Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I don’t understand what I’m looking at? A new Tarn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

I don’t understand what I’m looking at? A new Tarn?

Sexy Tarn.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ships in exactly one month.

E: "Lady Eris is a bot with outlier ability that the mad scientist Psyaxus experimented on."

Am I wrong or is this a really lovely joke?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Headmasters suck because they neuter the character by making them stuck in vehicle mode unless their buddy happens to be around to make the head. It means these two individuals are forced to constantly stay near each other, and that bothers me on some psychological level. I'd be much more favorable to the idea if the larger body was just an exosuit for the little guy, who was considered like a Micromaster or something, kind of like the Japanese version of them but gently caress having a human in there, keep your fleshies out of my robots.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lodin posted:

E: "Lady Eris is a bot with outlier ability that the mad scientist Psyaxus experimented on."

The following sentences provide more context?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Lodin posted:

I can't tell, sounds like it is.

Anora fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 1, 2021

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just figured it was a terrible parody of that IDW comic where som Decepticon scientist experimented on Arcee. What with that being a female Tarn.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Knormal posted:

Headmasters suck because they neuter the character by making them stuck in vehicle mode unless their buddy happens to be around to make the head. It means these two individuals are forced to constantly stay near each other, and that bothers me on some psychological level. I'd be much more favorable to the idea if the larger body was just an exosuit for the little guy, who was considered like a Micromaster or something, kind of like the Japanese version of them but gently caress having a human in there, keep your fleshies out of my robots.

It's this, Headmasters should just be little robots, and their big bodies have no mind of their own.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
huh I totally thought that's how it worked all along. They were in that "energy crisis" micromaster phase so I just assumed headmasters were power suits

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Vaporware posted:

huh I totally thought that's how it worked all along. They were in that "energy crisis" micromaster phase so I just assumed headmasters were power suits

I know in the US comics OG Headmasters were regular robots that tore their heads off to show they were trustworthy.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Turns out Ratbat's peg will easily fit in Soundwave's gun, which means he can do an extremely stable shoulder pose.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Vaporware posted:

In the original G1 miniseries and the Marvel comics they were the lil humans/nebulans who were somehow cracking themselves into ridiculous shapes to be heads/motors/guns/etc. Masterforce it was humans with master technology instead of little robots too. I prefer the tiny robots with big body suits though for sure.

Also I love headmasters so Titans Return is still one of my favorite recent lines still. I even grew up with a headless (and weaponless) Skullcruncher and still liked that guy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Turns out Ratbat's peg will easily fit in Soundwave's gun, which means he can do an extremely stable shoulder pose.

All I can see is a drunken Ratbat singing loudly a song about energon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Medullah posted:

I GET KNOCKED DOWN

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Medullah posted:

The cassettes using Soundwave as a karaoke machine isn't something I knew I wanted until now.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

The cassettes using Soundwave as a karaoke machine isn't something I knew I wanted until now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

This is a good good tip.

oh no

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Xenomrph posted:

It’s mostly the headmaster gimmick. The mere possibility that I could lose a vital component of my toy and fundamentally cripple it is a turn off. It’s the same reason I don’t care for parts-forming.

I never liked Headmasters for exactly this reason, and during the Titans Returns line I avoided buying some favorite characters, like Kup and Misfire, just because Hasbro had turned them into Headmasters even though they WEREN'T Headmasters in the old line. That's revisionist history!

Actually, I'm not sure if I ever saw Misfire for sale in stores. Looking at eBay prices now, he must've been rare.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Titans Return Kup should’ve come with his Targetmaster to keep his head guy company.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Combiners are my favorite TF gimmick, followed closely by Headmasters.

HEAD ON is the greatest battle cry ever.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kid Fenris posted:

I never liked Headmasters for exactly this reason, and during the Titans Returns line I avoided buying some favorite characters, like Kup and Misfire, just because Hasbro had turned them into Headmasters even though they WEREN'T Headmasters in the old line. That's revisionist history!

Actually, I'm not sure if I ever saw Misfire for sale in stores. Looking at eBay prices now, he must've been rare.

I never saw Misfire, Windblade, or Twin Twist at retail. I ended up buying Windblade on eBay (and I’m glad I did, she rules) but I haven’t got the other two.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Combiners are my favorite TF gimmick, followed closely by Headmasters.

