Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

habeasdorkus posted:

Both of these are true, the Mets deal is fair and Lindor has every right to see what free agency holds. That being said, I don't think Lindor's going to get that much more by going into free agency - especially with a potential labor stoppage coming.

I hope he has an MVP quality season either way.
He’s definitely not getting $400 mil on the open market, especially when the league is staring down a labor stoppage in a few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004

cebrail posted:

And it’s not just the chuds. Many pro athletes are extremely superstitious and prone to believing in unscientific bullshit when it comes to medicine, that has to correlate well with anti-vax mentality.

Also having gotten my first shot, it messed up my arm for almost a week. I can see players not wanting to risk going on the injured list for something they deem optional right now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Slothass posted:

Also having gotten my first shot, it messed up my arm for almost a week. I can see players not wanting to risk going on the injured list for something they deem optional right now.

Yeah between the arm pain and the second shot potentially putting you on your rear end for a day or two, it seems reasonable to not want to get it in-season.

The answer was for MLB to fast track vaccines for players pre-season but time makes fools of us all.

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah between the arm pain and the second shot potentially putting you on your rear end for a day or two, it seems reasonable to not want to get it in-season.

The answer was for MLB to fast track vaccines for players pre-season but time makes fools of us all.

Yeah. That would have been smart, but you know MLB isn’t known for doing the smart thing.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Slothass posted:

Lot of softies on these forums crying about their arms after a vaccination.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
MLB literally tried to delay the season for a month as vaccines were ramping up and the union rejected it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
MLB could have implemented a system where each team could get a vaccine day and get 2 days off before going on a road trip or something to allow players to get it and recover from the arm soreness/other side effects. Or stagger your doses so not every player is playing with a sore arm at once (this is really easy to do for starting pitchers!). There's tons of ways to make it work.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Unrelated to vaccine posting but since people were talking about MLB blackouts earlier: if any of you have family members with cable / satellite TV packages that contain your RSN that shows your team, if you get their sign in you can watch your team on MLB.tv without having to use a VPN.

Its cumbersome and when I used it last it didn't save the password for future use so I had to re-enter it each time but it's better than nothing!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Where does it give the option to enter tv subscriber credentials? I can't seem to find it anywhere on mlb.com or mlb.tv

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

bawfuls posted:

Where does it give the option to enter tv subscriber credentials? I can't seem to find it anywhere on mlb.com or mlb.tv

You have to do it at gametime, iirc. Basically you select your feed, it'll say that you're in a blackout zone and somewhere at that point you can put in the credentials. I did it last season so I can't remember exactly how I did it but I know it's extremely counter-intuitive.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

seiferguy posted:

You have to do it at gametime, iirc. Basically you select your feed, it'll say that you're in a blackout zone and somewhere at that point you can put in the credentials. I did it last season so I can't remember exactly how I did it but I know it's extremely counter-intuitive.

If you have a local TV login and are in the blackout zone, your provider probably has a first-party streaming service too, which may be easier.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62gIZ5WHK4g

lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Inspector_666 posted:

If you have a local TV login and are in the blackout zone, your provider probably has a first-party streaming service too, which may be easier.

I'll have to give that a shot. It's just annoying that most streaming devices don't have the directv app. But I can work around it by chromecasting it from my PC.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Inspector_666 posted:

I got the first shot and it put me on my rear end for two days. I shudder to think my reaction to the second.

Sure as hell isn't going to stop me from getting it though. I'll take the trade.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1377249033622802434 Not all that exciting but the Cubs need a backup catcher with Romine probably out for a while with a knee injury. I guess they could have just rolled with Higgins, but he looked awful behind the plate whereas Wolters is if nothing else pretty dang good defensively.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1377249033622802434 Not all that exciting but the Cubs need a backup catcher with Romine probably out for a while with a knee injury. I guess they could have just rolled with Higgins, but he looked awful behind the plate whereas Wolters is if nothing else pretty dang good defensively.

You know who would have been better? Victor Caratini

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Wind will be blowing in at 16 mph tomorrow during the game.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I got the first shot and it put me on my rear end for two days. I shudder to think my reaction to the second.

Sure as hell isn't going to stop me from getting it though. I'll take the trade.

My first one made me feel like poo poo for about 12 hours (starting 24 hours after the dose) but my second one just left me with a sore arm.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I will never forgive the vile Tony Wolters for the 2018 wild card game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

I will never forgive the vile Tony Wolters for the 2018 wild card game.

How the gently caress was that 2018

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo its opening day tomorrow.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Holy poo poo its opening day tomorrow.

Yeah I think I'm traumatized by last year. It doesn't feel like it should be opening day for like 2 months

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Isn't that exactly how Kyle likes it?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It's why they call chicago "The farty city"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wasn't into last season and I wasn't able to get into spring training, but I'm starting to feel it a little now. Probably helps that its a nice spring day and I'm planning to spend tomorrow with my mom after she gets her second vaccine shot. So watching Opening Day with her should be good.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I am so loving ready for baseball.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

I am so loving ready for baseball.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

more falafel please posted:

Yeah I think I'm traumatized by last year. It doesn't feel like it should be opening day for like 2 months

Last year was stupid bullshit that doesn't count

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

lol I misread this as the SS Costco Inertia, a large container ship filled with consumer goods in bulk stuck immobile somewhere

e. which might in fact be :thejoke: but it shows how little I know of minor league rosters

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 31, 2021

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

E: never mind, i owned myself

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Enrique Hernandez: more popular than Mike Trout

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1377325283364179973

Krono99
Dec 5, 2003
Looking to get into an MLB.TV sharing group, am I in the right spot?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Krono99 posted:

Looking to get into an MLB.TV sharing group, am I in the right spot?

There's a thread in coupons & deals:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960688&perpage=40&noseen=1

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1376686261767966729

The Cubs' extension offer to Rizzo was 5/70. :lol:

He gone.

Insane to me they wouldn't give him $100 million for 5 years. For how much he has meant to the organization and how underpaid he was, it would be a nice gesture.

Rizzo also handed Ricketts $3 million during the championship ceremony.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2016/11/04/anthony-rizzo-world-series-winning-ball-tom-ricketts-cubs

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

sac is an incredibly smart man and realizes he has all the leverage here. he knows team lindor knows this is a fair deal and he knows there's a labor dispute coming and anyone and everyone will want a guaranteed deal before that arrives. i've gotta bet team lindor will almost assuredly agree to the 325mm. maybe sac throws in a few performance clauses or some other small things to make it look like team lindor got something out of holding out a bit. but really, 98% of the deal is done. this is all theater.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Been watching clips of this guy all morning.

https://twitter.com/sung_minkim/status/1376670045409976320

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

bawfuls posted:

Enrique Hernandez: more popular than Mike Trout

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1377325283364179973

LOL Why do Boston fans hate JD Martinez and Bogaerts

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I wonder what percentage of those sales are Dodger jerseys.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is it that surprising that the top jersey sales for 2021 are a bunch of Dodgers who just won the World Series? It's not like the 2020 season was particularly notable for the Angels/Trout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

Is it that surprising that the top jersey sales for 2021 are a bunch of Dodgers who just won the World Series? It's not like the 2020 season was particularly notable for the Angels/Trout.

Also I feel like Hernandez is a weird edge case in that he's incredibly well-liked, just won the World Series, and signed with a new big-market team so you have two fanbases who probably want to buy one.

I'm also interested to know what timeframe this is supposed to cover because who is still buying Boston Betts or Washington Harper jerseys?