Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think he does because he has started to lay out strategy. He's said (extreme paraphrase) "Best thing to do if you want more is keep up your subscription, watch the movie again and give ATT positive feedback"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Karloff posted:

Have any of these fools actually considered whether Snyder wants to do more? Clearly he's got a bunch of projects on the back burner, if he's not interested are they gonna start harassing him.

Doesn't the movie end with 20 minutes of obviously reshot footage that does nothing but tease future movies he won't currently be able to make? It's clear the dude wants to make more of these.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

4 minutes of new footage

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

400 hours of new footage.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah Snyder is egging on all of it.

Not the review bomb part of course, but all the Snyderverse etc stuff.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

BrianWilly posted:

Do you really want to know? I have a whole forty-five minute video especially made about this exact specific topic if you really want to know.
I like your videos! Please make more in the future.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Ah yes I suppose so. I guess I'd just rather watch his Arthur film at this point. And I'm more excited to see the non-DCEU DC stuff like The Batman.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lurdiak posted:

Doesn't the movie end with 20 minutes of obviously reshot footage that does nothing but tease future movies he won't currently be able to make? It's clear the dude wants to make more of these.

The only new footage is the knightmare and General Swanwick's side of the last scene, and General Swanwick in the elevator in chapter 4, all the rest is from 2016.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There was also this notion that Whedon reshot EVERYTHING and the Snydercut was going to be all never before seen footage but hey, that was total bullshit.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Karloff posted:

Ah yes I suppose so. I guess I'd just rather watch his Arthur film at this point. And I'm more excited to see the non-DCEU DC stuff like The Batman.

i dunno, i was teased with the bat killdozer, and im gonna be upset if that doesnt show up now

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rhyno posted:

There was also this notion that Whedon reshot EVERYTHING and the Snydercut was going to be all never before seen footage but hey, that was total bullshit.

No it wasn’t?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was said here, in this thread.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Wait, why the hell are they review bombing Godzilla vs Kong? Spite against WB? Some perceived idea that people will watch Justice League instead of GvK in a way that won't actually make any more box office/revenue?

Spite against WB, but it's also largely a non-story. I saw the reviews on IMBD before they got wiped by the automoderator, and it was like 20 total anonymous 1/10 hate reviews. That's not a review bomb, it's barely a hate puddle at all. In fact, without twitter discourse, I'm not sure anyone would notice. There are toxic elements in any fandom. But it seems the amount of people who claim snyderbros are uniquely toxic are far more numerous than the actual number of toxic snyder fans.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 31, 2021

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Rhyno posted:

Are you, like, high or something?

Whedon used Snyder's footage (i.e. Diana shattering the axe vs Diana cutting off Steppenwolf's head) and then reshot/rearranged poo poo, like with the confrontation at the monument following Kal El's resurrection.

Just outright lies, my god.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I really hope they redesign cyborg-guy

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Yes, but by who?

FilthyImp posted:

He said he's not using any Whedonshots in the film.

4 minutes obviously doesn't count stuff that's been pre-viz'd and he's probably not counting things that were storyboarded or roughed? That's the only way it makes sense to me, as "I always planned for a 10 minute fight with Steppenwulf and the league but here's a few bits where I decided some new poo poo could be useful, 4 minutes worth."

Whedon simultaneously threw away everything Snyder did but also used a massive portion of it according to this thread.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It'd have been mathematically impossible for the amount of never-before-seen footage in ZSJL to be less than a majority of it, because it's twice as long as the theatrical release. Just as expected, the amount of 2017 footage that's not present in the 2021 version is considerable, most of it new dialog.

On the topic of killing terrorists, you gotta take things in context. Both Tony's scene and Diana's depict the fantasy of rescuing innocent hostages by killing their implacably murderous captors despite their guns. Tony finishes his scene with a super-precise weapon that can distinguish good guys from bad guys, whereas Diana finishes hers by blowing the wall out of a bank. Bit of a different vibe there.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

Tony finishes his scene with a super-precise weapon that can distinguish good guys from bad guys, whereas Diana finishes hers by blowing the wall out of a bank. Bit of a different vibe there.

If the Justice League scene demonstrates anything, it’s that Wonder Woman is a super-precise weapon that can distinguish good guys from bad guys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Banks are bad guys, so she did the right thing.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Banks are bad guys, so she did the right thing.

