Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Xaris posted:

what is this?

Girls Talk, it's about religion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Gross

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Grevling posted:

Girls Talk, it's about religion.

is that the one where the insane catholic convert hijacked the patreon from her cohosts and producer?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Something like that, yeah. I've never been able to get to the bottom of it. Or even just, like, find an old episode where Amber was a guest.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Xaris posted:

what is this?
They talk about being mean, finding spirituality / religion and current day American Christianity. Cushvlog stuff basically.

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

is that the one where the insane catholic convert hijacked the patreon from her cohosts and producer?

The situation with the first iteration went very badly and you don't want to look into it because it's really dark and sad. There have been a few more rebrands and dropped co-hosts but I guess it's just Ashley with guests now.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

that podcast starts with the host saying she's a shut in and was very happy that the local parish would send a priest to her, to administer some sacrifices

that was way to intimate for me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
this is extremely awkward to listen to

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

You don't have to listen to it.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm the Chapo's DIA handler, so I actually do have to listen for my job

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm the Chapo's DIA handler, so I actually do have to listen for my job

Nobody reads those reports. If they did 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

that podcast starts with the host saying she's a shut in and was very happy that the local parish would send a priest to her, to administer some sacrifices

that was way to intimate for me

i don't think the catholics do those anymore

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ted hitler hunter posted:

They talk about being mean, finding spirituality / religion and current day American Christianity. Cushvlog stuff basically.

christman thinks american christianity is a moloch pagan cult

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a swinging pocket watch and a spinning spiral backdrop, but it's a podcast and you have to listen to it

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

THS posted:

He's right, I don't know how one doesn't see the only God in America is money

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

money and soft power

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

THS posted:

i'm behind like 2-3 months on cushvlog but yeah. matts thing isn't that actually neo-christianity/catholicism is good, but rather spiriturality is good and spiritually doesnt have to be some mass-produced mass-media cult thing. i think its difficult for some to reconcile that spirituality being good doesnt mean anything about americana christianity, but rather spirituality over love of humanity, deep and true love that can almost only exist in a spiritualistic sense. he's been leaning hard into a spiritualized awakening the past year but that's not christianity, especially not americana christian deathcult kind

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

THS posted:

as also does Chris Hedges and they are both completely correct. prosperity gospel is the worship of money and all of its attendant evils, to knowingly cast innocents into the flames so that you may be blessed

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I think Matt Christman basically ascribes to Zizek’s take on Christianity

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Danger posted:

I think Matt Christman basically ascribes to Zizek’s take on Christianity

he certainly subscribes to his take on hygiene

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

matt is an adherent of the orb goddess

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1377359071666393089?s=21

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1377358564092641280

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/the_antifada/status/1377255796757651456

this is my very favorite matt content out there and i haven't listened to most because it's all paywalled, rip

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Marianne Williamson was the best presidential candidate

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Paffgen posted:

The situation with the first iteration went very badly and you don't want to look into it because it's really dark and sad.

This is the best way to make it sound interesting so please tell the story.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Josh Christ posted:

This is the best way to make it sound interesting so please tell the story.

three words - trigger warning: suicide

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

has anyone tried to be a Ligotti leftist yet. That seems like a good gimmick for a podcast host. Like a Rust Cohle that supports Medcaid for All.

"Conciousness may have been a mistake, but collectively we can help mitigate the suffering it creates"

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

has anyone tried to be a Ligotti leftist yet. That seems like a good gimmick for a podcast host. Like a Rust Cohle that supports Medcaid for All.

"Conciousness may have been a mistake, but collectively we can help mitigate the suffering it creates"

Those are just nick land guys

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i really dont get the nick land stuff

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The Conspiracy Against the Human Race: A Contrivance of Horror is a 2010 non-fiction book by American author Thomas Ligotti.[1] Better known as a horror fiction author, with Conspiracy Ligotti offers a series of essays exploring his philosophical pessimism and antinatalist views. Among others, Ligotti cites Peter Wessel Zapffe (1899–1990) and Emil Cioran (1911–1995) as inspirations for his philosophical outlook. The book is noted for its repeated usage of the phrase "malignantly useless." lol

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

THS posted:

i really dont get the nick land stuff

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i wouldn't describe Land as a leftist. i always thought his thing was he wanted technological civilization and capitalism to give birth to some higher form of AI life that would emerge from the dead ruins of our world like a parasitic wasp emerging from the carcass of a caterpillar.

Algund Eenboom posted:

The Conspiracy Against the Human Race: A Contrivance of Horror is a 2010 non-fiction book by American author Thomas Ligotti.[1] Better known as a horror fiction author, with Conspiracy Ligotti offers a series of essays exploring his philosophical pessimism and antinatalist views. Among others, Ligotti cites Peter Wessel Zapffe (1899–1990) and Emil Cioran (1911–1995) as inspirations for his philosophical outlook. The book is noted for its repeated usage of the phrase "malignantly useless." lol

when he coined the phrase malignantly useless he was doing the world a great service. it's a wonderful descriptor for so much of what comprises our hosed up idiot society. the democratic party, for instance, is malignantly useless.

uber_stoat has issued a correction as of 01:09 on Apr 1, 2021

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Nick Land read D&G and took like the exact opposite meaning from it lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
nick land: "this is a level beyond racism. i call it racism 2"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Shipon posted:

nick land: "this is a level beyond racism. i call it racism 2"

ok i think i understand it now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Hooplah posted:

lol this is so true. can't say who's worse though. the dedicated chapo thread being in rgd automatically pushes the post quality down at least a couple notches
https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1377279318343233536

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

https://twitter.com/the_antifada/status/1377255796757651456

this is my very favorite matt content out there and i haven't listened to most because it's all paywalled, rip

that reminds me does anyone have a free rss feed for blowback season 2

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

paul_soccer12 posted:

that reminds me does anyone have a free rss feed for blowback season 2

its not out for another couple of weeks

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nick Land really wishes he wrote Neuromancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

lmao this is pretty funny