Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shoehead posted:

I was having constant crashes all morning until I read it's super common for unity to crash with a certain overlay on, which I don't own, but I figured something similar like discord might be doing it and it looks like killing discord actually worked.

I'm clearing up some stuff on my old save from 2019 I never got around to finishing off and I'm very slightly now obsessed with some old theories about hidden stuff, namely The DLC truck and the COCAINE SKULL

My crashing came back, so I reinstalled. Still a no go though. I dunno what it is about this one game in particular but I've found more fake websites that turn out to be strings of gibberish text googling this one problem than any other, and I make lovely Game Maker games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am so glad I waited for the final cut, I didnt make it very far when I first got it so I'm super looking forward to experiencing the game at it's full potential.

Also, can someone please remind me how to quickly get cash at the start of the game? I remember the thing that stressed me out the most was that I had no loving idea how to get money for rent and an umbrella at the very beginning and was too stressed to explore since time was running out on the first day.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/studioZAUM/status/1377311097271812103?s=20/

Hotfix ahoy

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

I am so glad I waited for the final cut, I didnt make it very far when I first got it so I'm super looking forward to experiencing the game at it's full potential.

Also, can someone please remind me how to quickly get cash at the start of the game? I remember the thing that stressed me out the most was that I had no loving idea how to get money for rent and an umbrella at the very beginning and was too stressed to explore since time was running out on the first day.

Consider asking people for bribes donations. Don’t worry too much, the game actually has an out for you if you don’t have enough money on the first day, it’s paying on day 2 you have to be careful about.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Pshhh, got nothing on the Cyberpunk 2077 1.2 patch.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MrMidnight posted:

That's fine. One game is an all-time classic. The other? All-time disappointment.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

That's fine. One game is an all-time classic. The other? All-time disappointment.

Fully agree. Just thought it's a funny (or sad?) comparison.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The only thing new players need to know is that Half Light is the most important and correct skill in the game and should be obeyed at all times

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The only thing new players need to know is that Half Light is the most important and correct skill in the game and should be obeyed at all times

:hai:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

counterpoint: the horrific necktie is wise and all-knowing

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Yes but can the necktie speak perfect Greek like Half Light??????????

Also:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
anyone else having the game pause for several seconds after every interaction? i don't remember the original doing that, maybe my memory is shot, but it is super annoying.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Seems like you have to reenable hardcore mode each time you launch the game. At least on my end. Though it's easy to tell if it's on or not on the menu, because it changes the music.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I was incredibly worried this game wouldn't be as magical the second time through but it sunk its hooks right back in as soon as I started playing today.

I really, really hope this update gets new folks to give it a go because it is as perfect a game as we're likely to see for years

Yeah I went and spin kicked measurehead with my massive communist then knocked myself out trying to punch cuno still goty

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

MrMidnight posted:

the log notes on that loving patch are like 20 pages or something

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
How many skills can you max out? I've noticed you can use xp to remove thoughts and some other things like that, does it require careful planning or do you get enough xp for all your needs?

I'm having a major choice paralysis and I'm only on lvl 3...

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

ZeeBoi posted:

original VO was "let's get our indie musician and online friends to come in do some lines"

the VO now is "let's be a little more serious about it"

I hope they didn't pay "serious" money for the new VA because he "seriously" sucks.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

macabresca posted:

How many skills can you max out? I've noticed you can use xp to remove thoughts and some other things like that, does it require careful planning or do you get enough xp for all your needs?

not sure what the actual total of possible experience is, but you get dozens and dozens of levels. vague memories of someone in the last thread (xander77?) exhausting as much as they could and getting to like 100

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

macabresca posted:

Don't worry about choices, especially stats. Build the character you want to build, they are all viable.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

There's no real "builds" in this game, only different kinds of loser that you play.

Your're best off spending points when you really want to pass a check and otherwise keeping them in stocl. Though there are a ton of hidden interactions youll miss out on.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Banking can be a very effective strategy but yeah it's not very in the spirit of it, better to spend your points honestly and either start saving up or take the L when you can't make a check in my worthless opinion

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

No Mods No Masters posted:

Banking can be a very effective strategy but yeah it's not very in the spirit of it, better to spend your points honestly and either start saving up or take the L when you can't make a check in my worthless opinion

Alternately, never spend a single point.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

There's no real "builds" in this game, only different kinds of loser that you play.

Your're best off spending points when you really want to pass a check and otherwise keeping them in stocl. Though there are a ton of hidden interactions youll miss out on.

Yeah, it can't be stated enough how often the game rewards failure and low skills. Like, there are whole thoughts and stuff like that hidden behind checks that you'll never see if you're too good. Somebody calls you a cowboy, and you start to think "Hey, maybe I AM a--" until your rational brain kicks in and shuts that down, preventing you from exploring that any further. Sometimes you lose by winning, and sometimes you win by losing.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

macabresca posted:

there are thoughts that shower you with xp

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think I sort of knew this abstractly before, but my final cut playthrough so far has really highlighted how almost every red check early in the game gives you something better for failing it than passing. Very very smart & cute design

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
got soft locked when i had Soona and the Hardcore crew turn on her church machine. cool. happens every time i try to do it.

stuck like this forever.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:lmao: it's doing the same thing when i confront the person who has my gun. quality.

what an embarrassing train wreck. shelving this thing before i even get to the new content.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 31, 2021

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i dont feel all that embarrassed

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Give it a week. There will probably be hotfixes if it's that common that 2 different posters are having the same problem. Remember, this is a small independent developer and the update is free for everyone.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Give it a week. There will probably be hotfixes if it's that common that 2 different posters are having the same problem. Remember, this is a small independent developer and the update is free for everyone.

oh i will, just annoyed and venting.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I've had it soft lock on both the Church scene and the Pigs scene, but force closing the game and relaunching let me get past them both.

Only issues I've had so far.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Yeah I had some soft lock problems when the game was first released and they sorted them out within a day or two

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

got soft locked when i had Soona and the Hardcore crew turn on her church machine. cool. happens every time i try to do it.

stuck like this forever.

Have you tried scrolling down? Sometimes the text box doesn't do it automatically and ends up hiding the dialogue options.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

guyse if you are experiencing choice paralysis, one of the important things to know is that many skills overlap in their fields of action

composure and perception for example overlap with empathy or rhetoric in determining how a character is behaving

also have in mind that there are background checks that determine which skills chime in or not, and some trees can only work if others fail - for example, if your reaction speed succeeds at the background but rhetoric fails, you don't get a possible consideration of what that other character is saying, but since authority succeed in its place, you get its take, something that wouldn't happen otherwise

this is why we are repeating to not worry about your stats in a min/maxy way because you won't be missing out on anything, you will just get different perspectives

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

RubberLuffy posted:

I've had it soft lock on both the Church scene and the Pigs scene, but force closing the game and relaunching let me get past them both.

Only issues I've had so far.

Yeah, I had a soft lock early on when I was checking out the halogen watermarks with the headlights. Loading up a save helped. These are bugs, but they are probably the fixable kind.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I posted about the bug I've run into in the PS4 thread -

Regy Rusty posted:

In other news, I've now run into something that should definitely make people take pause on getting the PS4 version till there's a patch. There's a bug that seems to make it impossible to progress in one particular avenue of the investigation. I'm not sure how important it is, but I'll put it in spoilers here, maybe someone who's played it can tell me if I should just press on without it or wait for a patch.

It's currently impossible to get your badge back. There's a bug with the crashed car where it both isn't rendering properly, and can't be interacted with normally. You can look at it and wait for the tide to go down and realize that it's your car that you crashed. However you're then supposed to be able to examine it further (which after looking it up online I see is how you get your badge back) but right now you can't and instead you only get the choices to repeat the whole waiting for the tide to go down. As far as I could find myself there's no way to circumvent this, and what I'm finding online seems to confirm it.

So how big a deal will it be if I just keep playing without doing any of that? I the only specific thing I've needed my badge for was to get info out of Joyce, but I already did that through the drug smuggling investigation.

I know I could wait for the patch but I also really wanna keep playing.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I haven't gotten any bugs so far, except a graphical glitch where the skills I put points into remain black and white instead of being colored after I level them up and get out of the skill menu. But the points still apply with the filled in white diamonds so :shrug:

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

NEW THREAD NEW CONTENT GAME STILL GOOD AS gently caress

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
honestly i'm just salty because this bug poo poo only started happening right before my meeting with Actual Communists was scheduled to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Dunno if it’s just me but I’m not in love with the delivery of the guy who does the skills etc. His voice is fine but he keeps pausing at weird moments and I find it quite distracting