Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Ive definitely been quoted at least five times now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sniping a page should be a bingo square

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh would you look at that

:smug:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

lurk more

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Standing by my Posting Purity Pledge and retaining my honor

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rarity posted:

Rarity: common

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Macaluso posted:

Rarity: common

Those born with greatness have always faced the scorn of lesser mortals

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
wuggles, please post more.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The last time we had bingo is when I actually started posting and I cleared a line in like 3 days to earn my bingo tag.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm doing my best I peed in a bottle while I wrote this post

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

hatty posted:

Beat 13 sentinels last night in a sleep deprived haze it was very good! I won't bore people with my detailed rambling thoughts so I just made a fun tier list instead since this thread loves those.

Okino would be in the A tier If I were to include important tertiary characters

Imagine not putting Nat-chan in S tier

She and Yuki are Best Girls

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

last time we played bingo i got a line but didnt get a tag :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Does this count as posting a pic of a pet and a screenshot of a game I'm playing?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

So if I've never played a souls game, what's a good starting point?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

xedo posted:

Depends on your platform. I think Dark Souls 1 is very accessible. Some people would recommend Demons' Souls, but I think it's a bit more rough and punishing.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

operam ad meliora vocantem quia non facit ea

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Yeah, I'd go with DSI. It's not my favourite but it's the best place to get your start.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

wuggles posted:

I'm doing my best I peed in a bottle while I wrote this post

Wait, when did Amazon buy the forums?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kerrzhe posted:

last time we played bingo i got a line but didnt get a tag :(

I demand Metis gives you a tag!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ChickenMedium posted:

Wait, when did Amazon buy the forums?

They didn't buy the forums, they just bought all the posters

You don't get 3 cents every time you post??

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Simone Magus posted:

operam ad meliora vocantem quia non facit ea
Satis iam pudet. :smith:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Simone Magus posted:

Imagine not putting Nat-chan in S tier

She and Yuki are Best Girls

She constantly skips out on her track practice. She has commitment issues and I'm sorry to say that it cost her a letter grade

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

They didn't buy the forums, they just bought all the posters

You don't get 3 cents every time you post??

they only give you 3 cents?? someone needs to talk to hr...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

xedo posted:

Honestly you can start with any of them and if you ask around these forums, you'll find a balanced mix of goons for whose first souls was DeS, DS1, DS2, DS3, or BB. (Okay probably nobody played Sekiro first, its really hard)

I played DS1 first and its my all time favorite for not just the level design, but the WORLD design, which sadly the other souls games don't do as much.

But 2 and 3 are in some ways a little more polished, have better graphics and slightly improved controls and more responsive combat. Same for BB.

On the other end, Demon's is a little rougher but also a little simpler. It has a different format which can make it easy to try different things if you get stuck, but it also has some obtuse mechanics.

You can't go wrong, pick any of them, and please post about your first experiences ITT :) You can only play your first souls once and its a magical journey.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

That isn't an achievement you should desire (unless it's a bingo square, then ignore me)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

:hmmyes:

xedo posted:

As someone who has been loving my journey through souls I managed to get into them by playing Bloodborne first. However the difference in combat between Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 was a little tough for me but the game was still so awesome that I kept playing and am now near the end of Dark Souls 2! :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cant play Outriders because the servers keep going down, and the game requires a constant stable internet connection otherwise it boots you back to the main menu.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My first Souls game was The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sekiro is indeed very difficult but it kinda counterbalances that by removing the corpse run mechanic (very liberating) and throwing checkpoints at you. i don't think I'm all that far in the game still but I've found 19 idols (bonfires) and literally just stumbled upon the most recent one while trying to find a place to count them

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Just gotta pause for a moment and respect the hidden truth that was revealed in that discussion about chili dark souls.
It is hard to beat a dark souls game, but it is also hard to make a dark souls game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Here's my newbie souls advise:

- the beginning is harder than the end, don't get discouraged. You will struggle on the first few bosses but once it 'clicks' you'll roll through tons of bosses later on.

- losing souls sucks but as you get further in the game you'll get more souls anyways, and levels really aren't that important. Don't sweat it if you lose souls.

- if you get stuck, anything can be beaten with the power of friendship (summoning friends is like choosing to lower the difficulty for a boss, which is fine and good and fun)

Take your time, be observant, read item descriptions, and have fun :)

Looper posted:

sekiro is indeed very difficult but it kinda counterbalances that by removing the corpse run mechanic (very liberating) and throwing checkpoints at you. i don't think I'm all that far in the game still but I've found 19 idols (bonfires) and literally just stumbled upon the most recent one while trying to find a place to count them

Sekiro's world is really cool and the boss fights are the best swordfighting I've ever experienced in a game. The way you feel bosses pressure you, but then as you learn them you turn it around and pressure them, it feels incredible.

But the simple fact you can't summon friends to help if you're stuck on a tough boss means it turns off a ton of people.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

Cant play Outriders because the servers keep going down, and the game requires a constant stable internet connection otherwise it boots you back to the main menu.

Now that's a quality April Fool's joke

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

im probably gonna wait until tomorrow before i hop in, maybe saturday. i still got monsters to hunt

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So I think I'm just going to give my PSP away. It's not really worth the hassle to sell. Anyone want it? It's already modded and has a micro sd adapter, but it's the 1000 model.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Mods need to pull a community paintball episode and announce that this months prize to the top bingoer is $10000

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MGS4: Oh neat Crying Wolf is using Fortune's gun from MGS2

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm a disgusting weeb and all but shadowverse has really nice art.

Rarity posted:

MGS4: Oh neat Crying Wolf is using Fortune's gun from MGS2

All of snakehound uses weapons from MGS2. Laughing Octopus uses the tendrils and SMGs Solidus has.

bovis posted:

So I just finished the story in MH Rise I think and it was such a non-ending but also very good because of just how happy every character is! I love this game and I'm happy I could finally find a MonHun game I can seriously get into! :D

MH games have stories? Never really played them butI thought they were basically on the level of sonic or mario.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All of them are mashups of bosses from the previous games. Their names are an MGS3 boss shoved into an MGS1 boss.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Watching Hunting Horn Weapon videos so I can be useful in my weekend MP monhun session. How's everyone else doing today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is anyone else Outriding

https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1377674676378427399?s=20