HEAD ON is the greatest battle cry ever.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Soundwave is the best dad Transformer

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
For sure. Blaster neglects his kids and just sits at home all day getting high on dank energon while listening to recordings of Sky-Bite's lovely beat poetry.

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

If <waves arm expansively> was legalized.

Burkion posted:

Soundwave is the best dad Transformer

Starring Ratbat as Alex P. Keaton
sha-la-la-la

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bought a near-complete G1/G2 Thunderclash on eBay, here’s hoping he’s not too fragile due to gold plastic syndrome! :ohdear:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Xenomrph posted:

I never saw Misfire, Windblade, or Twin Twist at retail. I ended up buying Windblade on eBay (and I’m glad I did, she rules) but I haven’t got the other two.

The last few waves were impossible to find. I actually ended up finding Windblade at an auto museum gift shop of all places.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xenomrph posted:

Bought a near-complete G1/G2 Thunderclash on eBay, here’s hoping he’s not too fragile due to gold plastic syndrome! :ohdear:

Do not touch him, do not transform him, do not even brush up against him

Leave him as you get him and bask in his glory

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

What if he comes in vehicle mode, and my whole Transformers display is in robot mode? :ohdear:

The eBay listing did show him in both modes, but I understand that GPS is a huge gamble

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

What if he comes in vehicle mode, and my whole Transformers display is in robot mode?
Then obviously you fix the steaming pile of shampoo bottle garbage you call a display?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xenomrph posted:

What if he comes in vehicle mode, and my whole Transformers display is in robot mode? :ohdear:

The eBay listing did show him in both modes, but I understand that GPS is a huge gamble

From what I understand about his GPS, don't touch his trailer too much- the main gamble you have are his feet, for the robot itself. Joking aside you should be able to transform him and be fine, I just would *not* try to transform his trailer.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Spiderdrake posted:

Then obviously you fix the steaming pile of shampoo bottle garbage you call a display?

You’re just jealous

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Then you buy another one already in robot mode, and then never touch either of them again.

Honestly, the MMC Thunderclash wasn’t nearly as good with its colours. More gold! More hot pink!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Xenomrph posted:

NEAR-complete? Missing what, a missle or two I bet.
If he comes broken, or you immediately break him, sell me the back-flap that hides his head in truck mode. Somehow I managed to lose that on mine.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I got my Unicron yesterday and finally got around to unboxing it today. Honestly I'm pretty unhappy with it, what a floppy-paneled mess. I knew there were going to be a lot of panels of course, but for $700 I expected them to actually secure together tightly and not be flying all over the place while trying to transform it, and it would be nice if he wasn't so backheavy that he didn't have to have the stand up his rear end all the time to be stable. The only thing keeping me from selling it is the absolute dread I have of putting it back in planet mode.

He does look drat impressive standing there though.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

I got my Unicron yesterday and finally got around to unboxing it today. Honestly I'm pretty unhappy with it, what a floppy-paneled mess. I knew there were going to be a lot of panels of course, but for $700 I expected them to actually secure together tightly and not be flying all over the place while trying to transform it, and it would be nice if he wasn't so backheavy that he didn't have to have the stand up his rear end all the time to be stable. The only thing keeping me from selling it is the absolute dread I have of putting it back in planet mode.

He does look drat impressive standing there though.

If you don't care about being able to transform him back, it's pretty easy to remove the leg and back kibble for a much cleaner robot mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-d9nXEmT98

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Diet Poison posted:

NEAR-complete? Missing what, a missle or two I bet.
If he comes broken, or you immediately break him, sell me the back-flap that hides his head in truck mode. Somehow I managed to lose that on mine.

Apparently he’s missing 4 missiles and his handgun, the listing didn’t say anything else was missing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

The last few waves were impossible to find. I actually ended up finding Windblade at an auto museum gift shop of all places.

The Peterson in LA?

They were loaded when I visited 3 years ago.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

If you don't care about being able to transform him back, it's pretty easy to remove the leg and back kibble for a much cleaner robot mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-d9nXEmT98
Nah, I hate partsformers. It's important to me to know he can transform, even if I never do it again. Thanks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Knormal posted:

Nah, I hate partsformers. It's important to me to know he can transform, even if I never do it again. Thanks though.

So you're not going to be getting a Raktonite?