Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

1) Butcher and Blade vs Milk Chocolate. I absolutely love Milk Chocolate bumping from Butcher and Blade's pyro. Some good lionhearted stuff from Watts especially, and these guys can both definitely work. They had a great match together in Beyond a couple of years ago. More than anything Butcher and Blade are a superb pair of tag team monsters, the kind of people who used to come to a territory, tear through it, and be gone in six months. And I like that they're explicitly mercenaries, they will work for anyone without fear or favour. Fun destruction.

2) Madi Wrenkowski vs Jazmin Allure. Leva is on commentary, did she just call Madi's gear "IBS"? Meanwhile the match is pretty good fun. Madi has come on a long way, Jazmin is very good at face in peril. I get an AJ Lee vibe from her, small but fast and deadly. Leva is doing a good brand of, basically riffing with Dave Prazak at a Shimmer show. Wrenkowski looked pretty good here.

3) Chaos Project vs Dean Alexander and Justin Law. Justin Law looks about 11 years old. Assisted tope where Luther just lobs serpentico at his opponents. Love it. Law's got some speed and energy, but he's also got maths homework that's due in the morning and he's out wrestling instead. Luther continuing to just yell and be violent, he's so great. Serpentico adds to this with some really neat spots, I enjoyed the slingshot double stomp. Alexander's half nelson slam looked pretty good. Serpentico gets the pin and was barely used as a weapon during this match at all. I liked this.

4) Sonny Kiss vs Angelico. The actual main event. The Bendy Man. The Long Groover. The Submissions Scumbag. And then Sonny. "That rear end is the best". Joey better be careful he doesn't get banned for horny. Sonny's chain wrestling is much better than it used to be. It helps that there's someone with real skill in this area on the other side of the ring. This is slow paced, but really good. Wow, there's some innovative stuff here that really combines Sonny's incredible gymnastic abilities with Angelico's suppleness and mastery of submissions. I love little touches like Angelico getting into a position where the natural move would be to kick Sonny in the head and instead stomping the knee instead. I really enjoyed this.

5) Uno, Stu, and Cold vs Rome Hat, Bill Collier, and Vary Morales. So uh... this was taped before Dynamite. Hence Silver's arm still working. Collier has a good look. D3 has a D3 look. Absolutely loved the Stu / Collier exchange. Two different types of powerhouse, and some of the Collier Big Guy stuff looked great. Cabana doing lucha looks surprisingly good. I like that we're getting Vary and Big Bill tagging in and out so we save Rome Hat as the secret weapon. Mei Suruga ref on commentary. Stu tries for knightfall on Big Bill and we get a million double teams on the scrubs. D3 eats the pin. I guess we're saving the Big Bill Knightfall for Stu's singles match that I assume is coming.

6) Marko Stunt and Luchasaurus vs Adam Priest and KC Navarro. Taz just actin unwise with the theme music. Stunt and Lucha actually work almost better as a comedy act than Lucha and Jungle Boy for a match against scrubs. Stunt comes in and does all the lil guy comedy stuff, Lucha cleans house, cut, print.

7) Vipress vs Diamante. Vipress has potential, let's see where she goes. Diamante has been looking better and better since going solo. Nice start, lots of good looking strikes. Slightly awkward transition to the Northern Lights. Vipress is capable of some nice looking moves, but she needs to get better at how to string them together and what to do between moves. Too many times she'll be about to be hit by a move and she'll just be standing there waiting for it. She'll get better though, and Diamante looked tough here.

8) Team Taz vs Jake St Patrick, Sage Scott, and Chandler Hopkins. Hopkins still alive after that death valley driver from Janela earlier. Jake St Patrick has some real skills. I'd like to see him in a competitive match with Starks at some point. Love how defensive Taz is getting on commentary. Man, Will Hobbs is getting so good as a bully. He isn't fast, but he has this Deebo in Friday energy where he is going to hurt you and then laugh about it. Hopkins is an absolute bump machine. HOOKPLEX! WE GET A HOOKPLEX! Dissention in the ranks but Cage hits the drill claw. Nice slow burn storytelling. And I love Taz refusing to pick favourites.

9) Ashley Vox, Delmi Exo, and Vertvixen vs Red Velvet, Big Swole, and KiLynn king. Looking forward to this one. KiLynn's white girl dancing is kind of awesome. Ooh, nice chain stuff to start. King plays into her power, which is good. Exo has a couple of rough moments, but has some very good strikes. Nice exchanges between Velvet and the Sea Stars, and then KiLynn clears house. Have we had King vs Vertvixen yet? I think that would be fun. Exo feels a half step behind her sister at points of this, which is likely just that she's new to Daily's Place. Fun chaos at the end, some nice double teams from the Sea Stars, Velvet clearning house and then some beautiful kicks from King. Bit of a messy ending, but overall this was fun. Exo needs a few more matches to get some seasoning in the bigger ring.

and then Cargill comes out and tries to start some this. I loved KiLynn and Swole having to hold Velvet back.

