Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Excelzior posted:

Good enough

Majorian is currently walking the hard path of Peter Daou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

lol if there was any doubt this isnt going anywhere

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Make taintrunner dnd ik

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I will admit that this is a singular thing that I like and that is good

it's the cuomo principle in action, just gotta keep talking about kids in cages and eventually we'll have M4A

and the kids will still be in the cages of course

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Judakel posted:

so can we post unsourced succ or not?

Current ruling on the matter is yes.

DND will still whine like babies about it in QCS though.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wonder how many people Joe Biden's dog would have to maul before we got a workable GND out of it

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Rip the only good dnd ik

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I see "close the concentration camps" has become "well ackshually we need to fix climate change and end the American empire first." We should definitely do those things, except when leftists start raising concrete policy demands to do something about climate change (like carbon emission controls) or imperialism (fire the cia into the sun), suddenly those issues become quagmiric fog clouds as well. Nothing is possible, everything is too complicated, let's talk about something - anything - besides the issue at hand. Almost as if the purpose of these elected functionaries is not to make policy or carry out the will of the people at all but simply to act as a crumple zone for global capital, accepting the blows in the media and at the ballot box so that the economic foundation of our society which requires blood and death to run remains safely beyond our reach.

But that can't be right.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/PropagandhiPod/status/1377305947568230410

The difference between AOC discourse and Kamala Harris discourse is that instead of SUVs and golden retrievers the AOC stans have punk-rock podcasts

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

libs are stamping their feet and crying about trump in the replies of that story about the white house dog poop lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

"Brandolynn" can't possibly be that person's real name, right

Itw as actually brand's second son, the first one's name is lost to time.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Judakel posted:

so can we post unsourced succ or not?

the only answer i received so far is kind of a mixed bag so I'll say yes with the caveat that you don't discuss who the author is and that it doesn't result in more people going to d&d to own the libs

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

loquacius posted:

I will admit that this is a singular thing that I like and that is good

it's the cuomo principle in action, just gotta keep talking about kids in cages and eventually we'll have M4A

and the kids will still be in the cages of course
its like that Omelas story

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

who gives a poo poo its not passing

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Flavius Aetass posted:

the only answer i received so far is kind of a mixed bag so I'll say yes with the caveat that you don't discuss who the author is and that it doesn't result in more people going to d&d to own the libs

lol the only thing you're going to find when you go to D&D to touch the poop is a sixer for having the sheer unmitigated gall for showing a liberal their own posts from last year using the term "concentration camps" because that, sir, is violence

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

"look guys, we tried!"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

if that's the word from on high, it works for me

we may examine the poop but please do not touch it

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Maya Fey posted:

its like that Omelas story

omelas isn't welcome in D&D either, iirc; it makes them feel bad.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

StratGoatCom posted:

https://twitter.com/ArkansasACLU/status/1376897096561856514

They've made the first major step toward banning queer folks as a whole. Despite having a fair number of sticks as an exec, Biden has not retaliated in the least.

Blockers, more accurately, the same poo poo we give to cis kids with precocious puberty.

Why would the administration do anything? Biden has shown the dems you can throw literally any social group or cause under the bus and eveyone will not just turn out for you, but hold you up as jesus christ on high, so why rock the boat?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

what if we also post unsourced non succ

Certainly seems, to me, like less of a pressing issue than people convincing themselves that they can relax and don't need to take any future political action as long as Joe and the Blue Team are in charge. Why bother agitating, getting involved with an immigrant rights org, or donating if good ole Joe is doing everything that could possibly be done? Kick back, stretch out! Crack a cold one, it's all under control!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DoomTrainPhD posted:

"Concentration camp" is specifically designed to evoke a particular, enraging emotional response that none of the other terms do. Randomly tossing it into an otherwise regular post is an excellent way to make people angrier at a meager cost (generally, to match the poster's anger.) CBP and ICE being full of Nazis, and the Biden administration's failures to date to make the intake process not-horrible, are worth getting angry about. There is no need to use incorrect terminology to make people more furious.

The funny thing about this post is that they're totally fine about playing fast and loose with the definition of "Nazi" but unwilling to use "concentration camp" in a situation where it's literally 100% correct to the dictionary definition of the word.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Flavius Aetass posted:

this remains a perfectly reasonable way to handle it.

don't touch the poop. dont touch the poop then come here to brag about it. dont bemoan when someone poop touches and gets hit for it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lmao drat i just took a peek and why would anyone post there ever? "you're not doing anything, you're just posting!" "no, YOU'RE not doing anything and just posting!"

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Biden already said he'd rather break up the infrastructure bill into discrete packages lol

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
makework would be great but nah, these are going to be actual infrastructure projects done on a strictly partisan basis and it's going to cost the republicans in '22 if they're dumb enough to let it happen instead of accepting the bipartisan olive branch the senate dems are stupidly offering them

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A ton of the reports I make are for joke probes and making fun of bad opinions, ill never stop doing that bitch

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
what happened to majorian?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

theCalamity posted:

what happened to majorian?

posted in d&d

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lumpentroll posted:

posted in d&d

probably the best summation, yeah

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/taxman1980/status/1377250189665259527

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

probably the best summation, yeah

a star is how you turn good posters into former posters and it would be nice if something were done about that

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

posted in d&d

Not even once

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The old manager I had that would scream in people's faces "RIGHT TO WORK STATE! RIGHT TO WORK STATE!!!" when they complained about the horrible work conditions or the fact he and his direct subordinate managers were all the same flavor of ignorant stubborn and abusive shithead probably just got a chill at whichever company he is ruining right now.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

broke down and peeked into the dnd immigration thread, someone put a bullet in my brain please

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

its very cool how americans overwhelmingly support right to work because of the Freedom it brings

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

lumpentroll posted:

posted in d&d
gotta love a forum where "Close the camps and free these people" is "Not even attempting to contribute to having a meaningful discussion"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

This is a good thing, which is how you know it will get stripped out or not pass. I will happily eat crow if it does pass and isn't watered down so right to work is banned only if the moon is in alignment and the chakras are smiling.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

broke down and peeked into the dnd immigration thread, someone put a bullet in my brain please

check out the dnd glenn thread it is also excellent

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

The funny thing about this post is that they're totally fine about playing fast and loose with the definition of "Nazi" but unwilling to use "concentration camp" in a situation where it's literally 100% correct to the dictionary definition of the word.

Just on a whim I did a DnD search for the word nazi and yep, they're calling everyone and everything nazi constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Reality Protester posted:

I cannot tell if aoc did the zoom in or the twitter reposter did but if she did her brain is broken. belongs in d&d.

those selfie quick zooms feel kinda like clap emojis