Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

why would you print this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Looks like I will have to keep playing mill.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This set is cool as hell.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sampatrick posted:

why would you print this

Cause it's a card that casuals are going to love but isn't good.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

That's a wild card. In Standard: Claim the Firstborn, Footfall Crater, Rune of Speed, First Day of Class. In historic there's a lot more, or Simic Ascendency. What ways do we have of making sorcs instant speed?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

That's a wild card. In Standard: Claim the Firstborn, Footfall Crater, Rune of Speed, First Day of Class. In historic there's a lot more, or Simic Ascendency. What ways do we have of making sorcs instant speed?

Fling?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I thought it rotated for some reason. Yeah, that's an option in Standard.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

8 mana win the game might be good enough. You can actually play 8 fling's. The DFC land too.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 31, 2021

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

mcmagic posted:

8 mana win the game might be good enough. You can actually play 8 fling's. The DFC land too.

Kazuul's Fury would be 9 mana win and the land side couldn't cast this but yeah still possible

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Gotta put it into a Yorion deck for extra overkill

VictualSquid posted:

Looks like I will have to keep playing mill.

hey man, at least this card the person casting it is counting their own library instead of asking everyone else at the table to count theirs

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

AngryBooch posted:

hey man, at least this card the person casting it is counting their own library instead of asking everyone else at the table to count theirs

Oh god this would be miserable in paper

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

AngryBooch posted:

Gotta put it into a Yorion deck for extra overkill

There ya go.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kazuul's Fury would be 9 mana win and the land side couldn't cast this but yeah still possible

I highly doubt it's good.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

I highly doubt it's good.

Which means it’ll be amazing, Temur OTK

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
If nothing else, it's an amusing alternate win condition in a Battle of Wits deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's also an instakill if you have a Terror of the Peaks in play. The problem is that the card by itself is pretty bad.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

fadam posted:

This set is cool as hell.

I will cast this and fling it at the opponent, preferably with vorclex on the field somehow

Also yeah, this set rules

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That card feels like it's gonna be good somewhere, but since it fits the "weird and awkward" sort of good it's probably in EDH.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Arbitrarily large vanilla dudes are rarely good anywhere, even commander.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

People have been saying for a while that a 20/20 vanilla for 6 mana wouldn't be playable in Standard, this card will prove them right. However, a lot of casual players are going to have a great time slamming this giant token onto the table, and I wish them the best.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Arbitrarily large vanilla dudes are rarely good anywhere, even commander.

And it'll be even weaker in limited.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's not the size, it's more the counters that I find interesting. Although when I say good it's more "good outside cEDH", this doesn't do like seven different card advantage things at once

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yea the fact that it gets counters makes this a lot more interesting for sure. This works with Simic Ascendancy, right?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The fact that it's counters allows you to win with Simic Ascendancy I guess. But mostly if you play this card you're gonna be looking to instantly win with a Fling effect.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I think it's a mistake to write it off for Standard and Historic already. It's likely not good enough, but it's so incredibly pushed on that one axis that a lot of experience we've had with big vanilla creatures may not directly translate. It's a worthwhile exercise to try to maximize it and see what happens.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Oh hey, an equipment you can slap on your enormous creature token so that it wins the game instead of being chump-blocked until your opponent finds an answer.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Jabor posted:

Oh hey, an equipment you can slap on your enormous creature token so that it wins the game instead of being chump-blocked until your opponent finds an answer.

Now this is podracing!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Jabor posted:

"gooooooo giant sentient library!"

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

drat 2008-2009 was a different time, Legacy Threshold decks played Fledgling Dragon. What the gently caress.

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=442&d=160657&f=LE

Anyway Phage top 8ed a small number legacy events as part of a Volrath's Shapeshifter and Survival of the Fittest combo package. Phage but easier to play and easier to cheat and somewhat harder to kill is the right way to think about it I think.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

This goddamn stupid pun almost made me throw my phone across the room.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Irony Be My Shield posted:

You really don't want "play Lava Spike X times then a hasty dragon kills your opponent" to be a good deck. If you only had to exile 3 it might be OK?

I assume the idea is you are gonna mill a bunch

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

drat 2008-2009 was a different time, Legacy Threshold decks played Fledgling Dragon. What the gently caress.

Anyway Phage top 8ed a small number legacy events as part of a Volrath's Shapeshifter and Survival of the Fittest combo package. Phage but easier to play and easier to cheat and somewhat harder to kill is the right way to think about it I think.
Full English Breakfast was one of my favorite combo decks, but it probably vanished once they took away "damage on the stack".

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

mcmagic posted:

Cause it's a card that casuals are going to love but isn't good.

The Arena Reddit is basically this right now. A bunch of people are like "If I play a 200 card deck, this thing is going to be a 180/180! That's so BIG!"

That said, it's hilarious with the Ozolith, so if any Timmies want to go wild with this and Vorinclex, now's the time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

That said, it's hilarious with the Ozolith, so if any Timmies want to go wild with this and Vorinclex, now's the time.

i guess I'm a timmy because I immediately thought "gonna slot this in my ozolith/vorinclex deck yup"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's a sorcery and the prismari Dragon makes artifacts into moxen.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

This feels like a real card. Ramp that doesn't cost a turn's tempo is strong and this puts the land into play untapped.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I want to know more about Bim.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Here's your mythic common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I always enjoy looking at 06-10 Legacy decks because it seems so different most of the time, and then you look at ANT it everything is the same except Top. Or Goblins up until last year looks pretty much the same.

Even though that is when I started playing, it really seems like Legacy totally changed after Delver - like it seems like a totally different format pre-and-post.