Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It kind of reminds me of the dubya "fool me once" speech, where he realises half way through that he's the idiot in that metaphor.

He didn't remember the saying, as happens with humans. All these weird explanations where he supposedly didn't want to say "shame on me" for some weird reason make no sense at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/BadMedicalTakes/status/1377607176982790147?s=20

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1377654818949451777

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1377614474862006279

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

i definitely hope this person doesn't contract covid and die a painful terrifying death alone in an ICU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

ben shapino posted:

i definitely hope this person doesn't contract covid and die a painful terrifying death alone in an ICU

If anyone deserves it, it’s probably her.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The annoying thing is, fitness and a healthy diet are incredibly good at strengthening your immune system, so if she weren't being an rear end in a top hat about it, it would be good advice. 'Twenty squats a day keep the Rona away.' It's catchy.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Is that kind of pull-up an actual useful thing? They look like turning a normal strength training thing into a pointlessly dangerous and painful cardio exercise.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Why do these people never have any redeeming qualities. Like of course that turned out to be the worst possible workout imaginable.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cardiovorax posted:

The annoying thing is, fitness and a healthy diet are incredibly good at strengthening your immune system, so if she weren't being an rear end in a top hat about it, it would be good advice. 'Twenty squats a day keep the Rona away.' It's catchy.

No, gently caress all those people. It's like when the (former I guess, since Amazon bought them) owner of Whole Foods said we didn't need Obamacare, just more organic fruits and vegetables.

Yes, Americans in general need to eat better and engage in more physical activity, but it absolutely doesn't benefit people enough to make up for systemic problems in what should be widespread public health policies.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is that the "I want to develop joint problems" workout?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

yeah, that's crossfit

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
It is apparently a crossfit pull-up, which does indeed look like it would massively gently caress up your back.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Martman posted:

Is that kind of pull-up an actual useful thing? They look like turning a normal strength training thing into a pointlessly dangerous and painful cardio exercise.

It's crossfit so no.

Now hold my beer while I try telling a bunch of old and sick people to do some squats.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Skwirl posted:

No, gently caress all those people. It's like when the (former I guess, since Amazon bought them) owner of Whole Foods said we didn't need Obamacare, just more organic fruits and vegetables.

Yes, Americans in general need to eat better and engage in more physical activity, but it absolutely doesn't benefit people enough to make up for systemic problems in what should be widespread public health policies.
Fair enough. Sorry, I didn't know it's that much of a public health issue.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Fair enough. Sorry, I didn't know it's that much of a public health issue.

Thinking you don't need to wear a mask during a global pandemic because you lift weights is a real thing and absolutely a public health issue.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm the 25lb plates that are the same diameter as 45s

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Thinking you don't need to wear a mask during a global pandemic because you lift weights is a real thing and absolutely a public health issue.
I think I expressed that badly. Of course I agree with you there, fitness is no replacement for proper social distancing and facial coverage. I meant the whole 'fitness instead of professional medical care' thing, which is apparently more of a hot button issue than I thought. I was speaking more generally and I suppose it didn't come across well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

I think I expressed that badly. Of course I agree with you there, fitness is no replacement for proper social distancing and facial coverage. I meant the whole 'fitness instead of professional medical care' thing, which is apparently more of a hot button issue than I thought. I was speaking more generally and I suppose it didn't come across well.

Yeah, there's a lot of people who think the right kind of fruit smoothie is a replacement for chemotherapy.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/MANewhall/status/1371620300106911746
Have an insane person

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Bumper plates are good and normal, especially for exercises that involve dropping the bar at the end.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Data Graham posted:

That's how deadlift plates are designed because they need to keep the bar the proper height from the floor.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

https://twitter.com/MANewhall/status/1377445646760882176?s=20

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Martman posted:

Mild kipping can be a useful set-extending option for people who can do a few pullups and want to get a little bit more work in. It's inappropriate for anyone who doesn't have the shoulder strength to do at least five dead hang pullups. That includes most crossfitters.

What we are seeing here is not mild kipping, though, and not something that anyone should do.

Data Graham posted:

Those are standard equipment in the olympic lifting world.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Hmm, yes. But have you considered:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume Rand's Funnel is just as lethal as a quasar radio beam.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I presume that's designed to be printed out, then worn as a cone of shame.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/1377404398222065666?s=20

I uh what

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
We call it right wing bingo.

Just throw every talking point at the wall at once

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Loving that "currency" and "property" are the opposite ends of the spectrum

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

That's the "I'm going to lose my grip on the pullup bar and land backwards on my barbell paralyzing myself" workout.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Vib Rib posted:

Loving that "currency" and "property" are the opposite ends of the spectrum

i'm the "erase borders" that's further along the extermism axis than "genocide"

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i'm the "erase borders" that's further along the extermism axis than "genocide"

I'm the "friendship" that is the opposite of "freedom."

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Woozie66 posted:

I'm the "friendship" that is the opposite of "freedom."

I'm thoughtcrime, indoctrination, and segregation all falling within the bounds of a healthy Overton window.

e: wait, no, I'm "capitalism's center" existing at the intersection of liberty and metrics, two points on the same axis

wizzardstaff has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Apr 1, 2021

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
Nothing like a nice word salad with a zesty horseshoe theory dressing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The most generous reading of that is still "a bunch of people breaking one law are also breaking a second law, so why do we have to follow the law?"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

The most generous reading of that is still "a bunch of people breaking one law are also breaking a second law, so why do we have to follow the law?"

No one is stopping her from fleeing into central America so I strongly suggest she does that.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cardiovorax posted:

Bout that;
https://twitter.com/_SJPeace_/status/1377662618442346499

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I, too, hate my elbows and want them to die.