Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

genericnick posted:

Wasn't the gap between AZ1 and 2 something comical like 12 weeks? So if you wait three weeks for Pfizer you'd still be done slightly earlier?

Yes the gap is 12 weeks, because research says 12 weeks between AstraZeneca doses improves protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

InappropriateJazz posted:

Alternatively, put them all on some island and let them enjoy their :byodood: poison-free society.

I think the APPD already suggested this in the 90s... time is truly a circle.

I would unironically vote for the APPD. Sex, drugs, and basic income.

However I'm not sure that einpferching about 1/4 of the population on Helgoland is feasible while respecting human rights. Maybe we can rent some land in the UK to subsidise the British economy after Brexit.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Hey, remember the Gendersternchen?

Have I mentioned that i hate the CDU? Because I do. Vigorously.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Maybe they just meant "muss ja kein Mercedes sein, BMW ist auch akzeptabel"? :shrug:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Ooooh i get the „holocaustrelativierung“ Vorwurf now lmao

Cos they fixed it and the jusos immediately went for the slam dunk

https://twitter.com/mcrich_n_hard/status/1377310239775670275?s=21

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

Nur die Harten komm' in' Garten.

But Lakritzrecherche led me to https://www.worldofsweets.de/Lakritz--Extra-starkes-Lakritz/, and, uh…oh dear. I may get seduced into a few Impulskäufe soon.

Goddamnit, they had zuckerfreie licorice, now I'm 30 bucks poorer

ephex posted:

Meine hornigen Ebenen sind durch das Dach!

Argh, and of course just as my Privatinsolvenz slowly gets under way! That's another thing that has to go on my long-term list, sadly.

Fake Edit:

In completely other news, I did some Random Biking today (that's where you take your bike, go straight to your next grocery shop, get water plus some snacks if you want, and then choose a random direction to bike in, then you bike until the sun goes down without straying from that direction) and poo poo, I love my dumb city. Hannover really can't decide if it wants to be a forest, or a man-made town-like object.

There's tons of Tümpel, rivers, Kanäle, bridges, trees and billions of green stuff more everywhere, it's amazing. At one point I ended at a big Schallmauer just randomly blocking the way through a residential area, and found this weird hidden ramp which lead to a tiny metal passageway wedged in between a train line and the other side of the Mauer. And when I left this strange tiny metal bridge on the other side, the downwards ramp didn't lead to the other half of the residential area I just left, but instead into a completely different third part beyond. I have no idea how this even works in a simple, three-dimensional world

I wonder how often people find this hidden passage, as I expect a conductor suddenly seeing someone appearing half a meter next to your train is probably panic-inducing if you don't know there's a small, cramped passage hidden between that rusty rail and the wall.

Anyway, after that Hannover transformed into an even greener form, just less forest and more endless hallway of Schrebergärten.

Eventually, the sun started going down and I turned back just before reaching Mittelfeld. And ended on yet another bridge, swooping across the B6 like a boss before coming down near the Eilenriede Forest again. I'm just a bit sad I didn't think of taking pictures of that tiny hidden passage.

Did you guys find stuff like this when traveling through the places you live in?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Rarely, there’s a Schrebergarten/train passage just like what you described somewhere around Schloss Charlottenburg tho and yea I love discovering poo poo like that. Gonna have to get my Kette back on and start riding again seeing as my calf is hosed for running right now. Your plan - going as far without stopping - sounds great

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Yeah, I used to pick random stops of the bus or ubahn and find my way back home in Hanover. Without a map (that's cheating) but sometimes with a compass to get my bearings.

Found a ton of weird shortcuts. Hanover is a bit unique because it's so varied, like around the Leineufer you can be in a dense urban area, then 100 meters later you step into an agrarian landscape, you take a little bridge over the Leine and you're back in a residential area.

My commute used to lead through the Eilenriede, which was awesome.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Libluini posted:

Argh, and of course just as my Privatinsolvenz slowly gets under way! That's another thing that has to go on my long-term list, sadly.

How did you go Privatinsolvent? Addiction problems?

edit: actually, are you really Privatinsolvent? Because you just posted about buying 30 euros worth of Lakritz

oliwan fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 31, 2021

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

oliwan posted:

How did you go Privatinsolvent? Addiction problems?

It's the legos op.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I told you Legos were bad news

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Antigravitas posted:

Hey, remember the Gendersternchen?

If the road between thinking and language goes both ways it should be the complete opposite, shouldn't it? That is: Does the gendered word "Wissenschaftler" more often conjure the image of a man than the non-gendered word "scientist" and does that influence actual career options in a given society?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Libluini posted:

Did you guys find stuff like this when traveling through the places you live in?

Yes, I have a bunch of shortcuts of varying levels of legality I use in my running routes. One of the more useful ones (NOTHING beats the Niehler Ei in terms of usefulness) is a path that leads out of a park and first under a literal Autobahnkreuz, then over it (as in, across a Zebrastreifen on the Ausfahrt), after which you are near the Knast and the whole world is your oyster. Anschlussstelle Köln-Bickendorf on the A 57, in case any of you want to come shoot me in the head with a sniper rifle

e: or run me over, of course

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I think you are overthinking it. Wenn Jan aus Hessen in seiner Bachelorarbeit inklusive Sprache benutzen muss, then he's basically Hans Scholl.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Libluini posted:

Goddamnit, they had zuckerfreie licorice, now I'm 30 bucks poorer

Fake Edit:

In completely other news, I did some Random Biking today (that's where you take your bike, go straight to your next grocery shop, get water plus some snacks if you want, and then choose a random direction to bike in, then you bike until the sun goes down without straying from that direction) and poo poo, I love my dumb city. Hannover really can't decide if it wants to be a forest, or a man-made town-like object.

There's tons of Tümpel, rivers, Kanäle, bridges, trees and billions of green stuff more everywhere, it's amazing. At one point I ended at a big Schallmauer just randomly blocking the way through a residential area, and found this weird hidden ramp which lead to a tiny metal passageway wedged in between a train line and the other side of the Mauer. And when I left this strange tiny metal bridge on the other side, the downwards ramp didn't lead to the other half of the residential area I just left, but instead into a completely different third part beyond. I have no idea how this even works in a simple, three-dimensional world

I wonder how often people find this hidden passage, as I expect a conductor suddenly seeing someone appearing half a meter next to your train is probably panic-inducing if you don't know there's a small, cramped passage hidden between that rusty rail and the wall.

Anyway, after that Hannover transformed into an even greener form, just less forest and more endless hallway of Schrebergärten.

Eventually, the sun started going down and I turned back just before reaching Mittelfeld. And ended on yet another bridge, swooping across the B6 like a boss before coming down near the Eilenriede Forest again. I'm just a bit sad I didn't think of taking pictures of that tiny hidden passage.

I saw this thing on kickstarter ages ago and it seems like a great way to do that just everywhere https://beeline.co/pages/beeline-velo

I find more random stuff when I'm out walking but Bern just isn't that big. I tend to look more for graffiti or street art, space invaders is one of my favourites and he's got stuff all over Europe (and the world)! https://www.space-invaders.com/world/bern/

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Smirr posted:

Yes, I have a bunch of shortcuts of varying levels of legality I use in my running routes. One of the more useful ones (NOTHING beats the Niehler Ei in terms of usefulness) is a path that leads out of a park and first under a literal Autobahnkreuz, then over it (as in, across a Zebrastreifen on the Ausfahrt), after which you are near the Knast and the whole world is your oyster. Anschlussstelle Köln-Bickendorf on the A 57, in case any of you want to come shoot me in the head with a sniper rifle

e: or run me over, of course

I've been running with my rear end out since this steel fence I attempted to jump while going for a mildly spicy shortcut went rip and tear on my shorts

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

I've been running with my rear end out since this steel fence I attempted to jump while going for a mildly spicy shortcut went rip and tear on my shorts

That's not a shortcut, that's an obstacle

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Spent the last two days and nights frantically writing a Hausarbeit to hit the Abgabedatum today and now I'm gonna unwind by pouring the half-empty wine bottle I got in my fridge into a Messbecher with a bunch of Eiswürfel and just chug it

weeee here I go

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Spent the last two days and nights frantically writing a Hausarbeit to hit the Abgabedatum today and now I'm gonna unwind by pouring the half-empty wine bottle I got in my fridge into a Messbecher with a bunch of Eiswürfel and just chug it

weeee here I go

Red or white, cheers?

greazeball posted:

I saw this thing on kickstarter ages ago and it seems like a great way to do that just everywhere https://beeline.co/pages/beeline-velo

That’s rad (pun intended), I ordered it immediately even though it seems a little huge but that’s good for visibility and battery life right?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Weißer Burgunder every time, baby! Don't think I ever encountered a red wine that I enjoyed the taste of but tbf I also never really looked for one out of my own volition

Also I decided to use a glass. Seems like isolation has not fully eroded my manners yet

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Tin Tim posted:

Also I decided to use a glass. Seems like isolation has not fully eroded my manners yet

Wow, look at Herr/Frau Schickhose over here.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can someone tell me where Nordmazedonien is?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ausgangssperre in Hamburg ab Freitag ab 21 Uhr? well well well

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

Wow, look at Herr/Frau Schickhose over here.
Does it help if it's a basic Ikea glass?

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 31, 2021

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

What kind?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

oliwan posted:

Can someone tell me where Nordmazedonien is?

Right to the north of Mazedonien. That name is really descriptive.
Why do you ask?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Zwille posted:

What kind?

The one with all the little rings? Can one drink wine from that?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why do you ask?

Footegg

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

pidan posted:

The one with all the little rings? Can one drink wine from that?

This one? https://www.ikea.com/de/de/p/sporadisk-glas-klarglas-karos-90436917/

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Why do you ask?

thanks op. I would like to go there and spend all my money

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Behold my basic bitch drinking glasses

I do own a set of wine glasses but I'm not going to get them out of the cupboard just for myself

Chugging just doesn't work that well with them imo

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Oh those are ok I guess! There’s worse ikea glasses

Like these https://www.ikea.com/de/de/p/reko-glas-klarglas-80094014/

Or these coffee cups https://www.ikea.com/de/de/p/faergrik-becher-steinzeug-weiss-60143992/

Post your most hated ikea kitchenware itt

(Also what’s the deal with water tasting differently when you drink it from a Tasse?)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I hate their plates. Y'know those white ones.
Just look at this smug bastard.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/oftast-plate-white-30258913/
This one gives me a bad vibe too.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ikea-365-plate-white-70258949/

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Zwille posted:

Oh those are ok I guess! There’s worse ikea glasses
Eh that glass isn't bad imo. The striped one you posted earlier is a crime though. The tiny handle on the cup is one too btw

Iirc I bought my glasses because I had already saved them as the baseline drinking glass in my mind since you can see knockoffs of that design in most of the all-purpose retailers like Kodi or whatever Ein Euro shop franchise is in your area. So when I saw them at Ikea I just instantly grabbed them and was done with that part of my Haushaltsausstattung

Zwille posted:

(Also what’s the deal with water tasting differently when you drink it from a Tasse?)
The power of the human mind is scary :psypop:

Also I don't know about you guys but it was very warm and sunny today in my area. Pretty much Sommer overnight lol. Lot's of people out and about in light clothes, running, cycling and so on. Was a refreshingly normal sight to see even with masks or distancing. Dunno just felt good. Which is a welcome change to the last couple of months. If your area has not experienced the same today then I'm sry and hope that it comes to you soon

Take this substitute in the meantime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQqFeCCuwW0

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 31, 2021

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Ah, the Fliesentisch of salad bowls

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Did you miss page 1531?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I hate their plates. Y'know those white ones.
Just look at this smug bastard.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/oftast-plate-white-30258913/
This one gives me a bad vibe too.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ikea-365-plate-white-70258949/

I never saw those but yeah what the hell.

Tin Tim posted:

Eh that glass isn't bad imo. The striped one you posted earlier is a crime though. The tiny handle on the cup is one too btw

Yeah the loving handle. Also the small base. I would like my cups not too heavy, thank you.

Tin Tim posted:

Also I don't know about you guys but it was very warm and sunny today in my area. Pretty much Sommer overnight lol. Lot's of people out and about in light clothes, running, cycling and so on. Was a refreshingly normal sight to see even with masks or distancing. Dunno just felt good. Which is a welcome change to the last couple of months. If your area has not experienced the same today then I'm sry and hope that it comes to you soon

Oh yeah it was like 25C, it was amazing. Two days ago the riverside was already packed with people, it was weird after all this cold time. Gotta use some more hidden routes from now on so I don’t meet so many people on my runs :/

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Same here. I drove by the Isar yesterday and the groups of people I could see along the river was insane. I don't know how they even do it. That many people make me feel uneasy, I wouldn't even want to walk between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

We finally planted our balcony and had a lot of fresh air all day, it felt great, like waking up from being sick for a long time and suddenly you feel alive again. Hope the spring will come back soon, even if the next few weeks are gonna be colder.