted:

Should have been auto-include in pre-release theorycrafting lists, and I was stunned to see them left out of many. Provides great utility with the rest of the secret cards, it'll definitely make the cut once people narrow down the optimal total number of secrets to run.

Yeah it seems very good. I’ve been experimenting with 1 of the one that kills any minion that deals 3 or more dmg. It’s ok. I also really like keeping it pure so Yrel is a good finisher / come back mechanism. I need to try a version with the neutral 4/3, might be good. Worth taking out yrel? Maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

quote:

### king arthur's finest
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Blackjack Stunner
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 2x (2) Efficient Octo-bot
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Plagiarize
# 2x (2) Prize Vendor
# 1x (2) Shadowjeweler Hanar
# 2x (2) Shenanigans
# 1x (2) Tenwu of the Red Smoke
# 1x (2) Vanessa VanCleef
# 2x (3) Banana Vendor
# 1x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 2x (3) Educated Elekk
# 1x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 2x (4) Southsea Scoundrel
# 1x (5) Keywarden Ivory
#
AAECAaIHBvvEA+XRA8PhA4TkA5fnA5jqAwzQuQOk0QPl0wO61QOw4QO24QOD5AP36AOr6wOU7wP2nwTuoAQA
#
Is this a good mill deck? It is not. Is it a frustrating one? Absolutely! I try not to leave Hanar on the board so I can shadowstep him and keep secrets rolling out. Watch Post and Southsea Scoundrel or Prize Vendor is pretty dirty, while flat out choosing a card to burn if they have a full hand with Southsea Scoundrel is incredible. There's definitely a few cards that I just dropped in there for the heck of it (Vanessa, Death's Head Cultist) so I'm still faffing around. I might try adding the spell cost watch post instead, but I'm not crafting epics until a little later in the cycle :v: