Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Bargains-With-Daedra
Puffs-Then-Passes
Probably-Hungry-Again

edited-to-add: A-Shameful-Snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

ASenileAnimal posted:

havent played since the greymoor launch and im digging the new champion point system. also all my dps guys seem a bit less squishy now.

Yeah I like it and my warden is kind of ridiculous now, at least in normal content.

The only thing I don't like is that they took the names off the stars, so I have to move around and highlight each one until I figure out which one I want, and also it isn't clear the stars with sub-contellations can be drilled down into, but that's not a horrible problem.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Any benefit to buying the base game in the ESO store vs steam? I assume you can't cross-buy DLC and poo poo

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Shredder posted:

Any benefit to buying the base game in the ESO store vs steam? I assume you can't cross-buy DLC and poo poo

Steam users used to have problems launching the game. Dunno if it's still an issue or if it could return in the future :shrug:

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Shredder posted:

Non-Steam keys can often be purchased for less on third party sites, so you can get the game and expansions for less than Steam sale pricing.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Shredder posted:

You can buy DLC from bethesda or elsewhere and activate onto your steam version of the game (through the bethesda page). Most DLC is crown store, and you can buy crowns from bethesda or through steam, same with the sub.

The only difference is how you launch, you have to buy the base game how you want to launch. If you buy the base game twice you can link the two and the launch either way.

Lima posted:

Steam users used to have problems launching the game. Dunno if it's still an issue or if it could return in the future :shrug:
It's only an issue in that if steam's authorization server goes down then you can't launch if you only own through steam. In the past year it has happened once for a couple of hours.

So: Buy on steam, can buy DLC/crowns/sub on steam or through bethesda (or 3rd party), but because of the double login, if steam's auth server goes down you're locked out, might happen once or twice a year for an hour or two.

Buy through bethesda, can buy DLC/crowns/sub through bethesda (or 3rd party) [but not steam] but you're not dependent on steam to login.

I don't regret having gotten it through steam, since I always run steam.

Orv
May 4, 2011
My OG Argonian from launch that I should honestly probably get a name change on; Commits-Sheep-Crimes

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

So I'm pretty sure the ornate nose ring antiquity in Gold Coast is a goatse reference.

Stay tuned for more updates from BARON PORKFACE.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Baron Porkface posted:

So I'm pretty sure the ornate nose ring antiquity in Gold Coast is a goatse reference.

Stay tuned for more updates from BARON PORKFACE.

ah yes, I do enjoy sneaky references to the Heinous Anus™

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I haven't been able to login since the last update 2 days ago on Playstation. It gets to the screen with the reddish background with the ring wreath like thing and when I hit X to continue it never loads farther.

I haven't tried to lookup to see if this is a known problem. I have been to busy to play much, usually just doing daily crafting anyways.

Edit: I guess it isn't just me...

ESO Forums posted:

Hi everyone,

We've identified the issue and are working with Sony to deploy a fix as soon as possible. It may take 24-48 hours for the realms to come back online. As a result of these issues, we are going to be extending our Anniversary Jubilee across all platforms. Stay tuned for more details regarding the extension. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone’s patience.

Though this 2nd one was post at 6am yesterday and I still had issues at 6pm last night...

ESO Forums posted:

Thanks to the hard work by both ZOS and Sony services personnel, we have found a solution to the problem that was causing ESO PlayStation maintenance to be extended. Both PlayStation NA and EU realms will be coming back online momentarily. We apologize for the extended delay and understand your frustration. We’ll post more about this later today, including details in how we will be extending the Anniversary Jubilee event. Thank you very much once again for your patience.
Gina Bruno

Trastion fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 7, 2021

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Trastion posted:

I haven't been able to login since the last update 2 days ago on Playstation. It gets to the screen with the reddish background with the ring wreath like thing and when I hit X to continue it never loads farther.

I haven't tried to lookup to see if this is a known problem. I have been to busy to play much, usually just doing daily crafting anyways.

Edit: I guess it isn't just me...

Though this 2nd one was post at 6am yesterday and I still had issues at 6pm last night...

Huh, odd. I was able to get in after all that. Maybe restart your PS?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
GMG has a sale on - what edition of Greymore or Blackwood do I need to buy if I only have the base game and want the other expansions? It's not especially clear.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

kirbysuperstar posted:

GMG has a sale on - what edition of Greymore or Blackwood do I need to buy if I only have the base game and want the other expansions? It's not especially clear.
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-greymoor-pc/
Greymoor standard edition is what you want.

Collectors edition just adds a mount and and some extra cosmetics, not actual content.

The upgrade is only that specific expansion, the non-upgrade linked above includes Summerset, Elsewyr and Greymoor.

Blackwood is the upcoming expansion, and is not on sale. Even if you actually want it now you're better off buying the above and then buying the Blackwood upgrade, though the only new thing it brings besides the new zone is companions, so you're probably better off waiting on Blackwood until later in the year when it has a bigger discount.

Also Gamesplanet seems to have a lower price: https://us.gamesplanet.com/game/the-elder-scrolls-online-greymoor-download--1036-17

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 8, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Blackwood is the upcoming expansion, and is not on sale.

Well it is but it's just the 15% so it's probably a preorder discount thing.

Thanks for that though!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-greymoor-pc/
Greymoor standard edition is what you want.

Collectors edition just adds a mount and and some extra cosmetics, not actual content.

The upgrade is only that specific expansion, the non-upgrade linked above includes Summerset, Elsewyr and Greymoor.

Blackwood is the upcoming expansion, and is not on sale. Even if you actually want it now you're better off buying the above and then buying the Blackwood upgrade, though the only new thing it brings besides the new zone is companions, so you're probably better off waiting on Blackwood until later in the year when it has a bigger discount.

Also Gamesplanet seems to have a lower price: https://us.gamesplanet.com/game/the-elder-scrolls-online-greymoor-download--1036-17

So I guess my question is if I get the grey moor stuff what does that give me VS the paid subscription? I’m a little fuzzy on exactly how their system works.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

MarcusSA posted:

So I guess my question is if I get the grey moor stuff what does that give me VS the paid subscription? I’m a little fuzzy on exactly how their system works.

DLC in ESO is divided into Chapters and minor DLCs.

Buying Greymoor Standard gets you the base game and all Chapters that are currently released (not Blackwood that releases in a month and some change), but does not give you access to any of the small DLCs.

ESO+, the Paid Subscription, gives you access to all the smaller DLCs AND everything except the most recently released Chapter, I believe, which is to say Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr. Currrently you won't have access to Greymoor, but I think that will change when Blackwood comes out and becomes the "most recently released Chapter."

The issue being, if your subscription lapses, you lose access to those DLCs.

If you think this is a game you want to stick with, you might consider buying Blackwood Standard Edition (NOT upgrade), which will give you all Chapters now, I believe, and Blackwood when it comes out.

E: In terms of smaller DLCs, most are Dungeon DLCs, which are group content. You can buy the smaller DLCs separately (I do; subbing gives you Crowns roughly at the same rate as just buying the Crowns for the same money outright, so if my sub ever lapses I'll still have access), but if you only care about story content and not the Dungeons, you could buy the storyline DLCs, which are the Thieves Guild (Hew's Bane), Dark Brotherhood (Gold Coast, or Anvil and Kvatch from TES IV), Orsinium, Clockwork City, Murkmire, Dragonhold (Southern Elsweyr) and Markarth (the Reach).

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 9, 2021

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

MarcusSA posted:

Base Purchase: Base Game (23? Zones)+Morrowind
Greymoor: Base Game (23? Zones)+Morrowind+Summerset+Elsweyr+Greymoor
Those are the Chapters. Chapters are bigger zones with bigger stories and some extra thing:
Morrowind adds Warden Class
Summerset adds Jewelry crafting
Elsweyr adds Necromancer class
Greymoor adds Antiquities

Beyond that are a bunch of zones of varying size and quality. All are in the subscription but can be bought individually (for crowns only):
Orsinium: The biggest of the DLC zones
Thieves Guild: Self contained adds a thieving skill line
Dark Brotherhood: Self Contained, adds a Dark Brotherhood skill line
Clockwork City: Part of the Morrowind/Summerset storyline, probably the most visually unique zone
Murkmire: Self contained, Argonian zone.
Southern Elsewyr: Conclusion of the Elsewyr chapter
Markarth: Conclusion of the Greymoor chapter

Then there's a bunch of Dungeon DLC also all in the subscription, also buyable individually for crowns.

Paid subscription also gets you a bottomless crafting bag for crafting materials which seems to be the biggest draw for most people, and the monetary equivalent in crowns that you can use to buy the above DLC or cosmetics, plus a few minor other things.

You can trade in game gold for crowns which may or may not be worthwhile depending on how you value each.

