Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

really queer Christmas posted:

This is a good thing, which is how you know it will get stripped out or not pass. I will happily eat crow if it does pass and isn't watered down so right to work is banned only if the moon is in alignment and the chakras are smiling.

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1377098088196677632?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

frankenfreak posted:

gotta love a forum where "Close the camps and free these people" is "Not even attempting to contribute to having a meaningful discussion"

Can't be a discussion with such a strong opening position

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The crow sighs in relief

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Squizzle posted:

a star is how you turn good posters

is that how you see yourself lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

In Virginia with The Virginia Model they just blocked Lee Carter from trying to undo Right to Work so I'm sceptical that they will allow that to happen nationwide. If they do then good for them but I think there's going to be a lot not opposition from within the party and it will be dropped quietly.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Hey has AOC ever said why she was supporting Bolivian coup supporters of imperialism is the outspoken we need to fix to fix the border?

I get the feeling I shouldn't hold my breath

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the suggestion sabotage produced this outcome is a flat-out lie, incidentally

the Obama-Biden administration announced as part of the PR rollout that built the camps, and produced those first shocking pictures of children in cages, that their purpose was always deterrence.

to inflict sufficient pain on those seeking to come here, in a public enough fashion, that their suffering would serve as a wall to keep the unwanted from your subdivision. it is fortunate they came out and said this! while no other rationale would produce the ruling "yes, a five year old can and must self-represent in court" it is useful that we have their open admission on the subject, as it forestalls any of the inane arguments about intent.

this is not the system broken. this is the system functioning as designed, under one of the men who designed it in the first place.

the sole hitch in operations here is that for the past three years, the democratic script was that Trump's method for inflicting that suffering was bad, and it is proving remarkably difficult to transition that messaging from "now our inflicting that suffering is good."

they should work on developing better approaches than "the photos are doctored by the lying media," " immigration procedures from before 2014 are fake," and "you're just calling a program of institutionally brutalizing unwanted demographics bad to bully me."

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

In Virginia with The Virginia Model they just blocked Lee Carter from trying to undo Right to Work so I'm sceptical that they will allow that to happen nationwide. If they do then good for them but I think there's going to be a lot not opposition from within the party and it will be dropped quietly.

What's going to happen is this gets reported on, it gets dropped at the first chance if gets, Progressive Dems and the media don't say poo poo, eventually the lovely bill passes and most people think it does a thing it doesn't do

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

KomradeX posted:

What's going to happen is this gets reported on, it gets dropped at the first chance if gets, Progressive Dems and the media don't say poo poo, eventually the lovely bill passes and most people think it does a thing it doesn't do

Yeah sounds about right.

Then a week after it passes AOC and friends are talking about how they saved us from Super Right to Work or something so if we complain we should be ashamed.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lmao that "the president's pet is so poorly trained that he took a poo poo in the white house" is what they're deflecting TO this news cycle

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1377306477539508226

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

they're going to get rid of right to work and replace it with the identical left to work

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

loquacius posted:

lmao that "the president's pet is so poorly trained that he took a poo poo in the white house" is what they're deflecting TO this news cycle

Oval Pawfice managed to convert a twitter following into a job with the AP, and I for one am happy for them

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

loquacius posted:

for the second time today: UGH

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Shadowfoxx757/status/1377307030310936577

it's not even the worst dog-related scandal of this administration lmao

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

Yeah sounds about right.

Then a week after it passes AOC and friends are talking about how they saved us from Super Right to Work or something so if we complain we should be ashamed.

Ahh I did forget that very new step

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loquacius posted:

i feel like that headline should shutter the AP lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

i feel like that headline should shutter the AP lol

Nothing of value would be lost

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
remembering when AOC completely threw Ilhan Omar under the bus as Omar was being smeared as an antisemite for being one of two members of congress with enough spine to say palestinians should have basic human rights

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Pawsociated Pawress

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Oval Pawfice managed to convert a twitter following into a job with the AP, and I for one am happy for them

lol

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
we repealed right to work; but in the spirit of bipartisan compromise, we also outlawed union organizing

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I still don't understand at will vs right to work because they are both just you can be fired at any time without cause because my job freedoms??

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
right to work means you are entitled to the benefits a union gives you without having to pay dues afaik

just a weapon to drain the coffers of unions masked as workplace equality horseshit

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Oh Snapple! posted:

this remains a perfectly reasonable way to handle it.

don't touch the poop. dont touch the poop then come here to brag about it. dont bemoan when someone poop touches and gets hit for it.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

paul_soccer12 posted:

right to work means you are entitled to the benefits a union gives you without having to pay dues afaik

just a weapon to drain the coffers of unions masked as workplace equality horseshit

You can't 100% opt out of union dues, you still have to pay a nominal fee for the CBA giving you benefits. Unless you negotiate your own employment contract which I'm sure a company would take the time to do and give you a more lucrative deal than the union contract.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

what if i touch the poop and come back here feeling like a dejected idiot for touching poop as if i didn’t know better

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Insanite posted:

omelas isn't welcome in D&D either, iirc; it makes them feel bad.

lol seriously?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

dont do it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Well rip majorian I guess you were cool. Sorry for yelling at you.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I dont get the self ban tho, just come home and post with us.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the suggestion sabotage produced this outcome is a flat-out lie, incidentally

the Obama-Biden administration announced as part of the PR rollout that built the camps, and produced those first shocking pictures of children in cages, that their purpose was always deterrence.

to inflict sufficient pain on those seeking to come here, in a public enough fashion, that their suffering would serve as a wall to keep the unwanted from your subdivision. it is fortunate they came out and said this! while no other rationale would produce the ruling "yes, a five year old can and must self-represent in court" it is useful that we have their open admission on the subject, as it forestalls any of the inane arguments about intent.

this is not the system broken. this is the system functioning as designed, under one of the men who designed it in the first place.

the sole hitch in operations here is that for the past three years, the democratic script was that Trump's method for inflicting that suffering was bad, and it is proving remarkably difficult to transition that messaging from "now our inflicting that suffering is good."

they should work on developing better approaches than "the photos are doctored by the lying media," " immigration procedures from before 2014 are fake," and "you're just calling a program of institutionally brutalizing unwanted demographics bad to bully me."

buckle up for "saying we should close the concentration camps is white privilege"

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

loquacius posted:

sure, blame the dog.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

There's no going back once you've seen the line like he has

It's for the best

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

paul_soccer12 posted:

I thought the supreme court like, struck that down so no one is required to ever pay union dues?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

lol seriously?

it's not banned, but it is scoffed at lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Radirot posted:

sure, blame the dog.

My long history of dogposting will clearly show that I blame the Bidens for even considering bringing those dogs to the White House, where dozens of strangers enter and leave their territory apparently at random every day :colbert:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fresh account

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

tbh I'm glad this is happening now because I'm going to need a little run-up to be able to go about my day to day life in a few years when dems are apologizing for the roving drones that patrol the southern border vaporizing migrants as too complicted an issue to reduce to simple terms like "terminators"

"Actually death by drone vaporization is essentially painless, whereas if the immigrant isn't vaporized they're likely to suffer for many more years."

"You disagree? Disgusting of you to downplay the suffering of surviving immigrants."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

:chlaoc: