Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

dmboogie posted:

those subreddits are obviously gross and bad and it reflects badly on the site administration that they’re still around but it’s not like the vast majority of the sites userbase knows about or actually posts on them

talking about people ‘outing themselves as redditors’ is embarrassing lmao cmon
There's a difference between deliberately self-identifying IRL as a redditor/goon/whatever and saying "Oh yeah I use this aggregate site sometimes" and it's not clear which one makes ok comboomer write off someone entirely as a human.

But I think the point we can all agree on is that nobody cares who ok comboomer writes off entirely as a human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

sticklefifer posted:

There's a difference between deliberately self-identifying IRL as a redditor/goon/whatever and saying "Oh yeah I use this aggregate site sometimes" and it's not clear which one makes ok comboomer write off someone entirely as a human.

But I think the point we can all agree on is that nobody cares who ok comboomer writes off entirely as a human.

you’re so mad that I said that I think less of vocal redditors that now you’re putting words in my mouth :smug:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Colonel Whitey posted:

I'm ok with turning this into the unofficial temporary Blank Check thread since it's tangentially related to BDG by less than three degrees of separation

Basically just wanted a place to post this masterstroke in the Carpenter v Verbinski war

https://twitter.com/zona_moribunda/status/1377295586991476736?s=20

I'm very much in favour of making this a thread for #TheTwoFriends and also Ben instead.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

New Super Metis posted:

please put this thread out of its misery again

Shinjobi posted:

Please god close the thread again
~cycle of complaints~
  • MaxFun Ads suck
  • Munch Squad sucks
  • Travis sucks
  • TAZ sucks
  • Live show questions suck (temporarily offline)
  • This Thread sucks <-- you are here
Why complain about the thread? If the quality of commentary here isn't to your liking you could choose to visit any other thread or website.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
When the thread is complaining/complimenting reddit I think the whole drat thing has gone off course but pardon the gently caress out of me, keep at it everyone

Behold, an act of rebellion by me:

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1377318237789155336?s=20

This is your moment; could this be the creation of a new bit? Let's talk about woodworking.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I kinda want to get into woodworking. It's seems like such a useful skill. My poor family though, their Christmas gifts will never be the same.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I kinda want to get into woodworking. It's seems like such a useful skill. My poor family though, their Christmas gifts will never be the same.

make a lot of ducks

just give everybody a duck every year

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Waterbed Wendy posted:

https://www.ana-white.com/

I use her plans a lot since you only need home depot grade lumber. You're gonna need stuff like a miter saw, pocket hole jig, a sander, and a brad nailer which may be a bit steep for entry into a hobby. But you definitely make up for it if you make enough stuff. Lucky "rustic" and "farmhouse" is very in right now which lends itself well to beginner furniture.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ohhhhh nonono

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ok Comboomer posted:

you’re so mad that I said that I think less of vocal redditors that now you’re putting words in my mouth :smug:
Sure, I'm SO mad.

The point you're not grasping is that high horsing any other website through the lens of SA is problematic at worst and laughable at best.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Someone should remake Scott Pilgrim but with all Travises

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Being John Malkovich but it's Being Travis McElroy

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Question submitted, and I'll know mine is read if they read mine!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I have a serious urge to get into woodworking, I just don't live somewhere that is conducive to it. My next house is absolutely going to be woodworking-friendly.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
This is one my favorite bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlzoYwfDS1Y

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/1377410248395223045

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Thank you for posting this, it was a breath of fresh air inside this fart filled thread

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

"The inside wet" is very good.

Also I smell a new Justin bit. Looking for the theme song, and come to think of it, surprised the dude hasn't released his own lounge-singer styled christmas album yet.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I can’t speak for every family, but my family did not want my lovely woodworking projects that I was very proud of.

It was still fun to learn though, but ended up being a thing that was just for my own enjoyment.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

If y'all are interested in woodworking, I've also done the course Justin did and it's great: https://theweekendwoodworker.com/

The woodworking thread in HCH is also a great resource, so check that out too.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1edHmNTgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc0TKzwSo0w

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Woodworking is a very satisfying, meditative, and useful skill! I highly recommend it. I've made two chicken coops, a bench, shelves, a (terrible) violin, birdhouses... it's a good time.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Woodworking seems like a fun practical skill, but hard to get into when you live in an upper floor apartment with no outdoor space.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I took up a bit of wood working

It was a fun experience and I got to use trigonometry in a practical way that made my life better

I made a quail coop

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Roach Warehouse posted:

Woodworking seems like a fun practical skill, but hard to get into when you live in an upper floor apartment with no outdoor space.

Yeah, that's kind of my situation. I looked into it though and there is a woodshop open to people who want to take woodworking courses. It seems pretty cool, now I just need a babysitter lol. They probably don't want a two year old in there.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
gotta start them early

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Jestery posted:

I took up a bit of wood working

It was a fun experience and I got to use trigonometry in a practical way that made my life better

I made a quail coop

This is lovely.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Yeah, that's kind of my situation. I looked into it though and there is a woodshop open to people who want to take woodworking courses. It seems pretty cool, now I just need a babysitter lol. They probably don't want a two year old in there.

Counterpoint: make your first project a toddler box and insert toddler in the safe artesianal box

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1377722166188335107

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’d be super interested in some two brother wood working content, ngl. I know everyone has thoughts about Travis but I’d be interested to see how he and Justin perform together alone. If my personal experience is anything to go on it’s going to mostly dunking as hard as possible on the youngest brother.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This may be a good Travis outlet because he did lots of stagecraft. I’m excited

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think it'll be good. It occurs to me that I like Travis fine when the conversation stays fairly grounded. see: early MBMBaM

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The fact that they do so few questions these days makes me morbidly curious about how loving utterly dire most of the questions in their inbox must be.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
If all this drama leads to Justin hosting a new version of the New Yankee Workshop it'll all have been worth it.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://twitter.com/pochowek/status/1377555644144836608

saw this tweet and thought of you guys. dtay safe

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Entropic posted:

The fact that they do so few questions these days makes me morbidly curious about how loving utterly dire most of the questions in their inbox must be.

I have a feeling that Justin's bit about "every question is the same thing everybody just wants to get out" was probably not much of an exaggeration.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I bet at least half the submissions are obvious stdh.txt monkeycheese nonsense

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I have a theory that every raccoon is the ghost of a Confederate Civil War hero.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Colonel Whitey posted:

I bet at least half the submissions are obvious stdh.txt monkeycheese nonsense

always have been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

there’s also probably a lot of questions that don’t really have a question