Sky Shadowing posted:

If you think this is a game you want to stick with, you might consider buying Blackwood Standard Edition (NOT upgrade), which will give you all Chapters now, I believe, and Blackwood when it comes out.
The price difference between Blackwood upgrade and Blackwood Standard edition is bigger than the current sale price of Greymoor. Better off buying Greymoor and buying Blackwood upgrade separately, whether now, before June for the pre-order bonus, or later in the year with a discount.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok thanks everyone. I’ve just been playing for a bit so I’m not sure I want to sub but spending 8 on grey Moore seems ok.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Oh dang, thanks for the GMG pointer. Apparantly they're only doing Euros now so I got Blackwood for 32$ as opposed to the localized bloody 45€ that I've been ignoring from everywhere else.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Any NA Goon guilds currently around? I've got a free guild slot and might as well get some use out of it.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Howard Beale posted:

Any NA Goon guilds currently around? I've got a free guild slot and might as well get some use out of it.
There's one, not very active in terms of actually doing stuff together, but there are a few of us there. Post a username and someone will invite you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Are guilds per character or per account?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Are guilds per character or per account?
Per account, limit of 5.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Neat, in that case if someone wants to chuck @kirbysuperstar an invite that'd be super.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

The guilds and glory DLC pack is 50% off at 2000 crowns. It contains Orisinium, Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild and while it may be debatable whether those are the 3 best non-chapter DLCs, as a combo pack and 50% off it's the closest to a must have DLC in the game.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Orsinium is definitely Very Good, and the DB storyline is always entertaining in a TES game.

TG... I actually still have never beaten it. It's the one storyline in ESO I haven't finished.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orsinium owns pretty hard, Dark Brotherhood is pretty good, and Thieves Guild is kinda garbage storywise.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got my 2nd ESO character to level 50 today. :toot: a destruction magic user, and my first character was a tank. Now I want to roll a healer.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Was thinking about casually playing this game. Is a magicka sorc useful for anything. I think the one character I have is a 20 something high elf sorc.

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Saul Kain posted:

Was thinking about casually playing this game. Is a magicka sorc useful for anything. I think the one character I have is a 20 something high elf sorc.

General consensus is it's one of the better DPS builds you can do, and it has some good solo/pet options, so it covers multiple playstyles depending on exactly what you want to do.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Saul Kain posted:

Yes, they're good for spellcasting DPS. I find their power curve while leveling a bit weird where they're strong early, then dip for a bit as you become squishier but don't quite have the skills to make up for it, then they get strong again. There's a good variety of ways you can build them, too.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I honestly kinda want to play it as a solo experience. So pet sorc sounds like my jam.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Saul Kain posted:

I honestly kinda want to play it as a solo experience. So pet sorc sounds like my jam.

As long as you just want to experience the game and not minmax end game stuff you can pretty much play any class with any build. Of course some are easier but not enough to take you from your preferred style of play.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

jabro posted:

As long as you just want to experience the game and not minmax end game stuff you can pretty much play any class with any build. Of course some are easier but not enough to take you from your preferred style of play.

I'll add to this though: you can do the story stuff with anything and be fine. But having a magsorc already puts you a leg up in that it'll be super easy to transition into doing harder stuff if you decide you like the game and want to hang around awhile.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Man I would pay for a Morrowind expansion that made accessible all the ancestor tombs, daedric and dwemer ruins, dunmer strongholds, and velothi towers. There are a few other places in Tamriel that would be fun to explore (looking at you, Adamantine Tower) but opening up Vvardenfell would be amazing.

That said, I'm glad they've at least made places like those visible even if they're not accessible:

(Sky Haven Temple)

Fashion Scrolls 4 Lyfe

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

trying to kill vateshran hollows final boss on normal and its frustrating as hell. i keep getting it down to sliver of health and then it does that gently caress you aoe oneshot. any strategies for a magplar? its taking forever to kill the things in the portals so she ends up regenning so much health.

edit: beat it right after complaining about it. works every time lol.

ASenileAnimal fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 19, 2021

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

ASenileAnimal posted:

trying to kill vateshran hollows final boss on normal and its frustrating as hell. i keep getting it down to sliver of health and then it does that gently caress you aoe oneshot. any strategies for a magplar? its taking forever to kill the things in the portals so she ends up regenning so much health.

edit: beat it right after complaining about it. works every time lol.

I..more or less just play the eso trading fake money market and vet Vateshran. Let me know if you have any questions (regarding and of the 5 classes on mag, and otherwise Stamblade) as I have Spirit Slayer on those.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

DoriDori240 posted:

I..more or less just play the eso trading fake money market and vet Vateshran. Let me know if you have any questions (regarding and of the 5 classes on mag, and otherwise Stamblade) as I have Spirit Slayer on those.

are the dual wield weapons worth having to fight the annoying minotaur boss over and over? i was planning to get them for my stam sorc.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Today was going to be the start of an ESO+ free trial but it was pulled back for some technical reason. So that should be coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

Why do wardens use frost magic? Doesn't really seem to fit the nature theme

I have a hard time moving around and using abilities at the same time, anyone have advice for that? Makes PvP a nightmare

Also what's it like to level a healer?

a pale ghost fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 21, 2021