10) Mike Magnum vs M T Nakazawa. I love this look on Nakazawa. Some nice DDT comedy with Nakazawa taking business stuff on the headset during the match. Yam bag scratcharoonie! Lanyard choke! Commentary are at Wine Mom levels of fast and loose here. Loads of fun.

11) Miro and Kip vs John Skyler and Baron Black. Just lose the top, Baron, the tights are fine. Absolutely loving the slow disintegration of the Miro fun guy stuff to be replaced by this abusive shithead bully. I like that Miro has basically frozen Kip out entirely, he's just going to murder two people on his own. Miro looks SO good here. I can't wait for him to betray Kip, win the inevitable feud with Kip, then just murder the gently caress out of Darby to become TNT champion.

12) Max Caster vs Alex Reynolds. Glad to see Bowens back. Not the best rap, not the worst. I genuinely have no idea who will win here. These guys are very evenly matched, Caster is more performative, but Reynolds is an absolute master technician. This is hard hitting and heelish and Max is in control for most of the match. Reynolds building up steam while selling the story of the arm is great. Chain spot was great, mic drop was great, this was a really fun little match.

Good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lamuella posted:

DDT comedy

couple folks have posted this, whats this mean

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

graph posted:

DDT Pro Wrestling, formerly Dramatic Dream Team.

Has the best wrestling streaming service value today. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDT_Pro-Wrestling

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

graph posted:

there's a promotion in Japan called Dramatic Dream Team Pro-Wrestling, or just DDT. It started in the late 90s as basically a parody of the WWF and its "Sports Entertainment" style of wrestling and is primarily a comedy promotion with some serious matches sprinkled in for flavor. Kenny Omega started wrestling in Japan in DDT before he was in NJPW, and Michael Nakazawa is a DDT talent, so all of Nakazawa's matches in AEW tend to be DDT-style comedy matches.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
cool thank you both :)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Yeah, I was just highlighting that Nakazawa's match would have fit right into DDT. Although DDT do also have some excellent technical wrestlers. They run the gamut from Jun Akiyama (World champion in Noah, All Japan, and DDT, participant in seven Meltzer-approved five star matches) to Danshoku Dieno (very talented wrestler whose offense these dase is primarily anally based)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DDT is also the place where Minoru Suzuki used to go when he got bored of beating up Young Lions in New Japan and instead beat up beings like the Mecha Mummy (the video of which appears to have been deleted everywhere I looked) and being ahead of the curve by having an Empty Arena Match in the loving Tokyo Dome (here's the B&V review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utr_7M4_2Tk ).

It is also home to the most prestigious title in the world, the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship, held by such legends or future legends as Jun Akiyama, Kota Ibushi, ZSJ, Yoshihiko, Ladder, or Young Bucks: Killing The Business From Backyards To The Big Leagues.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Highlights of the IHMW championship include its 1000th title change when the belt won itself because it came to rest on top of the champion, and the time it was won by a table, then a plate on top of the table, then a yakitori stick on the plate, then the guy who ate it.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Just so I’m clear: The book won, not the team?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Jonny Nox posted:

Yeah the book. Brit Baker (iirc) fell asleep reading it as a ref walked past.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

E: Wrong thread

Mons Hubris fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 1, 2021

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jonny Nox posted:

It was the book, yes. Although the Bucks themselves did win the title a couple of years ago.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jonny Nox posted:

Not only that, it was later defeated by another book.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I am ready

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Team Taz status: Fine

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ignite the darkness

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cut the power.

E: AEW presents Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark, coming Thursdays.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lol at Taz's reaction as Ex misquotes Shakespeare

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lol that didn't work out for Hopkins

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So Dark happens after Dark but Dark Elevation is during Light time

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chandler Hopkins, Sage Scott and Jake St. Patrick: Team Great-Looking Jobbers

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Thanks Taz

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That was some great offense St Patrick got

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

goddamn Small Package Driver

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
chanlder hopkins should join the dark order

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Alaois posted:

Chandler Hopkins, Sage Scott and Jake St. Patrick: Team Great-Looking Jobbers

They all rule

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

So Dark happens after Dark but Dark Elevation is during Light time

Time and space have no sway here.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

chanlder hopkins should join the dark order

he's the Fusion Dance of Hangman and Angels

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

THESE GOOFS

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Seriously did something happen to Peter Avalon?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I had no idea that's what Cesar sounds like

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

I think he's injured right now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr. Squishy posted:

I had no idea that's what Cesar sounds like

same lol

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I love this team.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
jd drake is going to murder the honk within a month

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I would die for this team

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

YO, KID

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

There's a hundred reasons a wrestler might miss a recording or two, and most of them they keep quiet.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

I think he's injured right now.

Man it sucks Nameth stole his stable then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Team Taz is so loving cool and I'm kinda sad they're already sewing some discord