Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

The Demilich posted:

Space Marine Heroes project update:
I was able to make brothers Phaello and Aramus as tall as my normal primaris marines.
I added plasticard to the shins and lengthened the torso with greenstuff. I was hoping to add plasticard to the bottom of the feet and the thighs, but the feet are molded into the base and the thighs had too many accessories I didn't want to cut through on them.
I couldn't get the armor to fill out properly with additional greenstuff so I went with robes instead to hide my shame. I noticed the midsection on terminators always have 3 vertical cables, so I recreated that on one with guitar strings, but for the other model that wasn't an option so I created a chain clasp between his torn robes and then added purity seals on top of that to help hide the iffy sculpt.

Going to turn them into Lamenters since I got 10 assault intercessors who are joining them for a kill team sized crew. They'll prob be veterans who failed to cross the primaris Rubicon for my fluff.

I want to do something else with the shoulders, but I'm not sure what. Maybe studs? Would be cool if I had 3d printed Lamenters terminator shoulders, but the only ones I found were from popgoesthemonkey for $25 (including shipping) and frankly that's ridiculous. You get 10, but I just need two, and the minimum $10 shipping is a huge turn off.

Let me know if you find some files and shoot me a pm. I can print them out and mail them for pretty cheap.

Yeggi and cults3d have a pile of that stuff. I have no idea exactly what you want but would this work?

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/lamenters-space-marine-pauldron

w00tmonger fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Is that model actually missing its front teeth, or did you just black them out?

I love it either way :3:

It really is missing them - that's the insane level of detail we're talking about here :-)

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Got my first successful print! Printed this guy at 10mm just to test some settings. I would die for him!

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Been working on some more terrain for my gaming table.

Just the basecoats right now. Going to do some fall scatter on the inside of the church. Also thinking of making little flower boxes for the windows in the house and I still need to do the grey on the smaller house. Then everything will get a brown wash and drybrushed.

Also, I just realized I didn't post my finished Military Crew for Zona Alfa.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
It's a 30k xpost, my friends:

Major Spag posted:

Here you go, ya filthy animals!

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Verisimilidude posted:

Got my first successful print! Printed this guy at 10mm just to test some settings. I would die for him!

He is awesome! Where do I find the STL?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

BULBASAUR posted:

The skin tone you did on this lady's legs is extremely good imo. The entire batch is great, but this really stood out to me

Thanks. As much as I loathe to recommend Scale75 these days, their skin tone set is really good. All it took was a bunch of glaze layers up from their middle skin tone and not being a baby about leaving in some contrast.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Bunk Rogers posted:

He is awesome! Where do I find the STL?

In the post there's a link!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

grassy gnoll posted:

Thanks. As much as I loathe to recommend Scale75 these days, their skin tone set is really good. All it took was a bunch of glaze layers up from their middle skin tone and not being a baby about leaving in some contrast.

Oh no are s75 chuds?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Eediot Jedi posted:

Oh no are s75 chuds?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scale75/the-eagles-of-the-wwii-luftwaffe

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So I decided to give Goobertown another try after reading a few goons mention him earlier in this thread and because a video of his popped up in my suggested

Serious questions: Is the voice and tonality he's using somekind of schtick? If so, then what the hell? If not, then what the hell??

I couldn't watch the entire video without muting it.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

AndyElusive posted:

So I decided to give Goobertown another try after reading a few goons mention him earlier in this thread and because a video of his popped up in my suggested

Serious questions: Is the voice and tonality he's using somekind of schtick? If so, then what the hell? If not, then what the hell??

The first time I watched him I just couldn't handle it and my ex was visibly disturbed by him but he is a very earnest and good boy and has grown on me immensely. also those terrible paintings of his cats proudly on display is spot on. I'm not even a hug fan of cats.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

I'm a big fan of his voice, a bit bob ross like, maybe a bit baumgartner restoration vibe to. Just a chill calming voice. As far as I know he's just speaking normally (perhaps with some slowed enunciation for youtube clarity?). But like everyone likes different things so I'd suggest the opposite end of things and say go watch miniac who I can't stand :v:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm a big fan of his voice, a bit bob ross like, maybe a bit baumgartner restoration vibe to. Just a chill calming voice. As far as I know he's just speaking normally (perhaps with some slowed enunciation for youtube clarity?). But like everyone likes different things so I'd suggest the opposite end of things and say go watch miniac who I can't stand :v:

Or Next Level Painting, it’s like if a Rockstar energy drink was a person who was also an amazing painter.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Brent sounds the same in interviews and podcasts and stuff, he's just a calm gentle soul, I love him

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Finally started working on my Daves to Darkness box that's been zenithal-primed for a few months. I know it's a lot of images, but look how :allears: they are

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

TheBigAristotle posted:

Finally started working on my Daves to Darkness

:hmmyes:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

oh good, from now on I'm gonna call all Chaos Warriors Dave

they look great, very clean

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Winklebottom posted:

Thanks, yeah, I'm still undecided on where washes will go, I used contrast on the furs and the dragonscaley thing.

