Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Overture posted:

Bumpppp! Hoping I can get in tonight, looks like there is only one slot left.

yo -- just PM me on discord... GluttonySDS#0952 -- i will make sure to free up a slot for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

When y’all are out gathering do you carry the two other tools for the area your in usually? I always get sad when I drive by some glowing ore and don’t have tools

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

If I’m gathering I usually keep all the tools for everything on me because I’m dumb, but your idea is better.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Why are fletcher labourers so popular? Is it because they’re the only one that gives back leather? Is that such a big deal? I’ve been using imbuer and they give nice returns and am just wondering about the meta labourers.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Virigoth posted:

Why are fletcher labourers so popular? Is it because they’re the only one that gives back leather? Is that such a big deal? I’ve been using imbuer and they give nice returns and am just wondering about the meta labourers.

I think this is basically the jist of it - leather is relatively difficult to gather because not only are you clicking on a gathering node, but you have to kill something first which takes more time.

I think imbuers are considered pretty good too - for a while I was running ~100 imbuer laborers a day (mix of t4 and t5 journals) and it was a pretty decent profit for a small amount of time.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

causticBeet posted:

I think this is basically the jist of it - leather is relatively difficult to gather because not only are you clicking on a gathering node, but you have to kill something first which takes more time.

I think imbuers are considered pretty good too - for a while I was running ~100 imbuer laborers a day (mix of t4 and t5 journals) and it was a pretty decent profit for a small amount of time.

Pretty sure thats how people get rich in this game -- setup like 50 islands with hundreds of labourers and eventually you making mils a day.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

How do people do multiple islands? Just use alts?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Alts and I’ve heard you can make an island and level it and as long as perms are set right your alt can leave and make another island

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Pandaal posted:

Correct.... accounts are free to make now :)

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Pandaal posted:

You don’t even need to keep the character that you crate the guild/island with. Once you buy the guild island on an alt and give your main character (or ideally a secondary character that you use just for running laborers) the appropriate island access, you can just delete the guild/island owner. You won’t be able to upgrade the island any more, but that doesn’t matter since you just want it for the guild hall anyways, which is available on a level one guild island.

Guild halls are vastly preferable to personal islands for laborers. You can slam 15 into one big house instead of having a bunch of them spread out which saves you a lot of time. It’s also a bit more efficient with furniture bonuses because a single table will satisfy 5 laborers, which leaves you with unused table slots if you’re just using houses on a personal island. Biggest benefit though is that you can make a guild island without premium, only need ~200k to start a guild and buy the island.

Only other tip would be to use the mobile client, which is way faster for the act of actually giving the laborers journals/collecting returns.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Why wouldn’t I want to upgrade the guild island to 6 and have all the houses filled with labourers? 42per island seems better than just 15. Maybe it is a cost : convenience thing?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Virigoth posted:

Why wouldn’t I want to upgrade the guild island to 6 and have all the houses filled with labourers? 42per island seems better than just 15. Maybe it is a cost : convenience thing?

Because it’s way faster to run down a line of 15 laborers than it is to run around between a bunch of houses of 3. I’m not sure how the costs work out but I assume it’s similar to personal islands where they scale exponentially - but even if they didn’t, the simplicity and efficiency of furniture usage would make it still better to only use the hall.

For more detail on the furniture - a table supplies happiness to 6 laborers within the same building. This means you will always have some “wasted” furniture capacity, but it’s much better to have 3 tables for 15 laborers in one building (3 “slots” wasted) vs 5 tables for 15 laborers in 3 buildings (9 “slots” wasted)

Other note here is that all relies on buying the filled journals, processing them with the laborers, and then either selling (or crafting with) the returned materials and selling the empty journal. When you start to get up to higher counts of laborers it’s not feasible to supply your own journals, and opportunity cost is always a thing, so make sure you’re doing the math there. Generally you always want to do mass-laborers with crafting journals, since they are much easier to fill and tend to have more reasonable prices.