:hmmyes:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why were kids on a field trip to the bank? I thought it was a train terminal

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The Old Bailey isn’t a bank. It’s a courthouse. Where is everyone getting bank from?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

From how it looks because we don't know what a bailey is

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
For me the issue with Wonder Woman literally obliterating the terrorist was that she had time to disarm and confine him. He was reloading and she had speed to stop freaking bullets so she had a few seconds and instead decides the best action would be to blow the guy up in front of a bunch of kids. It was such a weirdly jarring scene that would make more sense in a show like the Boys than in a Justice League movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

The Old Bailey isn’t a bank. It’s a courthouse. Where is everyone getting bank from?

That other guy's post.

Courthouses are also the bad guy. Diana still good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FilthyImp posted:

Are you, like, high or something?

Whedon used Snyder's footage (i.e. Diana shattering the axe vs Diana cutting off Steppenwolf's head) and then reshot/rearranged poo poo, like with the confrontation at the monument following Kal El's resurrection.

Are you high?

The snyderbro chatter for months has been that the new release was all unseen footage and that whedon result literally everything. I'm not making the claim, I'm repeating the chatter in this thread and elsewhere.

Calm down.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Are you high?

The snyderbro chatter for months has been that the new release was all unseen footage and that whedon result literally everything. I'm not making the claim, I'm repeating the chatter in this thread and elsewhere.

Calm down.

It's possible you misunderstood.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

That other guy's post.

Still
:hmmyes:

Rhyno posted:

Are you high?

Calm down.

From my recollection of all the chatter it's always been "most" not "all", which still leaves wiggle room to disagree on what quantifies as most

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

Courthouses are not, in fact, the bad guy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

Yes, but by who?

Whedon simultaneously threw away everything Snyder did but also used a massive portion of it according to this thread.

I’ve seen the Snyder cut twice and the Whedon cut twice. I watched the Whedon cut the night before.

Whedon did use a decent amount of footage, but he also reshot like most of the film’s exposition scenes. He cut half the action scenes down, and put different context into a lot them.

Like you can say it’s the same but that’s wrong. Like the Wonder Woman terrorist scene is basically the same, but by adding more violence and less doofy doo doo Danny elfman music it makes it into a more intense action scene as opposed to a random action scene. All that stuff changes the tone and impact of that scene and that’s a huge deal.

Also most of the cyborg scenes in the Whedon cut was reshot by Whedon. So. That’s at least a good portion of the film right there that no one saw.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bongo Bill posted:

It's possible you misunderstood.

There are people arguing about on Facebook currently. I know what I've seen.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, did you not watch the film or something?
Whedon used the basic framework of what Snyder had (because WB wasn't gonna reshoot the whole thing) and jettisoned everything with, like, minorities.

He added in things like Bruce and Diana sniping at each other and a boob pratfall, but excised a bunch of character beats.

It's not even speculation (like what was in the quote you pulled). It's literally textual.

The 4 minutes of new footage were the Joker Knightmare scene where he brought Leto in. There's a cheat with the Marthan Manhunter and Bruce since he originally planned it with GL.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also as much as I worship the ground that sam Raimi walks I’m mad at him for getting Elfman for Dr Strange 2.

I don’t want to hear a doofy doo doo version of the strange theme

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Courthouses are not, in fact, the bad guy.

That's Geoff Johns talk.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

That's Geoff Johns talk.

The justice system is, arguably, a bad guy. Blowing up a wall of the Old Bailey isn’t going to do anything to hamper it. Wonder Woman isn’t striking a valiant blow against a corrupt system. That’s just silly.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Karloff posted:

Ah yes I suppose so. I guess I'd just rather watch his Arthur film at this point.

Time slows to a crawl as Arthur lovingly, desperately reaches out of the darkness for the whiskey decanter, CGI flames reflected in his yearning eyes. A downtempo version of '(Best That You Can Do)' plays over, sung by a sunken-eyed teenager who'd probably fly away if you sneezed in her direction.

Oh, wait. Okay, just switch out the whiskey for Excalibur, it'll still work.

CelticPredator posted:

Also as much as I worship the ground that sam Raimi walks I’m mad at him for getting Elfman for Dr Strange 2.

Ah, FFS.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Why were kids on a field trip to the bank? I thought it was a train terminal

To learn about how capitalism works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Elfman is well past his prime, even for Spider-man's main theme he just recycled the Batman theme and added some jazz beats haphazardly. And that was 20 years ago.