But the armor is probably gonna stay clean, it really pops nicely, especially the more I add detail work.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Winklebottom posted:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

On his podcast he speaks more or less the same, although he maybe leans a little into it in videos.

Dude just has a weird voice and manner of speaking. I kind of enjoy it myself.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Guess it's just me who can't stand Goobertown. Some voices really annoy me which is also the thing that prevents me from watching Auspex Tactics.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Marco Frisoni has the best voice

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

hhhhello guyysssssssss

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Guess it's just me who can't stand Goobertown. Some voices really annoy me which is also the thing that prevents me from watching Auspex Tactics.

Yes I agree. I'm not a big fan of YouTube voice™ and I don't really enjoy Goobertown's schtick either. I also have a thing about the way he holds things like his paint brushes and his airbrush. It reminds me of this weird kid in elementary school who would hold his pencil like he was stabbing the paper.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and I don't mind that he does any of the things he does, and I still watch his videos when they're available, but I don't get excited for his content or seek it out when I need information on certain things.

Spanish Manlove posted:

This I can agree with! Just the idea of an Italian hikikomori metalhead living in Ireland makes me happy.

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 31, 2021

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I need some brush recommendations. I bought a box of the army painter wargaming series and they've been not great. They do not hold their shape at all and some of them even came with splayed hairs.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Lucinice posted:

I need some brush recommendations. I bought a box of the army painter wargaming series and they've been not great. They do not hold their shape at all and some of them even came with splayed hairs.

I received a set of brushes from Game Envy and they're awesome. I think it's $40 for a set of 5 brushes, and they're worth every penny so far. They keep great shape, hold a reasonable amount of paint, and are very sharp.

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Finished this entry for #smashbash2021. It’s a kitbashing event on Instagram hosted by @totally_not_panicking.

My concept is cybernetically enhanced Genestealer cult fallen under the corrupting influence of demonic powers. I have ‘someday’ plans of filling out a gang with skeletons x neophyte hybrids and mortek guard x acolyte hybrids.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I had a natural W&N brush show up somewhat splayed and I can't seem to train the tip into a point. Separates within 10-15 seconds of use at the tip. Any suggestions to fix it? Gum Arabic ever work for anyone here?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Skails posted:

Finished this entry for #smashbash2021. It’s a kitbashing event on Instagram hosted by @totally_not_panicking.

My concept is cybernetically enhanced Genestealer cult fallen under the corrupting influence of demonic powers. I have ‘someday’ plans of filling out a gang with skeletons x neophyte hybrids and mortek guard x acolyte hybrids.

:drat:
That helluva impressive.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

AndyElusive posted:

It's not just you.

and hilariously, I find the same thing for Auspex as well.

protomexican
May 1, 2009
I'm proud of my 2-headed Weirdboy and I love this dumb hobby.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Lucinice posted:

These if you're not in the US. These if you are.

Looking these up has informed me that there's another Kolinsky sable ban in the US. Hadn't heard about that.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I had a natural W&N brush show up somewhat splayed and I can't seem to train the tip into a point. Separates within 10-15 seconds of use at the tip. Any suggestions to fix it? Gum Arabic ever work for anyone here?

Send it back. You shouldn't have to fix a brush you just bought, especially a W&N.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Lucinice posted:

Raphael 8404s are my go to recommendation for miniature painting. Absolutely wonderful.

Squidmar reckons the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHW9OkQ50Oc

as does Miniac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbCBdEjrFj8

Lots of great options out there, but I frequently come back to these.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Lucinice posted:

Glad it’s not just me. Bought two of their brushes, and never again. They both started splitting and fraying on me immediately.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Cat Face Joe posted:

These if you're not in the US. These if you are.

Looking these up has informed me that there's another Kolinsky sable ban in the US. Hadn't heard about that.

People tend to get the #0 and #2 yeah? I think I need a small brush because I'm trying to do elf eyes that are in helmets and I just can't do it with the brushes I have. A #0 presumably should help me out in that respect.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
A #1 is all you need for everything and it's also recommended for eyes because it has the same tip as a #0 but a bigger belly so it doesn't dry out as fast while you're painting

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Yeah, it's not the size of the brush, it's how sharp the tip is. I do eyes with a R&Co #2. I only use a #1 when a space is too slim for the #2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I got an army painter brush because the handle was a little bit thicker but after about 2 weeks of moderate use the ferrule got loose where it connects to the wood. It would wobble about 10° off to either side. I recently ordered some broken toad bushes that just came in today. I do wish I could find a nice brush with a beefier handle as holding most brushes cramps my hands pretty quickly.