Rolando
Jan 12, 2021
Recently started playing, got to T4.2 and have been doing corrupted dungeons. Looking to join the guild to have people to run with. IG name: Rolinator

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Rolando posted:

Recently started playing, got to T4.2 and have been doing corrupted dungeons. Looking to join the guild to have people to run with. IG name: Rolinator

yo -- 4.2 means youre ready to kill :)

Apply in game to Awful Company 42069 and/or send PM on discord to GluttonySDS#0952

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I'm in a severe MMO depression, played to death anything I previously liked and got bored. So need something fresh.
Haven't played Albion yet so i'll give it a try.

How do I play with Goons? I tried the discord link but failed.

BigDaddyDuck
Dec 23, 2018

I applied in game and registered on the discord for Awful Company 42069, but it's been a few days and haven't heard anything. Am I missing a step to game with some goons? :cheers:

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

BigDaddyDuck posted:

I applied in game and registered on the discord for Awful Company 42069, but it's been a few days and haven't heard anything. Am I missing a step to game with some goons? :cheers:

Whats your char name?

BigDaddyDuck
Dec 23, 2018

FormerFatty posted:

Whats your char name?
LittleDucky

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
So I've played a little bit solo for a few days but now I feel lost. I tried to register in the discord but it said it couldn't find me but I'll try again. And could I get a guild invite/acceptance for either guild? Name is GodsFavoriteDog

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

baby delivery truck posted:

So I've played a little bit solo for a few days but now I feel lost. I tried to register in the discord but it said it couldn't find me but I'll try again. And could I get a guild invite/acceptance for either guild? Name is GodsFavoriteDog

apply in game to awful company 42069

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I've been waiting for my guild application to be approved for a little while now, any chance of either guild putting me through pretty soon? I feel like I'm hitting a bottleneck without a guild, and pubbies are hard to group with. I'm about to hit t7 gear, I run green and corrupted dungeons in red and black zones, I have ~2mil silver and ~2 mil of gear in my stash, but I feel like I'm missing out on a lot without a guild,

Name is GodsFavoriteDog

While waiting for guild approval, what's the most efficient way to farm silver solo? Also, raising gathering takes forever, I'm still only able to use the t3 tools. Should I have been using my learning points on those skills from the start? Should I be doing that now?

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
Gathering is a grind, especially when you’re out in the royals competing with a million pubbies for nodes. Focus on one or two resource types at first, once you’re up to t4 you’ll be able to boost your return (and fame rate) with a set of the appropriate gathering clothes, and pot pies are a godsend as well.

Definitely save up learning points to unlock higher tiers. Combat skills will go up naturally and you’ll be able to funnel fame credits into them too once you eventually max out the specs for the stuff you use. I’m at T8 for wood, fiber, and hide, and I think I would have gone insane if I wasn’t able to skip up once I hit 20% mastery each time.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Merton Blask posted:

Gathering is a grind, especially when you’re out in the royals competing with a million pubbies for nodes. Focus on one or two resource types at first, once you’re up to t4 you’ll be able to boost your return (and fame rate) with a set of the appropriate gathering clothes, and pot pies are a godsend as well.

Definitely save up learning points to unlock higher tiers. Combat skills will go up naturally and you’ll be able to funnel fame credits into them too once you eventually max out the specs for the stuff you use. I’m at T8 for wood, fiber, and hide, and I think I would have gone insane if I wasn’t able to skip up once I hit 20% mastery each time.

Makes sense, thank you. That also means I should continue selling the tomes of insight I find, right? Or if I'm wearing gathering clothes will the tomes boost gathering XP?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

baby delivery truck posted:

Makes sense, thank you. That also means I should continue selling the tomes of insight I find, right? Or if I'm wearing gathering clothes will the tomes boost gathering XP?

Gathering XP can only be boosted with learning points, wearing the gear and consuming tomes will not level it like
It will with any combat gear.

It’s pretty common advice to recommend “use learning points on gathering” because it’s definitely an efficient way to spend them, but I think it’s over-suggested. Unless you really enjoy gathering it’s probably not worth it.

10thAvenue
Jun 7, 2004

New player here. I sent an application to Awful Company 42069 with my character MartianGirl and also registered my character on Discord, but my application has been denied twice. Is there something else I need to do?

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

Also new player, mind approving the application from Snakeb1t when I set it up again today?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Are any goons still playing this? I reinstalled recently and am pretty shocked at how active the game is. Its pretty fun too. The Awful Company guild seems to be primarily pubies at this point so Im curious if anyone else is still playing and has found a decent guild.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

Are any goons still playing this? I reinstalled recently and am pretty shocked at how active the game is. Its pretty fun too. The Awful Company guild seems to be primarily pubies at this point so Im curious if anyone else is still playing and has found a decent guild.

Yea -- we still playing it... most of us in AC/ARCH.

For some reason, goons never really stuck with Albion -- probbaly because it was pretty poo poo for a looong time but its gotten much better for sure (both in terms of gameplay and population).

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
is there a jester hat

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

FormerFatty posted:

Yea -- we still playing it... most of us in AC/ARCH.

For some reason, goons never really stuck with Albion -- probbaly because it was pretty poo poo for a looong time but its gotten much better for sure (both in terms of gameplay and population).

Yeah, I asked about other guilds because I watched my wife go through the process of joining the AC newbie guild and, well, yikes. An application, informal interview, questions about build, fame, etc and her application still got rejected. If thats how you want to run your alliance's newbie guild thats fine, but its a little to hardcore for me. If some other goons are playing with a guild thats a little more relaxed Id be interesting in joining though.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Yeah, I asked about other guilds because I watched my wife go through the process of joining the AC newbie guild and, well, yikes. An application, informal interview, questions about build, fame, etc and her application still got rejected. If thats how you want to run your alliance's newbie guild thats fine, but its a little to hardcore for me. If some other goons are playing with a guild thats a little more relaxed Id be interesting in joining though.

Huh? Who interviewed anyone in AC? Theres no interview bro -- just PM me on discord and Ill add whoever to 42069.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

That would by Gluttony. The contact person listed in the guilds invite instructions. That's you, right?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

That would by Gluttony. The contact person listed in the guilds invite instructions. That's you, right?

Never done an interview for AC except when we ask people where they from/how old they are/their drug of choice... yea hit me up on discord if youre still having issues.

10thAvenue
Jun 7, 2004

FormerFatty posted:

Never done an interview for AC except when we ask people where they from/how old they are/their drug of choice... yea hit me up on discord if youre still having issues.

DapperDracula is referring to me - I PMed on Discord (10thAvenue is my Discord name, MartianGirl my Albion character) and was asked my fame and never heard back, but the third application I submitted after starting the PM was declined so I figured that was my answer. I since joined another guild, but would consider dropping it if the 42069 guild is still an option.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

10thAvenue posted:

DapperDracula is referring to me - I PMed on Discord (10thAvenue is my Discord name, MartianGirl my Albion character) and was asked my fame and never heard back, but the third application I submitted after starting the PM was declined so I figured that was my answer. I since joined another guild, but would consider dropping it if the 42069 guild is still an option.

yea of course -- just PM me on discord, sorry about the confusion -- not a lot of goons still play so the people doing recruitment probably said they dont have stairs in their house because they live in a rancher.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
Looks like the mobile version is coming out in a couple days, how does it control on Android?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

TwoQuestions posted:

Looks like the mobile version is coming out in a couple days, how does it control on Android?

Allegedly pretty well -- theyve done a ton of UI tweaks and things like making spells which are skill shots on the PC do an auto-targetted version on the mobile to help bridge the disparity between the 2.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

In as SaltMeat, couldn't find Awful Company EQMS 250k in game so applied to Awful Company 42069.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Kim Jaym Il posted:

In as SaltMeat, couldn't find Awful Company EQMS 250k in game so applied to Awful Company 42069.

Updated OP to change from EQMS 250k to 42069... thanks for the reminder <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

the mobile launch lag is bringing in so many salty tears.